2818 19 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
poppylfh-sp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3902884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will the Platinum props work on the original Mavic Pro? If so, will there be a reduction in noise and an increase in flight time?
2017-9-5
Use props
H83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United Kingdom

They will fit, you may get a very slight reduction and a small increase in flight time but not much i wouldn't think.
2017-9-5
Use props
Vannibombonato
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325778 ft
Italy

Typing the same question on Google or spending 3 seconds to look for a zillion similar threads would have given you the answer.
2017-9-5
Use props
Krevvy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77493 ft
United Kingdom

other threads on this, yes fit, may need a firmware upgrade to work.... should be a bit quieter, not sure about extra flight time, likely not
2017-9-5
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Your questions have already been replied to a million times on this forum and there is even a sticky thread at the top of this forum with all the answers:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-110991-1-1.html
2017-9-5
Use props
djiuser_JdGkhcj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 269354 ft
United Kingdom

You could cut them down (original) into stubbys so u get more speed but less lift
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Yes, the Platinum props will work on the original Mavic Pro after updating to the latest firmware.
2017-9-5
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-5 22:46
Yes, the Platinum props will work on the original Mavic Pro after updating to the latest firmware.

So specifically....why the need to update the firmware?
2017-9-5
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Yawn, another will they fit thread
2017-9-6
Use props
b0n3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

geoffz Posted at 2017-9-5 23:00

Good question...
For me it's also very interesting!
Why do we need to upgrade to the latest firmware for using new props?
2017-9-6
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Too early to tell. It will fit according to DJI but the jury is still out on the actual results. We need to wait until after 9/15 or possible later to put these new props to the test which I'm certain many will do.
2017-9-6
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Despite of having tons of questions about that, and many pilots stay "angry" to read it, we can, allways, get some news: the link between propellers and update.
2017-9-6
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... new props probably perform different than the old ones... MP detects if something is wrong with a prop (difference in RPM per prop).
2017-9-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-9-6 08:58
... new props probably perform different than the old ones... MP detects if something is wrong with a prop (difference in RPM per prop).

Best answer so far
2017-9-6
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mari Posted at 2017-9-6 08:58

There is no correlation with the firmware. The mavic pro wont know the difference in the props.
I am aware it is possible to flash the ESC firmware, but i do think FOC is highly likely a hardware change in the ESC.
If this was the case, why wont DJI publicly state that the latest firmware on the mavic pro will improve flight times. It doesnt matter what props you use, technically the Soloinoid ESC would increase efficiency.

To be honest, i think Its just who-ha to get everyone on the latest firmwares =) I guess we have to wait and see.

2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

geoffz Posted at 2017-9-5 23:00

The Mavic Platnum optimize the motor performance, so we would suggest to use the latest firmware to ensure the stability.
2017-9-8
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-8 02:27
The Mavic Platnum optimize the motor performance, so we would suggest to use the latest firmware to ensure the stability.

Ok...so they work with the older Mavic...DJI just recommends a firmware update.
2017-9-9
Use props
Eraser339
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25502 ft
Australia

Platinum uses sine waves to control the esc. Pro uses square waves. Square waves has many more harmonics. I am not sure if they are audible. It would be nice to know at what frequency the noise is reduced. As I am tone deaf so I might not benefit.  
2018-3-2
Use props
Paulf10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 444091 ft
United States

I don’t understand why people take the time to respond to a question for the sole purpose of criticizing and being a jerk to the poor sole who dared to ask! Get off your high horses and try to at least act like a decent human being! If you don’t like the question just ignore it and move on!
2018-3-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will fit after FW update, about one-minute extra flight, about 30% reduction in noise.
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules