RC IPhone Hardwired set on Airplane mode
1207 10 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HeavensAbove
lvl.2
United States

Greetings, i have my RC in my spark connected hardwired to my iphone 7, curious as is it safe to put my phone in airplane mode, i have read in some articles that the only downfall is you have no live maps.  Is this True, appreciate all feedback as always.  
2017-9-5
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

i have always flown my spark with Bluetooth, WIFI (of course to connect to rc + ac) and Cellular on.  I have had no connection issues so i haven't put it on Airplane Mode.
2017-9-5
Use props
HeavensAbove
lvl.2
United States

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-5 12:01
i have always flown my spark with Bluetooth, WIFI (of course to connect to rc + ac) and Cellular on.  I have had no connection issues so i haven't put it on Airplane Mode.

Yesterday was about  my 6th time flying hardwired and while in the air, it kept on disconnecting.  Dont know if there was interferences or simply just the OTG adapter losing connection since it is an adapter pluged in then to a usb which i rather would have a one cable that connects straight through if they make them.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

If you want to fly in airplane mode, please ensure that the GPS signal is strong.
As your mobile device open airplane mode, you should open wifi to connect spark and there is no live map without Internet.
Any question, please contact us.
2017-9-5
Use props
HeavensAbove
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-5 19:18
If you want to fly in airplane mode, please ensure that the GPS signal is strong.
As your mobile device open airplane mode, you should open wifi to connect spark and there is no live map without Internet.
Any question, please contact us.

thanks for the reply, i usually make sure i have my maps cached and have a strong gps signal before take off and putting it in landscape mode, let me know if this is suitable.

thanks
2017-9-6
Use props
Nick779
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459610 ft
United States

Using OTG isnt fully supported.

With the latest Go 4 update, Ive had no connection issues running wifi only to the remote, just a little latency which is expected.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Nick779 Posted at 2017-9-6 04:25
Using OTG isnt fully supported.

With the latest Go 4 update, Ive had no connection issues running wifi only to the remote, just a little latency which is expected.

Nick,OTG is not tested. Please be careful when you use OTG and make sure the environment is suitable to fly. Using OTG may void the warranty.
2017-9-6
Use props
Nick779
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-6 05:21
Nick,OTG is not tested. Please be careful when you use OTG and make sure the environment is suitable to fly. Using OTG may void the warranty.

Thats exactly what I said. It isn't (IS NOT) supported, and I dont (DO NOT) use it, I use wireless only.
2017-9-6
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-5 12:01

Oh, and I've never used an OTG cable.  Have one but never need to use it.
2017-9-6
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

Nick779 Posted at 2017-9-6 08:34
Thats exactly what I said. It isn't (IS NOT) supported, and I dont (DO NOT) use it, I use wireless only.

.....and yet pilots are using OTG on iphones without any issues.
2017-9-10
Use props
Nick779
lvl.2
United States

brasda91 Posted at 2017-9-10 05:00
.....and yet pilots are using OTG on iphones without any issues.

Hey whatever floats their boat. I am more than thrilled with the performance of Wifi only on my spark. My record is at 1.65 miles.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules