Offline maps for IOS users
3475 6 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMX46
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101220 ft
Canada

It looks like the DJI GO 4 app for IOS is using Apple Maps. If you open that app and browse the areas you want to fly your device caches that data and it's ready for DJI Go when it's needed without downloading again (faster and caches a larger area than using GO4)

2017-9-5
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Canada

(Leave Apple Maps loaded in background - just switch to GO 4) or you may loose the cached data
2017-9-5
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good tip - I knew Go 4 used Apple Maps but did not know you could cache a larger area by opening it first. Thanks!
2017-9-5
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

Do you guys have a tutorial on how to use offline maps?I'm on IOS as well   Ty
2017-9-6
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Dji would it be possible to I've the option to choose which maps we use on IOS?
Apple maps is very limited and doesn't have the option to download maps, google maps how ever does the trick. This way we could use cached maps when flying in airplane or remote areas.
Or simply let us download the map within DJIGO.
2017-9-6
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Canada

Jr 5542 Posted at 2017-9-6 05:18
Do you guys have a tutorial on how to use offline maps?I'm on IOS as well   Ty

Just make sure you open the area you are going to fly in Apple Maps first (on wifi) - zoom in - out / move around to cache that area and any others - then leave Apple Maps open on your IOS device (in the background) - I usually go "Airplane Mode" and enable Wifi only - then launch the DJI Go app after connecting to the remote's Wifi - you will find the area you cached in Apple Maps available and ready in the GO 4 app - if it prompts about cellular just ignore it and the map will still appear - I've tested this a number of times and works great
2017-9-6
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

Thank you much for your help.I will give that a try.
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules