Remote Control Battery Life
2676 26 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CycloneDrones
lvl.1
United States

Like most folks after firmware update back in July, my P4 remote control will not fully charge.  Prior to update RC lasted for days...now it's only 45 minutes before low battery alarm triggered.  When charging, only first three of four white progress lights function.  Quite honestly, I've flown for quite a bit longer by just ignoring the alarm.  Any hints to recover from the ill-gotten firmware update or just bit the bullet with alarm? On a clear no windy day, the High Wind warning is issued.  Any thoughts on this issue?
2017-9-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You just posted in another thread, that your drone crashed. Why are you worried about the RC battery?

Was this a part of the crash cause?

RedHotPoker
2017-9-5
Use props
CycloneDrones
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-5 18:48
You just posted in another thread, that your drone crashed. Why are you worried about the RC battery?

Was this a part of the crash cause?

Separate aircraft. I own both a P3P and P4.  P3P crashed in June due to pilot error.  P4's firmware updated in early July.  Since then battery life is no more than 45 minutes before RC Low Battery alert triggered.  Trying to understand if P4 RC updated caused issues, as others have, or is it simply a hardware issue.  Either way, with DJI care, probably not going to send it back to company for repair.
2017-9-6
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

CycloneDrones Posted at 2017-9-6 05:32
Separate aircraft. I own both a P3P and P4.  P3P crashed in June due to pilot error.  P4's firmware updated in early July.  Since then battery life is no more than 45 minutes before RC Low Battery alert triggered.  Trying to understand if P4 RC updated caused issues, as others have, or is it simply a hardware issue.  Either way, with DJI care, probably not going to send it back to company for repair.

Same thing happened to me immediately after doing the upgrade, had to send the controller in for replacement.
2017-9-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, I replied to your other thread, that I understood your situation, having a bad RC battery. Even if you can utilize the other drones RC, like I said, try and link them together.  You should send that bad RC in for fix. You might consider to buy a refurbished drone to replace the lost one too. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-9-6
Use props
tech126
lvl.1
United States

microlinux Posted at 2017-9-6 07:47
Same thing happened to me immediately after doing the upgrade, had to send the controller in for replacement.

Did you get your remote back? I sent mines out in July and still haven't got it back yet.
2017-9-6
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tech126 Posted at 2017-9-6 19:00
Did you get your remote back? I sent mines out in July and still haven't got it back yet.

I have not, they received mine at the end of July.  It's been sitting at the "Verified" stage for 2 weeks. I haven't been able to get a coherent explanation of what that is. One would think it means they verified the problem.

Fortunately I purchased another remote to use in the meantime, I anticipated it would be slow . . . but I don't understand how it takes a month to verify a simple problem. They'd have to plug it in for 2 minutes. I even sent a video clearly showing the problem.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can try to refresh the Controller's firmware, if the issue persists, I suggest sending it back. For the high wind warning, when the drone detects that the current wind speed is higher than 6 m/s, the warning will pop up on the app. Please note that the wind speed mentioned above is not the wind speed on the ground, but the one in the air.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DJI Care will not cover the issues of the controller, but if it is a warranty case, you will not get the charge. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Sorry for this, could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it? Thank you.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

microlinux Posted at 2017-9-6 21:19
I have not, they received mine at the end of July.  It's been sitting at the "Verified" stage for 2 weeks. I haven't been able to get a coherent explanation of what that is. One would think it means they verified the problem.

Fortunately I purchased another remote to use in the meantime, I anticipated it would be slow . . . but I don't understand how it takes a month to verify a simple problem. They'd have to plug it in for 2 minutes. I even sent a video clearly showing the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience, could you please provide us with your case number so I can get more info? Appreciate it.
2017-9-6
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Russia

I have the same problem. My RC alarms all the time. Although I charge it but it is not charging full, only two of four leds and then charging is stopping. I know that battery is not empty and use it anyway but this wild beeping make me crazy... I tried to ask DJI - they have only one answer for all - "send it back". I don't have time before travel so I did not send them. And as my warranty is not valid because I have bought it not from my local dealer I should pay for recovery RC. Who had experience with sending it back to DJI - how long it takes and how much it costs?
Good luck and nice flights to all!
2017-9-7
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-6 22:49
Sorry for the inconvenience, could you please provide us with your case number so I can get more info? Appreciate it.

Thanks, my case is CAS-849404-Y9S2W3. Though, I did mix up my dates - the controller was received on 8/15, but it's still almost a month now. I chatted with a rep on Tuesday who said they escalated the case and I would hear from someone in 24-48 hours, but  I haven't heard anything yet.

Appreciate the help.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Had received your PM, I have forwarded this concern to the appropriate department, will look into it and help you get an update soon. Thanks for your patience.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

microlinux Posted at 2017-9-7 15:20
Thanks, my case is CAS-849404-Y9S2W3. Though, I did mix up my dates - the controller was received on 8/15, but it's still almost a month now. I chatted with a rep on Tuesday who said they escalated the case and I would hear from someone in 24-48 hours, but  I haven't heard anything yet.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks for your feedback, I had informed the proper team to take care of your case, will help to get an update soon. Appreciate your waiting.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Had received you PM. Glad to know that you got the RC back now. Hope you have a nice time. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-9-11
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

microlinux Posted at 2017-9-6 21:19

Verified..... DJI has a great product but the Service end of things can be quite a lot slower.  Good luck
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

The best course of action is to contact Customer Service on this point. Check the app as well to see if you have any notifications on cell damage.
2017-9-12
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-12 08:09
Verified..... DJI has a great product but the Service end of things can be quite a lot slower.  Good luck

Thanks to the efforts of DJI-Thor my remote was shipped out shortly after I posted.
2017-9-12
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

microlinux Posted at 2017-9-12 09:47
Thanks to the efforts of DJI-Thor my remote was shipped out shortly after I posted.

WIN!  Fall is coming, and it will be good to get some pics... terrible time to have your drone in the shop
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_7SJCSSv
Banned

Vietnam

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-18
Use props
Kite Surf Colle
New
Flight distance : 99997 ft
Aruba

Hello, I have the same problem with my P4 RC. Controller won't charge fully, and then discharges quickly.

This seemed to happen after an RC firmware update. I spoke to DJI and they said I could send it in for repair. Which is nice, although it takes a long time and I have ongoing projects.

However, it seems to me the RC update is the problem, not the controller battery. I say this because I actually have a another, much older P4 remote. I hadn't used for 6 months. I turned it on for a couple of hours and it kept its charge really well, no battery problems. It even worked fine, after I paired my P4 to it - the whole time is kept its battery level fine. Then I applied the firmware update and the  battery suddenly showed as dead and now won't charge properly.

I'm not sure how this could happen, but for sure the firmware update is causing it.

2017-9-23
Use props
Kite Surf Colle
New
Flight distance : 99997 ft
Aruba

I have the exact same problem. Happened immediately after RC firmware upgrade.
2017-9-23
Use props
fansd1d40f34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1330495 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kite Surf Colle Posted at 2017-9-23 09:30
Hello, I have the same problem with my P4 RC. Controller won't charge fully, and then discharges quickly.

This seemed to happen after an RC firmware update. I spoke to DJI and they said I could send it in for repair. Which is nice, although it takes a long time and I have ongoing projects.

Same happened to me.  I sent it in.  Awaiting service to do their thing.
2017-9-23
Use props
GuiKuhnert
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34367 ft
Brazil

I had the same problem with my RC and I decided to send it to the repair, electronic components damaged, the battery was charged but the RC did not fill this
2017-9-25
Use props
dayviduk
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Confused here ,If DJI send out an update and that screws your RC why should you have to pay to get it fixed or am i missing something
2017-9-25
Use props
fansd1d40f34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1330495 ft
  • >>>
United States

dayviduk Posted at 2017-9-25 08:47
Confused here ,If DJI send out an update and that screws your RC why should you have to pay to get it fixed or am i missing something

I'm awaiting to find out if DJI is going to charge me.  I sent RC in with same issue described on this thread.  I hope they don't. One would think since their firmware is causing the issue they'd repair/replace for free.  But, how do I prove it's their fault if they do charge?  
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules