Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Home me function
1736 15 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaverickPro
First Officer
Flight distance : 929367 ft
Czechia

Whenever I tap "Home me" icon I only get a  message GPS signal is weak. It doesn't make a sense to me. I've got my  tablet's GPS on, I can see my accurate position in other app map in the  tablet. Does this function even work to anyone else out there, please?  Please tell me, do you use "Home me"? I haven't tried it on other device  so far. Please give me some hearings, thank you.
2017-9-5
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Do you mean RTH?
If so, you have to set it up to your preference.
2017-9-6
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Are you using an IOS device.  There have been many reports of this same issue with Apple devices.  I don't remember seeing any viable solutions.
2017-9-6
Use props
MaverickPro
First Officer
Czechia

I am on Android, I don't mean RTH exactly, but in fact it is rewriting my gps home position to use it for RTH. I mean the icon which is on the second page of DJI GO app (slide screen), where you can change the "Home position Aircraft" (this is ok) and "Home position Me" (fails). It is useful when you are changing location while flying. But "Home Me" doesn't work on my Android device.
2017-9-6
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Which version of the app are you using?

Sometimes they fix things, sometimes they break this when updating to next version of App...
2017-9-6
Use props
ars.fabula
First Officer
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

MaverickPro Posted at 2017-9-6 06:20
I am on Android, I don't mean RTH exactly, but in fact it is rewriting my gps home position to use it for RTH. I mean the icon which is on the second page of DJI GO app (slide screen), where you can change the "Home position Aircraft" (this is ok) and "Home position Me" (fails). It is useful when you are changing location while flying. But "Home Me" doesn't work on my Android device.

Home point:me works fine on my Android 7 LG G6 phone and I did use it in the past on a Android 6 Sony Z3. I'm running FW .1000 and DJIGO 4.1.8.

What versions are you running ? What's your HW ?

In DJI GO if you tap on the map, it becomes full-screen Can you see a blue dot (you) and a green one (the Mavic)?
2017-9-6
Use props
MaverickPro
First Officer
Czechia

Thank you all for response. I'm on Android 6, dev. Nexus 7, app 4.1.5, firm. .1000. I guess I can see only green H for RTH record on the map. I'll try to focus on the map next time. And definetly I'll try other device too.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When setting user's current position as the Homepoint, it needs the GPS of the mobile device. It might because the accuracy of the GPS isn't adequate for setting, so the app will prompt you the mobile device GPS signal weak. You can try to fly in another place with less interference or test on another mobile device.
2017-9-7
Use props
MaverickPro
First Officer
Czechia

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-9-6 08:36
Home point:me works fine on my Android 7 LG G6 phone and I did use it in the past on a Android 6 Sony Z3. I'm running FW .1000 and DJIGO 4.1.8.

What versions are you running ? What's your HW ?

Hi, thanks. I don't see blue dot nor green one. Simply it doesn't work on my device. .
2017-9-8
Use props
MaverickPro
First Officer
Czechia

Just a little "Let know" - Home point:Me works now for me! I am not quite sure about the reason, but the fact is that I had tried to deactivate my antivirus (Avast) on the device and after that it started to work. So now I can use also Follow Me function. Thanks for your reactions above anyway. Next time I'll try to reactivate antivirus to see whether it really has any influence on that or not.
2017-9-21
Use props
MaverickPro
First Officer
Czechia

I was flying this afternoon testing "Home point:Me" again. I must say that I was wrong about the antivirus. Simply GPS didn't work again. But then I found out that the function Follow me and Home point:Me works only when I start GPS on the device first and even after that I start up the DJI app. So just for clarification.
2017-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MaverickPro Posted at 2017-9-21 10:32
I was flying this afternoon testing "Home point:Me" again. I must say that I was wrong about the antivirus. Simply GPS didn't work again. But then I found out that the function Follow me and Home point:Me works only when I start GPS on the device first and even after that I start up the DJI app. So just for clarification.

So you got it working that way?
2017-9-21
Use props
MaverickPro
First Officer
Czechia

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-21 11:07
So you got it working that way?

Yes, it is working, I must keep in mind having GPS on prior to start of DJI GO 4.
2017-9-21
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

MaverickPro Posted at 2017-9-21 21:44
Yes, it is working, I must keep in mind having GPS on prior to start of DJI GO 4.

It doesn't seem to work on the iPad Pro 10.5". I always get the error, even though all my other navigation apps have no trouble at all pinpointing my location to within a meter or less.
2017-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MaverickPro Posted at 2017-9-21 21:44

Ok, thanks. Good to know!
2017-9-21
Use props
MaverickPro
First Officer
Czechia

Jyunte Posted at 2017-9-21 22:33
It doesn't seem to work on the iPad Pro 10.5". I always get the error, even though all my other navigation apps have no trouble at all pinpointing my location to within a meter or less.

Hmm, while I was flying yesterday afternoon first I could not force the Home point:Me function get to work - DJI app said GPS signal is weak. Although the other day before it had worked. I switched app to other map application in my tablet (still flying) and I saw, that really I couldn't even see my position even in that other map. After landing and backpacking all the stuff I tried to check that map app again and wow the pointing of my position was there! So I brought RC, MP and DJI GO back to life, connecting usb cable to RC as the last and since then the position has stayed functional and Homepoint:Me has worked perfectly. So this is my so far experience with that. I'm quite curious about the behaviour of this issue in the future.
2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules