Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turning off the motors after landing to my hand.
1741 5 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaverickPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929367 ft
Czechia

Since Mavic is so tiny, it is quite common to land on a rough surface  comparing the size of the dron and the type of the surface (grass,  gravel, ...). In such situation I rather land in to my  hand carefully, which is nothing extraordinary - I guess, everybody does  it. My point is, how to stop the engines. Typically, I pull  down left stick all the way till it stops, of course. But at that moment  Mavic is starting to panic, trying to fly away. Of course - I think  this is due to the visual sensors on the bottom. You can feel the strong  force generated from the propellers and must hold the dron's body quite  tight
Please, does anybody has an advice how to stop the engines slowly and  nicely (without Mavic's panic) like when it is on the surface after  automatic landing? Is it possible to turn off visual sensors by some  easy tap in the app before manual landing (I know about the sliders in settings)? Or any other trick? Thank you for your hints.
2017-9-5
Use props
Lay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185449 ft
Finland

This thread might help

https://forum.dji.com/thread-106505-1-1.html
2017-9-5
Use props
MaverickPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929367 ft
Czechia

Lay Posted at 2017-9-5 23:10
This thread might help

https://forum.dji.com/thread-106505-1-1.html

Thank you, that helped.
2017-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I read turning it on it's side will shut the motors down.
I've also seen people starting a landing procedure and quickly hold their hand below the AC while it has started descending (it was on the Spark forum, but I think it will work for MP also).
2017-9-6
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

If you turn off Landing protection it won't fight you when you land in your hand it shuts right off
2017-9-6
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

You will still have Precision landing and all that good stuff
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules