The shoulder bag - aircraft position???
871 7 2017-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaverickPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929367 ft
Czechia

The Mavic's shoulder bag - when Mavic is inserted into the shoulder bag  with the gimbal cover downwards then I'm affraid of cracking the gimbal  cover against the ground accidentally. Otherwise (the gimbal cover goes  upwards in the bag) it is quite tough to pull the aircraft out of the  bag due to antennas (front legs). What is the safe and the best position  of Mavic in the bag? Thank you.
2017-9-5
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

I have the extended legs in mine so it will only go one way into the Mavic shoulder bag, that is to say it will only fit with gimbal down.

You have two choices as I see it, either be careful with your expensive drone (in my book, this is a given) or buy a more padded after market back pack style case for your drone.
2017-9-6
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah I'd add a little foam at the base of the bag then insert the MP with gimbal facing down. Think it is much easier to remove from the bag but at the same time, having some cushion for protection.
2017-9-6
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I insert my Mavic with gimbal facing up, and at the back of the bag.
2017-9-6
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Hi. I always insert the drone into the bag with the gimbal cover facing down. No worries. I've traveled with it all over the place (including in the checked-in luggage) and so far no problems. If you crash the cover... get a new one, it's cheap. Don't worry without any cause ;-) Cheers!
2017-9-6
Use props
MaverickPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929367 ft
Czechia

Thank you all, maybe I'll try to carry it facing down and when it cracks, I'll let you know
2017-9-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is a sleeve you can purchase from dji cost €7 best thing for covering your Mavic before you insert it in your bag fits perfectly fur laden inside great protection, one of my best buy's.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-aircraft-sleeve
2017-9-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MaverickPro Posted at 2017-9-16 04:27
Thank you all, maybe I'll try to carry it facing down and when it cracks, I'll let you know

A bit of bubble wrap or packing foam it bottom of case perhaps.
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules