Thanks,
2017-9-6
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Fly with caution and ensure the aircraft remains in sight.
2017-9-6
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Bring Spark down as low as you can such that you do not lost connection and free from any obstacle. And if the wind would continue at current speed or stronger you should start bring it back before you run out of battery. The Spark battery is good for 1 to 2 round trip of 500 m. or just 8 minutes max. of flying out and that makes total of 16 min. round trip. Strong wind requires you more time to fly back.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

It depends on the electricity amount of your drone and the position.
If your drone is in high altitude, you can let your drone fly lower first.
If your drone is in low altitude, landing immediately is better.
Any question, please inform us.
2017-9-6
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

i normally bring it lower.. so that it wont fly away
2017-9-6
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

My personal choice is to lower the spark until the high wind warnings stop, and if they don't stop I land the craft and stop flying.  The reason for this is that I try very hard to always be in control of the craft, and to maximize my opportunity to return the craft home in the event of unexpected/unwanted events.

There is always the chance that the craft could lose GPS signal, in which case it goes to ATTI mode.  In such an event it is the pilot vs. nature, as the breezes or winds will have significant impact on the craft.  These higher winds will challenge one's piloting skills, and may even exceed them.  If one doesn't have a lot of practice flying in atti mode (spark doesn't let you control this), and if one hasn't kept the craft in LOS, the flight will not end well.
2017-9-6
Use props
Jojo10
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69633 ft
Germany

Charles is right. Be in control all the time.
But this depends on the enviroment, your skills and mostly how big your balls are.
But I would say it always means line of sight.

Bye

BTW: Spark is flying incredible good in high winds. I tested it up to 35km/h-40km/h and it was surprisingly solid.
2017-9-6
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

The rule of thumb I like to use is if I get a high wind warning.  I bring it down to 5m and if the warning goes away I fly at lower heights.  if the warning doesn't go away, I land it.  Always use common sense; it's that simple.
2017-9-6
Use props
Thedonsza
Captain
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Keep it in sight. Bring it back if you're low on battery.
2017-9-6
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

Get lower first. Wind will usually slow down due to obstacles near the ground. Get back control this way.

Then pack it up, because that could be an indictator that more wind is on the way.
2017-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules