Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile not charging
13551 22 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
midgardkrieger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1529 ft
Germany

Hi there, buyed the Osmo mobile yesterday, pluged in the cable into a usb charger, specs are 5.3V 2.0A.
At first there were two green lights, they changed into a blinking red light. so far so good. So the Osmo was charging for about 5 Hours, still a blinking red light. Already cleaned the contacts this morning. same thing.

What´s wrong with that thing. 300€+ honestly this should work without problems.

greetings.

2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The voltage of USB charger should be 5V, please try to charge Osmo Mobile with USB port in your computer.
2017-9-6
Use props
midgardkrieger
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-6 01:22
The voltage of USB charger should be 5V, please try to charge Osmo Mobile with USB port in your computer.

ok now i pluged in another usb adapter 5v 1A is that enough?
2017-9-6
Use props
midgardkrieger
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-6 01:22

now that i changed the adapter there is one green light on the power on and a red on the other side, the red on the power on starts blinking the other light goes out. is that all correct now?
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

midgardkrieger Posted at 2017-9-6 01:42
now that i changed the adapter there is one green light on the power on and a red on the other side, the red on the power on starts blinking the other light goes out. is that all correct now?

Yes, 5V,1A is OK.
Please wait a moment to see if the right indication will become slow pulsing red/yellow/green.
system indicator.png
2017-9-6
Use props
midgardkrieger
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-6 01:58
Yes, 5V,1A is OK.
Please wait a moment to see if the right indication will become slow pulsing red/yellow/green.
[view_image]

hey, so it is charging for over one hour now, but still the light only pulses red. You said something about "red / yellow / green".  so it has not changed the color to yellow yet.  (should the status change during charging?)
2017-9-6
Use props
midgardkrieger
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-6 01:58
Yes, 5V,1A is OK.
[view_image]

Hallo, so 3 hours have passed. It is still just flashing (pulsing) in red light. no other colors at all. IS there any other solution? if not i will return that thing.
done so far:
Used a 5v 1A USB-charger to load (charger works just fine with other device).  
Total time 3 hours today, 5 hours yesterday. no success.
Cleaned the contacts and no there is no plastic on the contacts.  

any thing else i can do about that? answer please!
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

midgardkrieger Posted at 2017-9-6 04:54
Hallo, so 3 hours have passed. It is still just flashing (pulsing) in red light. no other colors at all. IS there any other solution? if not i will return that thing.
done so far:
Used a 5v 1A USB-charger to load (charger works just fine with other device).  

When you power on the Osmo Mobile after 3- hour charging, did the right indicator still blink red?
2017-9-6
Use props
buzzkill58
lvl.1
United States

Could be a silly question, but did you remove the plastic film of the connector end of the battery?
2017-9-9
Use props
midgardkrieger
lvl.1
Germany

hey, yah I did remove the plastic :-).  The solution was bringing the whole thing back to the store and exchanging it. The new one seems to work fine. Thanks anyway. :-)
2017-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

midgardkrieger Posted at 2017-10-28 13:10
hey, yah I did remove the plastic :-).  The solution was bringing the whole thing back to the store and exchanging it. The new one seems to work fine. Thanks anyway. :-)

Well, I actually forgot to remove it.
Took me about 6 hours to realize I was not charging at all....
Stupid me
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-28 13:32
Well, I actually forgot to remove it.
Took me about 6 hours to realize I was not charging at all....
Stupid me

Haha, looks like you have already received the device.
Hope you have a great time with it.
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

midgardkrieger Posted at 2017-10-28 13:10

Good to know the problem got sorted out.
Please keep us posted if you have any further problem.
2017-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-28 23:10
Haha, looks like you have already received the device.
Hope you have a great time with it.

I did. It feels very good.
I will post some examples tomorrow (I hope)
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-29 00:18
I did. It feels very good.
I will post some examples tomorrow (I hope)

Yes, looking forward to great shots.
2017-10-29
Use props
QuonsetHouse
lvl.1
United States

I am having charging issues. I am a new user, just got my Osmo mobile for Christmas. I was able to get the battery to charge a little bit but now it won't charge further and it is not at 100%, only at 75%. I have followed all the instructions above. It is plugged into my desktop computer right now and it has no lights on indicating charging. I left it like this for a few hours today and the battery is still at 75% according to the app. When I plug it in the light flashes green very briefly once and then no lights. Perhaps a defective battery?
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

QuonsetHouse Posted at 2018-1-1 15:39
I am having charging issues. I am a new user, just got my Osmo mobile for Christmas. I was able to get the battery to charge a little bit but now it won't charge further and it is not at 100%, only at 75%. I have followed all the instructions above. It is plugged into my desktop computer right now and it has no lights on indicating charging. I left it like this for a few hours today and the battery is still at 75% according to the app. When I plug it in the light flashes green very briefly once and then no lights. Perhaps a defective battery?

I'm sorry to read on this, please try to wipe the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with 95% alcohol and cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry. If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab.  
Please the problem persists, please try to turn the cable or pull out the cable a little bit to see if there is any response during charging.
Besides, do you have a second battery to have a try?
2018-1-2
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Your USB-port of your desktop maybe can't deliver the needed power to charge the Osmo battery... you could use the charger of your phone, they have more power to charge...  
2018-1-2
Use props
QuonsetHouse
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-2 02:04
I'm sorry to read on this, please try to wipe the copper sheet inside the battery compartment with 95% alcohol and cotton swab. Let the alcohol air dry. If it does not work, wipe the battery contact with alcohol and cotton swab.  
Please the problem persists, please try to turn the cable or pull out the cable a little bit to see if there is any response during charging.
Besides, do you have a second battery to have a try?

Thanks for the help, I will try cleaning the contacts with alcohol. Fiddling with the cable/pulling it in and out doesn't help. I have tried that. I don't have a second battery.
2018-1-2
Use props
QuonsetHouse
lvl.1
United States

Mari Posted at 2018-1-2 05:07
Your USB-port of your desktop maybe can't deliver the needed power to charge the Osmo battery... you could use the charger of your phone, they have more power to charge...

Thanks, I have tried USB-2 and USB-3 ports on my desktop and also iPhone charger ports.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

QuonsetHouse Posted at 2018-1-2 16:02
Thanks for the help, I will try cleaning the contacts with alcohol. Fiddling with the cable/pulling it in and out doesn't help. I have tried that. I don't have a second battery.

Thank you, please let me know if it works after cleaning the contact.
2018-1-3
Use props
Umi
New

Indonesia

Hi! I have same problem issue. When I charge my DJI Osmo Mobile, the led indicator is blinking red slowly, i’ve change the battery with the new one and it doesn’t blinking red/yellow/green like if I charged it normally. Help me
2018-10-3
Use props
Stumbows
New
Australia

Hey I actually had the same issue and someone suggested that I try charging using the DJI external battery charger. It's something to do with the battery being a smart battery and this bypasses that mechanism. Anyway I bought one and tried it as a last resort and that actually fixed my issue. I can now charge internally too.
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules