Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexVideoShark
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi DJI Thor ...
I have also tried to calibrate IMU ( 100% procedure completed ) and GIMBAL ..
the gimbal calibration procedure freezes at 50% ...

freezes at 50%

freezes at 50%

please please help meeeee
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

AlexVideoShark  Posted at 2017-9-29 10:04
Hi DJI Thor ...
I have also tried to calibrate IMU ( 100% procedure completed ) and GIMBAL ..
the gimbal calibration procedure freezes at 50% ...

Please try to shut down the drone and calibrate again, and if it still stuck at 50%, please try to refresh the beta again. Let me know if the problem persists.
2017-9-30
Use props
Mactech
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-30 02:24
Please try to shut down the drone and calibrate again, and if it still stuck at 50%, please try to refresh the beta again. Let me know if the problem persists.

I have had the same issue with the beta.   After the first application of the beta firmware, the gimbal calibrated without any hesitation and completed successfully.

After trying to recalibrate it two weeks later, it stuck at 50%.  Restart and it stuck @ 68%.   3rd time was a charm.  

The gimbal is back to making a noise, different than before and it gets very hot to touch.  So your firmware is slowly burning up my gimbal.
2017-9-30
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-30 02:24

hi DJI Thor ... before I wrote to you, I had already done several tests ...
including installing the beta firmware again and try calibration of the gimbal...
the gimbal is clean, no debris. after the beta upgrade the gimbal noise has disappeared and does not heat up anymore
but the problem remains ... calibration of the gimbal stops at 50% ...
and when I need to set the shutter at high value (800 or more) the recorded video is vibrating, ... (horizontal vibrations) .
now my DJI Phantom 4 pro is being repaired at DJI Store Center in Rome Eur
with fingers crossed ... I'll let you know how it ends ...
(I will  back from my job in 6 weeks).  anyway thank you and thank you again
2017-9-30
Use props
fans908a79db
New

Romania

Hi Dji Thor. I have a new P4 Pro and i also have this gimbal noise sudlently. Please send me the beta firmware at pol4victor@yahoo.com  to try to fix it.  
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AlexVideoShark  Posted at 2017-9-30 05:21
hi DJI Thor ... before I wrote to you, I had already done several tests ...
including installing the beta firmware again and try calibration of the gimbal...
the gimbal is clean, no debris. after the beta upgrade the gimbal noise has disappeared and does not heat up anymore

Very sorry for the late reply. I haven't got the reply from our engineers coz there's been on a long vacation in China. And I noticed that you had taken it to the repair center, hope it will be addressed soon. Looking forward to your feedback.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans908a79db Posted at 2017-9-30 20:58
Hi Dji Thor. I have a new P4 Pro and i also have this gimbal noise sudlently. Please send me the beta firmware at pol4victor@yahoo.com  to try to fix it.

The beta should be available since 5/10, please check, let me know if you haven't received it.
2017-10-8
Use props
Tchandler
New
United States

Having almost same problem just got phantom 4 pro 2 days a go and gimbal is making noise in down position then when I try to raise it it starts jumping and reads gamble overload any advice Already calibrated everything still same issue Email is camarodriver82@yahoo.com I have a video but don’t know how to post it
2017-10-8
Use props
Tchandler
New
United States

Gimbal problem
2017-10-8
Use props
Tchandler
New
United States

2017-10-8
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Azerbaijan

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-8 03:06
Very sorry for the late reply. I haven't got the reply from our engineers coz there's been on a long vacation in China. And I noticed that you had taken it to the repair center, hope it will be addressed soon. Looking forward to your feedback.

DJI Thor ...  I’m never finish to tanks you ... for sure I let you know when my love Phantom4P will back to me ;-)
2017-10-8
Use props
Jan95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 378442 ft
Netherlands

DJI Thor, I have my phantom 4 pro 1 day and the same problem. Can you give me the beta firm ware
My email is jan@dekwekkerije.nl
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jan95 Posted at 2017-10-27 12:25
DJI Thor, I have my phantom 4 pro 1 day and the same problem. Can you give me the beta firm ware
My email is

Received with thanks! I will forward to the designated team and add you in. Please have a try when you received it.
2017-10-27
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1685413 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also having issues with my new Drone. I had a replacement under the Refresh program and the new drone was updated when I took it out of the box. I have the gimbal noise as well and the controller signal is all over the place.Losing connection at very short ranges now sometimes. Also, the camera is not as “crisp” as my first P4P. That’s the best way I can explain it. I used to could zoom in on ANY pic from my P4P and it still looked great as a 22 MP photo should. Now, if I zoom in, it looks like everything’ has fuzz around the edges. It’s hard to show but it’s there.

Anyway, could you please push the software to me as well. You have my email I’m sure..

Thanks!
2017-10-27
Use props
Project Film Cr
New
Costa Rica

Hello everyone, I have the same problem in my phantom 4, I am in the middle of a recording and I do not know what to do, please send me the firmware, project.film@hotmail.com

I appreciate the help, it really is urgent
2017-10-28
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Project Film Cr Posted at 2017-10-28 00:16
Hello everyone, I have the same problem in my phantom 4, I am in the middle of a recording and I do not know what to do, please send me the firmware,

Same with me...Please send ASAP...
2017-10-28
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello? Need this bad Thor...
2017-10-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

GARN Posted at 2017-10-29 00:29

You might give him a reply or better a PM with your account so he get a notice.
2017-10-29
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-29 02:22
You might give him a reply or better a PM with your account so he get a notice.

Thanks Buddy..I did..
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GARN Posted at 2017-10-27 23:03
I am also having issues with my new Drone. I had a replacement under the Refresh program and the new drone was updated when I took it out of the box. I have the gimbal noise as well and the controller signal is all over the place.Losing connection at very short ranges now sometimes. Also, the camera is not as “crisp” as my first P4P. That’s the best way I can explain it. I used to could zoom in on ANY pic from my P4P and it still looked great as a 22 MP photo should. Now, if I zoom in, it looks like everything’ has fuzz around the edges. It’s hard to show but it’s there.

Anyway, could you please push the software to me as well. You have my email I’m sure..

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I got your PM, please check. For the connection issue, you can try to relink them again.  Sometimes it also relates to the flight environment, please try to fly the drone in an open wide area, pay attention to the Image Transmission Settings (the HD icon on the top right of the camera view), choose a stable channel to avoid the interference. For the camera issue, please try to reset the camera settings, and you can also have a check of your original video or picture on your SD card.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can l with it asap.

2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Project Film Cr Posted at 2017-10-28 00:16
Hello everyone, I have the same problem in my phantom 4, I am in the middle of a recording and I do not know what to do, please send me the firmware,

Hi, this beta at this place is only for solving the gimbal issue of Phantom 4 Pro and Adv. If you are using Phantom 4, please tell us the main problem you got. We will do our best to help.
2017-10-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

GARN Posted at 2017-10-29 21:46
Thanks Buddy..I did..

It helped i can see
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

GARN Posted at 2017-10-29 00:29

Hi, the beta should be available now. Please update via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-10-31
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased and return 3 phantom 4 pros with noisy gimbals when they first came out. The gimbal noise sounded like an electric razor..
2017-10-31
Use props
djiuser_KRmg6I0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 715860 ft
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-31 02:20

Just reviewed my first video (a month ago and just a couple of hours of flying) - crispy and stable.
The last video (today) - shaky. I also checked the video recorded when the p4p was on the ground and motors off. The video is shaky. The gimbal making the noise almost permanently.
2017-11-6
Use props
djiuser_KRmg6I0
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_KRmg6I0 Posted at 2017-11-6 18:40
Just reviewed my first video (a month ago and just a couple of hours of flying) - crispy and stable.
The last video (today) - shaky. I also checked the video recorded when the p4p was on the ground and motors off. The video is shaky. The gimbal making the noise almost permanently.

1. The Assistant says that the firmware is okay. Current. Latest.
2. I just performed the imu calibration. Plain and ideally leveled sirface. The calibration is okay.
3. I just performed the calibration of "vision". No errors. All the three sides. Okay.
4. I just calibrated the compass (outside the house - no metal nearby). Okay.
5. I just calibrated the gimbal. The first run stuck on 50%. I switched off the p4p. Switched on again. Started the gimbal calibration again. Successfully completed.

The test fly is okay in terms of flying. The aircraft is stable, no drifting, no chaging the elevation. Made some videos (in tripod mode). Shaky. Grounded the aircraft. Shut the motors. The video on the ground is still shaky.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_KRmg6I0 Posted at 2017-11-6 18:50
1. The Assistant says that the firmware is okay. Current. Latest.
2. I just performed the imu calibration. Plain and ideally leveled sirface. The calibration is okay.
3. I just performed the calibration of "vision". No errors. All the three sides. Okay.

I also received your message in PM, thanks! The beta only fix the gimbal noise, instead of wobble issue. The beta is available in your account for now, please check later. As for the wobble, please upload a short video of this, we'd like to check the exact status.
2017-11-6
Use props
djiuser_KRmg6I0
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-31 02:20

Wow-wow-wow! Hold on, please!
Can somebody tell me, how exactly it looks like - when the beta is available for the particular user?
Does it says "Beta" somewhere in the Assistant app?

This evening I had a very interesting chain of events:
1. I sent a PM to Mr. Dji Thor asking for the Beta version because of my gimbal noise/camera shake.
2. Still been not having a response, I started the Assistant app and it says something like "some modules are not updated. Update now?" (I bought my p4p a month ago and just out of box performed all the updates.)
3. I clicked okay and definitely updated something in my aircraft. The gimbal noise continued after update. That made me sad and upset.
4. Then I don't remember if I restart my aircraft or not. But I know for sure, that I switched it off.
5. I waited about an hour (waiting for Mr. Thor response and reading the forum).
6. I switched on my aircraft and the gimbal noise didn't come.
7. I performed some test: gimbal calibration - okay; no gimbal noise for 4 or 5 times I switched my aircraft on. The video (the aircraft on the ground, motors are off) is okay. Before "update" the video on the ground and motors off was shaky even on the iphone monitor.
8. Unfortunatly, here in Canada we cannot fly at nights (the restrictions!), so I couldn't fully test my aircraft yet.

So, my question is: was that "a partial update" to the beta version? Or this is just temporary and sporadically behaviour of my gimbal?
2017-11-6
Use props
djiuser_KRmg6I0
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-6 22:34
I also received your message in PM, thanks! The beta only fix the gimbal noise, instead of wobble issue. The beta is available in your account for now, please check later. As for the wobble, please upload a short video of this, we'd like to check the exact status.

Thank you, Susan.
Okay. Let me first tell the facts:
1. Yes. I have just checked running my Assistant and I can see that the new version is available now - beta ...08.
2. My aircraft has the "current" "official" version.
3. I also see the "previous" beta version (from June?) with the option to downgrade.
4. A few hours ago there was only 1 option - to refresh the current "official" version.
2017-11-6
Use props
djiuser_KRmg6I0
lvl.2
Canada

Okay, let me continue:
Now goes the question: what was that a few hours ago when the beta version hasn't been available yet?
I mean: "The Assistant told me that "SOME MODULES are not updated. Update now?" - I clicked okay and definitely updated something in my aircraft."
As far as you remember, I updated my aircraft about a month ago when unboxed it.
If Dji hasn't released any updates since June 2017(?), then it means that one month ago the aircraft hasn't been updated properly. How? I have no idea.
As far as I remember, the update process wasn't smooth. I don't remember, what asked for an update first: RC or aircraft. What I do remember is that RC stuck in the loop of asking for update saying: I have the version XXX, but I need a new version which is also XXX!!! I googled that issue, found this common and somehow passed it. But that was definitely about the RC.
Today I had "some modules need to be updated" in my aircraft.
So, it looks like your software deployment team needs to be informed about this case. May be there is some bugs in the update process. Otherwise, I have no idea how explain this.
Speaking about my particular case:
1. First, I am going to test my aircraft as it is now (without the beta version). It makes sense, since I have just "completed" or "finished" the aircraft update.
2. Then I will update my aircraft to the beta version (of firmware) and we will see.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_KRmg6I0 Posted at 2017-11-6 22:48
Wow-wow-wow! Hold on, please!
Can somebody tell me, how exactly it looks like - when the beta is available for the particular user?
Does it says "Beta" somewhere in the Assistant app?

Hi there, please take a look at the gimbal, will it shake when it is on the ground? If yes, I will recommend updating to the beat version and see if it helps. Let us know if the issue persists, any video is highly appreciated. BTW, sometimes PM doesn't work good, so it would be great if you can reply me directly on the thread. Thank you for understanding.
2017-11-7
Use props
djiuser_KRmg6I0
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-7 01:27
Hi there, please take a look at the gimbal, will it shake when it is on the ground? If yes, I will recommend updating to the beat version and see if it helps. Let us know if the issue persists, any video is highly appreciated. BTW, sometimes PM doesn't work good, so it would be great if you can reply me directly on the thread. Thank you for understanding.

I am very impressed by your (DJI) 24/7 support. Thank you, Mr. DJI Thor. Never seen this before.
I would be very happy to help to resolve this issue by providing as much info as I can.
Lets talk about the aircraft on the ground with motors off, so we can eliminate a bunch of factors that affect the camera shaking (the wind, the aircraft instability due to uncalibrated imu, vision, and compass, the rotors/blades misbalance).So, the aircraft is on the ground and motors are off.
My understanding is that in this mode the aircraft has only the cooling ventilator running, so that we have the aricraft vibration and noise caused by the ventilator(s?) motor, he ventilator(s?) blades and airflow inside the aircraft. Is this correct?
When I touch the aircraft, I can feel a very small vibration. The same feeling I remember from the day one, when video was crystal crispy and stable (I have just reviewed those videos). So, no changes so far, no need for changes.

Now I starting answer your questions about the gimbal shake on the ground.

Currently, I feel some vibration of the gimbal. Very small. And my suspisios is that this is a "antivibration" to compensate the aircraft ventilator vibration. As the result, the gimbal should be actually stable.
Do I remember the same or more vibration when the gimbal making the noise? No, I cannot tell definetly. I didn't check.

Sorry, I have to make a breake. Lets continue a little bit later.
2017-11-7
Use props
djiuser_KRmg6I0
lvl.2
Canada

Dear Mr. DJI Thor,
I completeley forgot to mention that my P4P is a just P4P, not a "Plus" version.
Does it matter in terms of the Beta firmware provided at my account?
Am I okay to use it?
2017-11-7
Use props
SK
lvl.2
Canada

Hi Susan.
"The beta only fix the gimbal noise, instead of wobble issue."
Hmm.
Your department obviously knows more and better about the noise and wobble problem.
As I mentioned in another post I know that the jello (or wobble) can be caused by several things (strong wind, blades imbalance, the aircraft shake due to uncalibrated imu, vision and compass).
Can the gimbal multifunction cause the jello (wobble)?
I would rather say YES.
Can the gimbal multifunction in a form of the noise cause the jello (wobble)?
I would rather say yes too.
It certainly does not mean that, if the noise stops, the video must be okay. No. The video can be NOT okay due to other reasons.
However, I hardly can believe that video can be okay while the VR (vibration reduction) system produces such kind of noise.

As the result, we should be agree that the Beta (by stopping the noise) CAN fix the video if there is no OTHER reason for bad video. At least a few people reported the video okay after updating to the Beta.

2017-11-7
Use props
SK
lvl.2
Canada

A very short and quick report.1. The RC keep saying "Please update your aircraft firmware". I believe that it is about the Beta, which I didn't install yet. Okay.
2. Still no gimbal noise. Almost. The noise appeared shortly when I was moving the aricraft and the gimbal did it's best to keep it's position so that the gimbal went to the limits. No movement - no noise. Okay.
3. The video on the ground is stable.
4. The video on the ground is stable event with the motors running. That is GOOD!
5. The video on the air... I cannot tell. Because the aircraft was unstable and didn't keep position. Why? I don't know.

Yesterday the aircraft was pretty stable even in the very tight environment (my small backyard with a lot of trees and bushes). AT DAYLIGHT.
Today the aircraft was unstable (up and down, left and right). The RC said: The ambient light is too low. Because it was dark. AT NIGHT.

That was my first time I lifted the aircraft at dark. So, I have no idea, how it should behave in terms of stability.
2017-11-7
Use props
SK
lvl.2
Canada

The gimbal multifunction (noise and camera shake):

The gimbal is okay:

2017-11-8
Use props
SK
lvl.2
Canada

Okay. I installed the Beta firmware.
The very first and quick test showed that everything is okay so far.
No gimbal noise. The video is not shaking.
I am going to continue the testing tomorrow.

The installation was okay. No problem.
I performed all 4 calibrations:
1. IMU
2. Vision
3. Compass
4. Gimball

Thank you, DJI Thor and DJI Susan!
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SK Posted at 2017-11-9 19:55
Okay. I installed the Beta firmware.
The very first and quick test showed that everything is okay so far.
No gimbal noise. The video is not shaking.

Glad to hear the good news. Thank you for your feedback. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-11-10
Use props
fansb4b8f76c
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi DJI THOR, I,m having the same problem with the gimbal after firmware update.Could you please send me the beta to nicky_doherty@hotmail.com please.Thank you.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansb4b8f76c Posted at 2017-11-10 06:45
Hi DJI THOR, I,m having the same problem with the gimbal after firmware update.Could you please send me the beta to  please.Thank you.

Hi, the beta should be available to your account, please check and update it.
2017-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules