Missing Landing Gear Caps.....disgusting DJI Support.
1158 13 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf3f3eb2c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27615 ft
United Kingdom

Just a bit of background to this before I start......!
I am an accomplished and CAA qualified pilot with several years experience and have been fortunate to have no adverse incidents or accidents during this time.
I purchased my Phantom 4 Pro in January 2017 along with the DJI refresh cover for peace of mind.
With numerous uneventful flights under my belt with this aircraft I was concerned to notice in May 2017 that one of the caps that cover the antenna on the landing gear was missing.
Thinking that this is just a minor fault and would cost a few pence to replace I set about contacting DJI support in hope that they would replace the missing part.
To date, after numerous emails to the support team I am still waiting for this to be resolved.
They have acknowledged receipt of my complaint and say that it has been referred to the technical team. I have never heard anything more from the technical team and now DJI just refuse to answer my emails.
I know from the various forums that other users have had the same fault with their aircraft and appear to have had it resolved so I'm just asking what their secret is and how they got DJI to rectify this?!
I have been fortunate that prior to this I have never had to use DJI support but this whole experience with them has left me totally disappointed with their lack of support.
If anyone out there can offer me any advice on how they got on with the support team and got their problem rectified then it would be massively appreciated?
2017-9-6
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

we also have a bad experience with support, for software problems, then no worries they are top, but when it's hardware, must forget ...
2017-9-6
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Step#1   Create a You Tube channel.     Step#2   Collect thousands of subscribers.    Step#3  Sit back and enjoy prompt and efficient support.   
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for bringing this our attention, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our customer service, the case has been escalated to local repair team to look into what happened. We will have someone to contact you after investigation, please wait patiently for the reply, thank you.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pauxier Posted at 2017-9-6 09:59
Step#1   Create a You Tube channel.     Step#2   Collect thousands of subscribers.    Step#3  Sit back and enjoy prompt and efficient support.

That is not necessary, we will try our best to help OP to get it addressed.
2017-9-6
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Just wrap some duct tape around it, or self adhesive teflon tape...
2017-9-7
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-9-7 06:50
Just wrap some duct tape around it, or self adhesive teflon tape...

Fine for using it, but becomes a product that nobody will touch if you are trying to sell it on.  ;)
2017-9-7
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-6 18:56
That is not necessary, we will try our best to help OP to get it addressed.

Sorry Mindy, I wasn't trying to offend.
2017-9-7
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-9-7 16:50
Hey Mindy! Can I bring to your attention the atrocious firmware for the P4Pro that hasn't been fixed in 3 months? The horrible transmission problems that DJI introduced into the latest insecure buggy firmware that spies on users? You know- the same one where DJI sneakily removed the Smart RTH toggle without telling users beforehand? Yes, the one that essentially crippled many of our P4Pros?

I understand your concern. The request has been forwarded to our engineers for further review, hopefully it will be fixed soon.
2017-9-7
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Pauxier Posted at 2017-9-7 10:45
Sorry Mindy, I wasn't trying to offend.

No problem, I know you are joking.
2017-9-11
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-9-7 16:50
Hey Mindy! Can I bring to your attention the atrocious firmware for the P4Pro that hasn't been fixed in 3 months? The horrible transmission problems that DJI introduced into the latest insecure buggy firmware that spies on users? You know- the same one where DJI sneakily removed the Smart RTH toggle without telling users beforehand? Yes, the one that essentially crippled many of our P4Pros?

May i guess, you are thinking of the v01.04.0602 FW wth a release note ending with the message: If you are not satisfied with this update, you can revert to older firmware using DJI Assistant 2. ?  
2017-9-11
Use props
fansd2384f6d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 829685 ft
United States

I was seriously thinking of getting a P4P, but after reading all this ihave 2nd thoughts. I have some small issues with my Mavic Pro, but nothing I couldn't work out.
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules