Getting Ready for Hurricane Irma
797 21 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Well we are all getting ready for hurricane Irma here in east central Florida, I take solace in knowing that the repeal of DACA will prevent it from entering our borders
2017-9-6
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

I hope you, your family and neighbours stay safe.
2017-9-6
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

GMG Posted at 2017-9-6 13:50
I hope you, your family and neighbours stay safe.

Thanks, as ready as we can be !
2017-9-6
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

Stay safe, and be careful out there!
2017-9-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Stay safe and prayers to you and your love ones.
2017-9-6
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

My family are praying for you and all of the people in line of the hurricane.  God be with you and yours.
2017-9-6
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

My sister and her husband live in Fernandina Beach, they're planning to leave in the morning and head to my house. My brother-in-law just got a Typhoon H, looking forward to seeing how it flies compared to my Mavic and Spark.
Quadkid, please evacuate if your area is in Irma's path. Stay safe!
2017-9-6
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

I am in Lakewood Ranch...an hour south of Tampa. My DJI profile indicates I am in Canada. Not sure what that happens. Several websites think I am in Canada too.
2017-9-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hope you are doing well!
2017-9-6
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-6 23:59
Hope you are doing well!

Thank you all, we are on the east coast near Daytona Beach, doesn't look very good at the moment, thank you for your prayers as we pray for all in the path of this one !!!
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We also had a strong typhoon days ago. Hope you and people around are all well, and take good care of yourself.
2017-9-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 00:53
We also had a strong typhoon days ago. Hope you and people around are all well, and take good care of yourself.

Thank you
2017-9-7
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

Hello All... checking in from Miramar ( VERY SOUTH FLORIDA) I appreciate all the well wishes and want to thank DJI for the MP, taking pictures and video of my shuttered up house just incase. But then I thought to kill time should I chance possibly recording the oncoming storm?  Well any ideas or comments are welcomed since we all down here will be locked up inside our homes, again thanks for the well wishes and Godspeed.
2017-9-7
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Dremundo Posted at 2017-9-7 11:56
Hello All... checking in from Miramar ( VERY SOUTH FLORIDA) I appreciate all the well wishes and want to thank DJI for the MP, taking pictures and video of my shuttered up house just incase. But then I thought to kill time should I chance possibly recording the oncoming storm?  Well any ideas or comments are welcomed since we all down here will be locked up inside our homes, again thanks for the well wishes and Godspeed.

Hello fellow Floridian, up here in Daytona, wish you the best of luck getting through this, I'm gonna try to take some video with my Nikon ( wouldn't chance putting up the MP one good gust and it will pull a Dorothy on ya and end up at the end of a rainbow somewhere , also boarded up as we are just a mile inland, are you in the surge zone in Miramar? If so please don't take any chances. Best of luck to you and all !
2017-9-7
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

For all our DJI Family - Prayers are with you; please make smart, lifesaving decisions.  Ensure your safety and I hope all of you are safe and are spared in these 3 storms.
2017-9-7
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

Please be safe out there... don't take chances! A cat. 4 is not one to be played with. Prayers up...
2017-9-7
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dremundo Posted at 2017-9-7 11:56

I don't think trying to record the incoming storm would be a wise move. Please grab your stuff and get out of there. Be safe, prayers to all in Irma's path.
2017-9-7
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-7 13:07
Hello fellow Floridian, up here in Daytona, wish you the best of luck getting through this, I'm gonna try to take some video with my Nikon ( wouldn't chance putting up the MP one good gust and it will pull a Dorothy on ya and end up at the end of a rainbow somewhere , also boarded up as we are just a mile inland, are you in the surge zone in Miramar? If so please don't take any chances. Best of luck to you and all !

im more out west Miramar, but this is a special storm... def appreciate the well wishes! Hope you are safe too by my understanding the storm will be there by sunday for you guys, stay safe!
2017-9-8
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2017-9-7 16:07
I don't think trying to record the incoming storm would be a wise move. Please grab your stuff and get out of there. Be safe, prayers to all in Irma's path.

Thanks fellow pilot, im actually working right now and its not an option to leave, so were bunkered down for the storm..... def wont chance anything "stupid" with the MP but just thought it would be cool to see an oncoming storm, but your right DEF not worth it! Well wishes and thanks again.
2017-9-8
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Dremundo Posted at 2017-9-8 04:06
Thanks fellow pilot, im actually working right now and its not an option to leave, so were bunkered down for the storm..... def wont chance anything "stupid" with the MP but just thought it would be cool to see an oncoming storm, but your right DEF not worth it! Well wishes and thanks again.

Will you fly your drone in the storm?
2017-9-8
Use props
Disenchanted on
lvl.1

United States

col4bin Posted at 2017-9-6 19:23
I am in Lakewood Ranch...an hour south of Tampa. My DJI profile indicates I am in Canada. Not sure what that happens. Several websites think I am in Canada too.

Hang on friend, looks like it's coming right over top of us. I'm over here by the airport. Good luck.
2017-9-9
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
United States

Dread-Pirate-Ro Posted at 2017-9-8 05:26
Will you fly your drone in the storm?

sorry to burst your bubble but flying the MP in winds over 80 mph wasn't an option, this damn storm scared us enough... im trying to get the MP up to shoot the "aftermath" but its been so damn bad we still have no power in our area
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules