Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Not afraid of the water, a day at a Dutch beach
758 5 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chrasher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145472 ft
Netherlands

After a lot of practise, tried a fluid video flight just above the seawater at the beach. Took off from a dune so my altitude was negative, constantly checking the "Clearance" on my controller and adjusting altitude slightly on the go  (was between 5 and 8 meters most of the flight). Worked out pretty decent.

Shot with a Polar Pro ND16POL filter at 1080p 60fps, firmware 1.03.1000. (I think personally the 60fps 1080p video is improved after firmware .900)
Only added the music afterwards, no further editing.

2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You must have great flying techniques, and a strong brave heart. Thanks for sharing, but as a moderator, I would kindly prompt you to fly with caution especially above the water.
2017-9-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video
Maybe the panning might be done in 1 smooth motion (in the beginning 0:10 - 0:30)  but all in all very nice!
Heerlijk, die NL luchten.
2017-9-8
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Liked the reversed panned shot overlooking the waves into the lift. It takes a lot of practice to become smooth...I continue to practice myself.  16 feet above the surface of the water is def brave and risky as I think the manual states 30 feet. I think I've gone done to 50 feet but nervous as heck.
2017-9-8
Use props
Chrasher
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145472 ft
Netherlands

Thanks for reply's folks.
And yes Dji Thor, I was somewhat concerned especially while flying backwards because the Macic was slowly descending. At that time I was flying literally on instruments, keeping an eye on the "clearance" indicator on the remote. But after much practise above water, I'm pretty confident with the Mavic.
2017-9-8
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Nice video...
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules