6340 10 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

Hi!...

Anyone know what is the minimum wind speed to get the warning message in the app?

I bought this today...

anemometro

anemometro
2017-9-6
Use props
Connor-UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202549 ft
United Kingdom

i'm guessing around 16mph? if you use UAV app (iPhone) it also shows ground wind speed plus higher you go how fast the wind is, which is pretty cool.
2017-9-6
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Portugal

Connor-UK Posted at 2017-9-6 13:07
i'm guessing around 16mph? if you use UAV app (iPhone) it also shows ground wind speed plus higher you go how fast the wind is, which is pretty cool.

So 25,7km/h!... app warning

What would be a no fly wind speed 45km/h (28mph)?
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please note that if the wind speed is over 6m/s, it will have a warning stating that the wind speed is too high and users should be careful during flight.
Over 9.6m/s, high wind warning will appear then.
Here is another tip: the wind speed mentioned above is not the wind speed on the ground, but the one in the air.

2017-9-6
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Portugal

21,2 Km/h on the ground...
2017-9-7
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-6 19:17
Please note that if the wind speed is over 6m/s, it will have a warning stating that the wind speed is too high and users be careful during flight.
Here is another tip: the wind speed mentioned above is not the wind speed on the ground, but the one in the air.

test at 21,2 km/h

2017-9-7
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

If you fly at 30 mph into a 30 mph headwind , you will hover stationary over a spot on the ground.
2017-9-7
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Portugal

fans9ea9c44f Posted at 2017-9-7 11:55
If you fly at 30 mph into a 30 mph headwind , you will hover stationary over a spot on the ground.

I'm going to find out what is max wind speed that spark can handle without compromise  video quality...

So at 22 km/h = 13,67 mph = 6,11 m/s spark video is ok!...
This was wind speed on the ground!...
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

lafoto Posted at 2017-9-7 13:16
I'm going to find out what is max wind speed that spark can handle without compromise  video quality...

So at 22 km/h = 13,67 mph = 6,11 m/s spark video is ok!...

Thanks for sharing. But it is dangerous to test your spark under large wind. And I would recommend you choose a no wind environment to fly your spark for its safety.
2017-9-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Please note that if the wind speed is over 6m/s, it will have a warning stating that the wind speed is too high and users be careful during flight.
Here is another tip: the wind speed mentioned above is not the wind speed on the ground, but the one in the air.

Do those wind speeds apply to Mavic Pro?  
Is there a possibility wind speeds warning and high wind warning have been lowered by GO4 App or Mavic Pro firmware update?

Before flying today, I checked wind speeds; was 7MPH.
Wind speed is measured where I was flying, roughly 18-feet off ground.

First I got a wind speed warning flying into wind.
Then got a high wind speed warning while still flying into wind.
Turned around, coming back with wind, landed and quit.

I went back inside and checked wind speed, it was still 7MPH.

2018-2-11
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Here is another tip: the wind speed mentioned above is not the wind speed on the ground, but the one in the air.

I agree wind speeds are very different between ground and 350 feet in the air.  But to get the warning EVERY 30 SECONDS... yes, I know... it's windy.... yes, I know... it's still windy.... Oh, it's still windy up there... okay.... yes... I know it's windy.....  (are you getting the point!)   I know it, I get it, I understand it... STOP WITH THE REDUNDANT MESSAGES PLEASE!   
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules