1045 7 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
China

After Sept 1, all Spark need to update firmware to .600 but thats not only apply on Spark it also happens to Mavic Pro.
I was travelling yesterday in China.  When I tried to start Mavic, it pop up can't fly and motor lock message.  Then it force you to download the latest .1000 firmware or you are grounded!  I am currently on .700 which I found the most stable one, but then have no choice process with the upgrade.  After that the restriction is removed.  But feel bad as from now we don't even have any choice for the upgrade.
2017-9-6
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is some good and bad to these force updates.  The good I guess goes to DJI to cover the liability and the good for us is when something goes wrong it goes back to DJI being their fault.  The bad for us is that we can no longer pick and choose which FW we want.
2017-9-6
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Which DJI Go 4 version have you used at that time? did you have 4G on?
2017-9-6
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
China

hungdang Posted at 2017-9-6 18:52
Which DJI Go 4 version have you used at that time? did you have 4G on?

I use DJI GO 4 4.1.9 IOS version with LTE data on.  Even without data it can check your device date and force you to update.  Unless you turn back the clock every single time when fly.  Thats too troublesome.

Also the force update warning message is only stated for Spark, I don’t understand why it suddenly apply to Mavic as well.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This is normal. If the drone detects it is in mainland China, the drone has to update the firmware before 1st July and register a Chinese phone number or the drone will be limited. None mainland China area will not have the rules.
2017-9-6
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-6 23:40
This is normal. If the drone detects it is in mainland China, the drone has to update the firmware before 1st July and register a Chinese phone number or the drone will be limited. None mainland China area will not have the rules.

Well understand.  But when I update Mavic firmware it stop at 99% for an hour until battery run out!  After restart DJI Go didn’t ask me for any more firmware update.  Is this normal?
2017-9-10
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Then the update has finished... you can check FW version in app...
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-9-10 18:28
Well understand.  But when I update Mavic firmware it stop at 99% for an hour until battery run out!  After restart DJI Go didn’t ask me for any more firmware update.  Is this normal?

Please check your firmware info: power on the drone, RC, app and enter device---upper right icon---general----about. If all the versions are up to date, then no worries.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules