Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom II Vision + | Flat Ribbon Cable | Where to Source?
623 5 2017-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uncleGarage
lvl.1
United States

Hi All.

I hadnever flown a drone until yesterday. I borrowed my borther's Phantom II Vision +. Piloted it and piloted it some more. Picked up pretty quickly. Then I got cocky and now I need a new ribbon cable for the camera assembly.

Can someone please point me to a reliable source? I've seen some on Amz, eBay but the prices flutucate wildly and I don't want to get stuck with a replacement that does not work.

Thanks.
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

That would not be easy as the Phantom 2 Vision Plus has been out of business for sometime. I would encourage you to do an internet search to see what you come up. Perhaps a place like BNHPhoto in New York City may know. You can also check here: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2017-9-6
Use props
uncleGarage
lvl.1
United States

Thanks DJI-Mark. I found a few promising items on eBay. Tell me, there is no reason why I cannot fly the drone without the camera is there? I was wondering perhaps that the drone would be "unbalanced" or somehow affected in flight without the camera.

Thanks again...
2017-9-7
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The P2V+ will fly fine without the camera.  I'm not sure you'll have telemetry though.  If not, just be sure you understand how the AC is communicating to you via the lamps.  In other words, make sure you know when you have an adequate number of satellites, make sure you know when and where the home point is marked, make sure you know you're in ready to fly status, etc.  
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Agree with 4#. The aircraft performance will not be affected if there is no camera.
2017-9-7
Use props
uncleGarage
lvl.1
United States

I found what seems to be a reliable source for OEM parts should anyone find themselves in this same predicament. I'm attaching a screen-grab as opposed to a URL for longevity.

DJI Ribbon_eBay.jpg
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules