New Mavic warranty
3548 10 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rocket rider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66503 ft
United Kingdom

Just had my mavic about a week but it is unclear what happens if my drone develops a fault i bought my drone from Drones for less which was sent from USA but when it arrived there was no paperwork with it no details of how long the warrenty is nothing about regestering with DJI so i am a bit concerned
Can anyone shed some light on this subject

2017-9-7
Use props
Rocket rider
lvl.1
United Kingdom

New Mavic warranty

Just had my mavic about a week but it is unclear what happens if my drone develops a fault i bought my drone from Drones for less which was sent from USA but when it arrived there was no paperwork with it no details of how long the warrentie is nothing about regestering with DJI so i am a bit concerned
Can anyone shed some light on this subject

2017-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Once you activated your Mavic you will be registered with dji, your warranty will begin you can check out warranty details on dji website. The fact that you live in Europe and purchased in US will be a disadvantage to you because European repair centres will not service your Mavic if it has any problems, it will have to be shipped back to US service centres, its a bit of a bummer but I'm afraid this maybe the problem for you.
Hopefully everything will be ok and you won't ever need it.
2017-9-7
Use props
Rocket rider
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes i hope i will never need the service dpt the fact of it coming from the states is down to the supplier Drones for less, uk branch when i ordered my Mavic i had no idea it was coming from the states it was only due to them stating a 5 to 7 day delivery that made me suspicious looking into there reviews all their products come from the US they dont have a warehouse in the uk but due to the fact i saved over £350 it seemed like a good deal compared to other UK outlets
Thanks  for your reply  
2017-9-7
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-7 01:40
Once you activated your Mavic you will be registered with dji, your warranty will begin you can check out warranty details on dji website. The fact that you live in Europe and purchased in US will be a disadvantage to you because European repair centres will not service your Mavic if it has any problems, it will have to be shipped back to US service centres, its a bit of a bummer but I'm afraid this maybe the problem for you.
Hopefully everything will be ok and you won't ever need it.

Also know that when you purchase in the US, you only get the warranty the manufacturer offers you (usually 1 year worldwide warranty), plus any laws that apply to consumer bought goods in the US (which I know not a lot off, I guess it's no legal protection). If you buy in the EU (UK is still part of it for now), you get the warranty from the manufacturer, but there's also a consumer law, which suggest you should be entitled to at least 2 years of warranty. This varies a little per country. In the Netherlands law says your entitled to get stuff serviced during the time a device can be expected to work properly. Which is based slightly on opinion, and a consumer, a shop owner, and  consumer helping institutions will all have a different opinion on that. In order to apply for this consumer law, you can only go to the point of sale for you have a "contract" (receipt) with them when you bought it.

That's why I prefer to not buy oversees, even though it might be a bit cheaper (if taxes aren't applied at customs).
In this case it shouldn't matter where the drone came from, as it was bought from a shop in the EU (UK), making them responsible for any fixes (even though they might send it off to DJI, the shop should pay for it if it is under warranty or consumer law).
2017-9-7
Use props
Rocket rider
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes your analysis make a lot of sense and i am sure you are correct, reading a lot of threads about the misfortunes of other pilots doesn't give much inspiration may be i shouldn't read them but keep flying
the reason i had to buy as cheap as possible is to justify to the wife i need one after her comments ''you already have one why do you need two '' i am sure we all know that scenario  
2017-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Rocket rider Posted at 2017-9-7 03:55
Yes your analysis make a lot of sense and i am sure you are correct, reading a lot of threads about the misfortunes of other pilots doesn't give much inspiration may be i shouldn't read them but keep flying
the reason i had to buy as cheap as possible is to justify to the wife i need one after her comments ''you already have one why do you need two '' i am sure we all know that scenario

I'm sure there are many more out there flying around that never had problems, this can sometimes be problem city around here.

My only problem with the wife is if I die and my wife sells my toys for the price I told her I paid for them. Lol.
2017-9-7
Use props
Nightreaver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103369 ft
South Korea

i can not really figure out what you want to know. where are you from? where did you buy the drone?
2017-9-7
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

He is from The Netherlands and bought his drone at Drones for Less.

When you buy consumer electronics in The Netherlands you have 2 years of warranty. If there is something wrong, you contact you reseller and let him handle it with the manufacturer.

I think topicstarter has to contact Drones for Less to get an answer about warranty.
2017-9-7
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI WARRANTY PERIOD OF MAIN PARTS
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the aftersales policy of our product, you can learn more here: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules