1455 17 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ettore
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212940 ft
Italy

Hi,

I lost My Mavic during a simple and quiet shore following, I received 1 warning about poor reception and then lost connection forever (never returned home).
Can you please help me understand what happened ?

Thanks in advance

Ettore
2017-9-7
Use props
Ettore
lvl.1
Italy

My case is CAS-971576-X5M0T1
2017-9-7
Use props
Anthony Sparky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50305 ft
Australia

Hi Ettore did you get the drone back
How high where you flying
This is all new to me
2017-9-7
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Please upload the flight log (TXT file) from your mobile device to PhantomHelp using these instructions and then post a link to the log in this thread and we may be able to provide some insight into what happened.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I feel sorry to hear about the loss, since you had contacted our support team and start the data analysis, we will help to investigate according to the flight record. Please help to confirm whether you had synced the flight records successfully?  
2017-9-7
Use props
Ettore
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 21:04
I feel sorry to hear about the loss, since you had contacted our support team and start the data analysis, we will help to investigate according to the flight record. Please help to confirm whether you had synced the flight records successfully?

Yes all synced also previous flight on this mobile
2017-9-8
Use props
Ettore
lvl.1
Italy

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-9-7 05:37
Please upload the flight log (TXT file) from your mobile device to PhantomHelp using these instructions and then post a link to the log in this thread and we may be able to provide some insight into what happened.

Here it is Log
2017-9-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Unfortunately it appears that you flew behind a cliff that was well above your RTH altitude of 20m, which to be honest was much too low to be flying in that area. The image below shows the approximate last known location of your Mavic (where the green line ends) and you can see that the home point was behind the large cliff. The signal loss would have occurred as soon as it flew behind the cliff, and at some point it probably initiated RTH. Assuming that obstacle avoidance was enabled it would normally try to ascend to avoid the cliff, but since it was probably already well above its RTH altitude it most likely stayed there near the cliff until it reached the critically low battery level and landed.
Google-Earth.jpg
2017-9-8
Use props
Landjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61496 ft
United States

If the area is accessible from below, maybe it can still be recovered if it managed to find a dry resting spot. Terrain looks rough overall, but hopeful in places.
2017-9-8
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Landjet Posted at 2017-9-8 15:34
If the area is accessible from below, maybe it can still be recovered if it managed to find a dry resting spot. Terrain looks rough overall, but hopeful in places.

There's no harm in looking if it can be done safely, but frankly it doesn't look too promising:
Google-Earth.jpg
2017-9-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hella ambitious attempt at an epic shot at least!
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ettore Posted at 2017-9-8 05:40
Yes all synced also previous flight on this mobile

Thank you, the data analysis is under the process, will get back to you once we got the result. Thanks for your patience.
2017-9-9
Use props
Ettore
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-9 02:14
Thank you, the data analysis is under the process, will get back to you once we got the result. Thanks for your patience.

Any news on this ?
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

It had already got the result. Will have someone to contact you soon. Thanks for your patience.
2017-9-21
Use props
Ettore
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-21 01:42
It had already got the result. Will have someone to contact you soon. Thanks for your patience.

Any news ?
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

I am terribly sorry for this case, Ettore, you still got no one to contact you, right? I will forward this case to the manager and will contact you soon. Sorry again for your case.
2017-9-28
Use props
Ettore
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-28 01:18
I am terribly sorry for this case, Ettore, you still got no one to contact you, right? I will forward this case to the manager and will contact you soon. Sorry again for your case.

Hi Thor,

I replied to support to accept offer to buy discounted spare but I received no reply. Can you help me ?
2017-11-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ettore Posted at 2017-11-17 06:25
Hi Thor,

I replied to support to accept offer to buy discounted spare but I received no reply. Can you help me ?

I am terribly sorry for the late reply, it seems a system error that caused the delay. I had forwarded the designated team and they will help to deal with your case asap. Sorry again for it, and thank you for your patience.
2017-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules