2645 15 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Monika.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 719281 ft
Poland

Hi Guys,
Yesterday I upgrade my RC from Inspire 2 and after that my RC stopped work. Didnt see ipad mini 2, samsung galaxy, lg phone etc... I changged the cable and was the same. When I connected to my second RC everything is okay. How can I reset RC when I dont see my RC in dji go?
Untitled.jpg
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please tell me the color of the indicator of your RC. Can you control your drone with the RC?
2017-9-7
Use props
Monika.G
lvl.3
Poland

Color is green. I can control my Dji.
2017-9-7
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You did change the Cable correct between the RC and Go app device  ?  Make sure you have a good one, jiggle the wire going into the USB port on the RC transmitter with the Go app device connected  , You may have a loose connection here and see if anything changes .  

The green light on the RC indicates the AC and RC are communicating , You have lost signal form the RC to the Go app .

Try a couple cables if you can , make sure of good quality .

***when you were updating the RC what  happened ?  Did it beep ?  What was the process ?  

When  you try to open the go app  ( the main screen )  it says "Disconnected " correct with a Gray backround and white lettering .  That would confirm a bad connection between the RC and the Go app..... first suspect is the cable , second one is the HDMI module on the back of the RC .

donnie

2017-9-7
Use props
Monika.G
lvl.3
Poland

I tried different cables. I connected  to another RC and everything works OK. When I was updating the RC was "beep". I tured off RC and when I turned on the RC stop working with Ipad.  It looks like a USB module but it is rather impossible because RC has less than a month and stopped working right after update.  When I connect the phone it is shown that it is connected and in a moment disconnects and so all the time. I know that this looks like a USB module but I would like to try to restore the factory settings in the RC. If it is possible?
2017-9-7
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Monika.G Posted at 2017-9-7 05:38
I tried different cables. I connected  to another RC and everything works OK. When I was updating the RC was "beep". I tured off RC and when I turned on the RC stop working with Ipad.  It looks like a USB module but it is rather impossible because RC has less than a month and stopped working right after update.  When I connect the phone it is shown that it is connected and in a moment disconnects and so all the time. I know that this looks like a USB module but I would like to try to restore the factory settings in the RC. If it is possible?

Not sure if the Reset to the RC is the same for the Inspire 2 as is for the Inspire 1.( dont want to goof it up further )  I highly doubt it will help as this is a connection issue .

did you try and jiggle the cord  at the base where it plugged into the back of the RC ?  

When the RC was updating via the I pad why did you turn it off before it finished ? ( if you did this, not sure )  there would have been a progress line that would go across  the screen, did you see it ?  Was it at 100% when you turned it off ?

Even if only one month old this can happen .  
Just to confirm do you have the Inspire 1  ( white ) or the Inspire 2 ( gray in color )
What  app are you using for  YOUR Inspire ... You must use the  Go app 4 for the  NEW Inspire 2 and use the Standard GO App for the Inspire 1.( version 1 and versions 2 )   Just want to make sure you are using the correct app for the correct aircraft and system .

good Luck

donnie

2017-9-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

EDIT:
I found that I could not connect the Inspire 2 remote (RC) to the PC using either the small USB or large USB ports. Please disregard my instructions below:

You might have a problem with your USB port on the remote, if you have tried other cables and devices.
Trying to troubleshoot your problem the next thing to do is plug your remote into the computer (PC) using the DJI Assistant 2 software. Does the remote connect to the PC?   video below showing how to connect the Inspire 2 to A2 and this works for the remote to:
If it does you can update the FW using the A2 software.

If not, you have a bad USB port on the remote and you will need to return it to DJI for repair under warranty.
Rich
2017-9-7
Use props
Monika.G
lvl.3
Poland

I didnt turn it off before finished. I switched off after the end of the upgrade and I am using Dji Go app 4.    When i look at ipad connected to rc i see how it loads the battery. It is the perfect pulsation. 2 seconds loading and 2 seconds does not load. And I do not even touch cable, ipad, RC. I think if USB module not work, it will not load at all. Any ideas? It is possible to download latest FW for RC to USB-memory stick and try upgrade from USB?
2017-9-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Monika.G Posted at 2017-9-7 07:48
I didnt turn it off before finished. I switched off after the end of the upgrade and I am using Dji Go app 4.    When i look at ipad connected to rc i see how it loads the battery. It is the perfect pulsation. 2 seconds loading and 2 seconds does not load. And I do not even touch cable, ipad, RC. I think if USB module not work, it will not load at all. Any ideas? It is possible to download latest FW for RC to USB-memory stick and try upgrade from USB?

Sorry for your trouble.

Could you please try to refresh the FW by updating it again using the iPad mini 2. Connect the device to your Inspire 2 and with the aircraft and remote turned on (connected with the green LED) update the FW again.  This can be done using the device or the PC with A2 software.

Maybe this will fix the USB problem on the remote?
Rich

another possibility would be to downgrade the FW (depending on the FW you are currently on) I do not believe you can downgrade from the Latest version but it might worth looking at.
this video shows how to downgrade the FW

2017-9-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

On mine, I have to unplug and re-plug the USB/Lightning cable each time I use GO 4, otherwise it shows "Disconnected" until I unplug and re-plug it in at which point it connects and camera's image shows on screen.

No doubt some bug in GO 4 someplace as the RC and Inspire talk to each other, just the USB to iPad Air 2 is wonky initially.  Could be it goes into the "Charging the iPad" mode instead of "Data" mode and re-plugging it makes it go into data mode.   Dunno.

2017-9-7
Use props
Monika.G
lvl.3
Poland

The case looks like this: I changed my RC`s. Now my second RC is master and everything working good and my first RC now is second. And this is a film, what happening with my bad RC and Ipad ( charge battery but not all the time):
https://streamable.com/ep8g9

(sorry for quality ;)
2017-9-7
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Monika.G Posted at 2017-9-7 09:37
The case looks like this: I changed my RC`s. Now my second RC is master and everything working good and my first RC now is second. And this is a film, what happening with my bad RC and Ipad ( charge battery but not all the time):

I can almost guarantee you that the HDMI module is bad on the back of the RC .  Cost is about 100 USA dollars , but if you only have one month , should be under warranty .

Or try Henrys Idea as well , he is very good on these .
donnie
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-7 08:11
On mine, I have to unplug and re-plug the USB/Lightning cable each time I use GO 4, otherwise it shows "Disconnected" until I unplug and re-plug it in at which point it connects and camera's image shows on screen.

No doubt some bug in GO 4 someplace as the RC and Inspire talk to each other, just the USB to iPad Air 2 is wonky initially.  Could be it goes into the "Charging the iPad" mode instead of "Data" mode and re-plugging it makes it go into data mode.   Dunno.

Did you try to reinstall your DJI GO 4 or change a cable? Please have a try first.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

Monika.G Posted at 2017-9-7 09:37

Monika, you can contact our support and send it back for check, here is the link:http://www.dji.com/support. If there is any question, please contact us for help.
2017-9-7
Use props
Monika.G
lvl.3
Poland

Ok guys, it looks like that:
1. A2 can not see my RC`s (first and second). Was plugged in by Dji USB cable. A2 see only AC.
2. I can`t downgrade by Dji go 4 because dont see my RC.
3. USB cable is good and USB module is good. I connected to my samsung and in the phone options you can see that it is connected to USB. (photo)
4. It looks like the RC does not have any software.

It is possible to do a hard restart or restore factory settings my RC without dji go 4 or A2?
1.jpg
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Monika.G Posted at 2017-9-8 01:23
Ok guys, it looks like that:
1. A2 can not see my RC`s (first and second). Was plugged in by Dji USB cable. A2 see only AC.
2. I can`t downgrade by Dji go 4 because dont see my RC.

Monika, the RC of inspire 2 can not do restore factory setting. It can only be updated or downgraded by app. Please send it back for check and find out the problem. Here is the way of contacting our support: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules