Check your internet connections + Mag Interf
2476 9 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BKo248l
New
France

Hello,

Excuse my poor english. I can not use my expensive Mavic.

When I start the RC, it seems to connect to the Mavic but I have this message : Mag Interfer check APP
Backlight blinking indicates calibration required so I wanted to calibrate it but the second problem is I can not register the mavic because I have always the same message : "check your internet connection. The activation process requires internet access to link your aircraft to your account"

I upgraded the firmware of the RC and the mavic but always the same. I tried just with 4G (cutoff the wifi) but I always cant register the mavic. (sure, the connection is ok)

I tried with an old version of DJI go 4 but I encounter the same problems.

The phone is a SAMSUNG Grand 2 (G7105) and i'm living in the forest (it is a quiet place with electromagnetic level !). Important, I tried  with the rc connected to the Mavic only, so without the phone) and I gave always the message on RC : Mag interf check APP

3 days I tried different solutions and now it gets really painful and I seriously think about bringing my purchase back to the store because if I had known it was so complicated and restrictive I would not have bought it.
{:4_157:}

Thank you for the help you can bring me.

2017-9-7
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I have this message : Mag Interfer check APP

That message usually means that your Mavic is in a geomagnetically distorted location -- most commonly due to be near steel or some other ferrous metal -- and just needs to be moved away from the problem. Many people don't realize that concrete (such as that in roads and sidewalks) often contains steel rebar, and that can cause a problem with the Mavic's compasses.
2017-9-7
Use props
Or4kle
New
France

Hello and thank for your response.

As I said, I'm living in the forest. There is no sidewalks here and the first road is at 2 Kilomètres. I think the only thing that could have been problematic is the home CPL.  I disconected the CPL but its not better
(Yes, all my attempts are made outside the house more than 30 meters from the house)

2017-9-7
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

There are more DJI users with problems activating their drone and getting "check internet connection".

Remove App, remove all app-cache and re-install the app again. Make sure to close all active apps and then start DJI Go 4 App and check if it is possible to activate.

It is also possible that you have a faulty USB-cable, use the cable you got Samsung phone, connect it to the bottom USB-port (remove cable from USB side-port).
2017-9-7
Use props
Or4kle
New
France

Hello Mari, thanks for answering

I already tried to remove the app, and install again. I also tried the solution in this forum (https://forum.dji.com/thread-111406-2-1.html ) to download the old version (3.1.8) but the problem stay the same.

So I tried the wifi mode between the drone and my phone (whitout the RC)  but I receive always the ;  Check internet connection

:-(

2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Or4kle Posted at 2017-9-7 10:51

I already tried to remove the app, and install again. I also tried the solution in this forum (https://forum.dji.com/thread-111406-2-1.html ) to download the old version (3.1.8) but the problem stay the same.

Did you have another mobile device or an iOS device to try with? Or if it stays still, could you please provide me with your drone's serial number and your DJI account? Appreciate it.
2017-9-7
Use props
Or4kle
New
France

Hello Thor,

Unfortunately I do not have access to another device now.

I got a response from the DJI support who thinks my phone is too old ! I'm ok to buy another one (maybe a SAMSUNG S5 but the screen is small), but I do not see the relationship between the phone and the message on the RC " Mag interf .

Because if I use the RC and the MP without the phone connected I have alwyas the same result with Mag interf.

What do you think about ?

2017-9-8
Use props
SG70
lvl.2
France

Or4kle Posted at 2017-9-7 10:51

Even with the 3.1.8 version you were not able to activate it ?
Have you tried installing Assistant 2 from DJI on your computer and upgrading the firmware on the RC and the Mavic +battery ?

I was also having activation issues before the 3.1.8 version trick (I started the thread you mentioned "Activation Hell") and I also had MAG interference near my house despite being also in a forest, I noticed that I have a Medium voltage power line (10 000 V) 30m away, this might have been the prob are you sure there are no power lines nearby ?

Don't give up, when you finally get this thing flying it is quite a thrill...

2017-9-8
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

maybe a SAMSUNG S5 but the screen is small)

Be sure you are standing away from the drone also - sometimes mag interference can come from something on your person.

I used a Samsung S5 for many  months and still use it as my backup - no sim card.
2017-9-8
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Did you just buy you Mavic?  What is it's firmware?  When I first got mine it was on FW .350 and no matter how hard I tried I would get this same error - exactly like you.  Until I upgraded to FW 0.400- then magically it went away.  I suggest downgrading your FW then immediately upgrading it (to I assume 0.1000).   This should overwrite any settings that may be causing the error.
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules