Camera suddenly goes to right in flight
1073 11 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goob62
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10302 ft
United States

Hi, while in flight, the camera and gimbal works great, then suddenly the camera quickly goes to right and slowly straightens back out straight.  It's been happening more and more and when it happens, it stops recording video.  I have calibrated IMU and Compass. I also calibrate the Gimbal each time for flight as i had issue of camera just suddenly looking down and to the right quickly and was told by DJI to calibrate gimbal each time which I never had to do but doing this now, it has worked well.  The camera suddenly going to the right for no reason is new.  It seems with each update, my gimbal has issues.
2017-9-7
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Goob,

This is a well documented problem, both the gimbal swinging to the side and the video stopping... and MUCH more.

This is related to the latest update.
Please add your voice to this poll regarding the firmware/software update problems...
http://forum.dji.com/thread-106963-1-1.html
2017-9-7
Use props
Goob62
lvl.1
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-9-7 07:26
Hi Goob,

This is a well documented problem, both the gimbal swinging to the side and the video stopping... and MUCH more.

I guess it's bittersweet to know I am not alone.  It's frustrating that when I bought my drone, i had no problems whatsoever.  Each update seems to create a new problem.  I only wish there were options to opt out of each update as I have not seen improvements personally, only drawbacks.  Thanks for quick response and I will follow your link.
2017-9-7
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Goob62 Posted at 2017-9-7 07:57
I guess it's bittersweet to know I am not alone.  It's frustrating that when I bought my drone, i had no problems whatsoever.  Each update seems to create a new problem.  I only wish there were options to opt out of each update as I have not seen improvements personally, only drawbacks.  Thanks for quick response and I will follow your link.

Goob, you are totally NOT alone.  Your post is exactly the same story that many of us have shared.  I had to update my brand new P4P and got nailed by problems.
2017-9-7
Use props
Goob62
lvl.1
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-9-7 07:56
Goob, you are totally NOT alone.  Your post is exactly the same story that many of us have shared.  I had to update my brand new P4P and got nailed by problems.

Are there any solutions on solving this issue?
2017-9-7
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Goob62 Posted at 2017-9-7 08:35
Are there any solutions on solving this issue?

Yes, wait a little while for the next firmware update, DJI are working on it!

You can also avoid using the 4K 30fps mode since that appears to be the only mode that has the issue - use 1080 60fps for a while.
2017-9-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at this other Thread
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you PM me your DJI account(the email address you logged in DJI GO)? I'd like to submit the request of Beta firmware to have a try.
2017-9-7
Use props
Goob62
lvl.1
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-9-7 09:47
Yes, wait a little while for the next firmware update, DJI are working on it!

You can also avoid using the 4K 30fps mode since that appears to be the only mode that has the issue - use 1080 60fps for a while.

That's frustrating as like many, I bought it for the 4K video.  Up to last update, it had been working well.  I also notice a 'High Wind Warning' quite often too since last update when winds are not over 15 mph.  Thank you for the information though.
2017-9-8
Use props
Goob62
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-7 19:43
Could you PM me your DJI account(the email address you logged in DJI GO)? I'd like to submit the request of Beta firmware to have a try.

Hi, I did PM my email.  Thank you.
2017-9-8
Use props
Goob62
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-7 13:53
Have a look at this other Thread

Thank you for link to thread.  I just wished we had the option to upgrade or not.  There are enough people out there that cannot wait to upgrade firmware on everything.  We and DJI could learn of issues and give DJI the chance to fix it before the rest of us upgrade.  Thanks again.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Goob62 Posted at 2017-9-8 06:30
Hi, I did PM my email.  Thank you.

Well received, thank you! You will be added in the list soon, please try to update later.
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules