Best signal booster??
5352 6 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaViCToRR
lvl.2
United States

Im wondering if anyone has some suggestions for some good signal boosters for the remote? Im not really having much issues...just occasionally the image transmission is weak. Are there any available on the cheaper side that actually work?
2017-9-7
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The "windsurfer" parabolic booster that work great on the phantom 3 and 4 series and the inspire 1 do NOT work very well with the mavic, when i tried them they accually reduced my range. The only option is dbs style mods but they require you to open up your controller.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry, we don't suggest using any third-party accessories for the safety of flight, and if might affect your drone's warranty according to our aftersales policy. When there is a signal weak, please try to fly in a place with less interference, and adjust the position of the antennas when RC signal weak, please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the picture below. Thanks for your kind understanding. P4P_Controller_EN.gif
2017-9-7
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 20:07
Sorry, we don't suggest using any third-party accessories for the safety of flight, and if might affect your drone's warranty according to our aftersales policy. When there is a signal weak, please try to fly in a place with less interference, and adjust the position of the antennas when RC signal weak, please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the picture below. Thanks for your kind understanding.[view_image]

If the antenna position is important depending on the frequency band being used, how can a Mavic pilot tell which frequency band the RC is using?
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MARSAN Posted at 2017-9-7 23:11
If the antenna position is important depending on the frequency band being used, how can a Mavic pilot tell which frequency band the RC is using?

The .gif above is the reference picture, and please kindly note that Mavic's RC supports 2.4GHz operating frequency, it doesn't equip with 5.8GHz frequency on the RC.  
2017-9-8
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i used to have a couple parabolic dish extenders when i had the spark. i tried them out on my mavic controller and found a reduction in range.   if you are having range issues with your mavic i suggest posting some screenshots showing us the scale of the issue and maybe post a log up for us to view and eye over to see if its actual issue or not.  i found environment and how you position yourself makes biggest impact. my typical range is around 2 miles in city areas, and upwards of 3-4 miles in rural areas. the trick is to position yourself and the drone in such a way that very little to nothing blocking or reflecting signals to and from the drone and RC.  do this from both flying high enough and not positioning yourself in a way that signal cuz easily reach the drone.   you dont need to be able to see the drone just consider visual line of sight would be the best case signal..

other issue to consider is maybe you are getting jammed.   i have noticed increase in jammers..  some jammers are less discriminate than others meaning they take out entire spectrums/bands not just specific frequencies and channels. i have filed 3 FCC complaints thus far about jammer use in 2 areas.. one where i regularly fly, a ham operator openly spoken on 70cm radio bands about huis wifi jammer he uses outside.. other sites i can only theorize using jammers but given distinct line where it craps out at no matter where i am in relation to that property must be something.     both places so strong on 5.8Ghz band that my hotspot was weak inside my car 100 feet away from the property.. it so weak that i couldn't use my ipad in the car off the hotspot wifi sitting the ipad on top of it..2.4Ghz was choppy so he or she is selectively jamming 2.4Ghz...  at both properties..   sadly i heard nothing back from FCC, been a few weeks i snuck over that way on my way back in town last night and found still jamming 5.8Ghz hard and 2.4Ghz was free.. so i dont know if the FCC issued a letter to them on 2,4Ghz only or not..
2017-9-8
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-8 00:12
The .gif above is the reference picture, and please kindly note that Mavic's RC supports 2.4GHz operating frequency, it doesn't equip with 5.8GHz frequency on the RC.

OK, thank you.
Looking at the specs of the Mavic's RC, it apparently only uses the 2.4GHz band:
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#specs
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules