Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tracking mode crash
707 9 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9f5c5cd1
United Kingdom

I tried active tracking for the first time today. Once I was selected, the mavic shot off sideways and down, straight into some bamboo and the patio. Mavic took some searches and the props are pretty knackered. I can't help but feel that it's not a question of if my Mavic spaz out and crash but when it will and how knackered it will be.
2017-9-7
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Search for wide open space without any obstacles to test flight modes. MP has only sensors in the front and bottom, take notice of that...
2017-9-7
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Best to practice test track in wide open field for MP protection which will reduce headaches. Also be careful not to mistakenly switch speed or distance of tracking on the app.
2017-9-7
Use props
Landjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61496 ft
United States

What was your distance setting in relation to the available space? If your orbit distance was set farther out, it may have simply been doing what it was programmed to.
2017-9-7
Use props
fans9f5c5cd1
United Kingdom

Yes in reflection I thought the same Landjet. Stupid mistake by me to make.
2017-9-7
Use props
Landjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61496 ft
United States

fans9f5c5cd1 Posted at 2017-9-7 14:28
Yes in reflection I thought the same Landjet. Stupid mistake by me to make.

Don't kick yourself too much - the learning curve can be painful at times. You still have your Mavic and have lots of fun to look forward to.
2017-9-7
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did you accidentally start the orbit? There is the number 0 under the tracked object. Sliding it left or right will trigger the orbit. Higher number = faster orbit.
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about the crash. Is the drone hurt? Had you reported your case to our support? If you haven't please contact them to start a data analysis. And if the drone has impact damages, I suggest sending it in for repair. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-7
Use props
fans9f5c5cd1
United Kingdom

The drone isn't damaged as far as I can tell. No error messages coming up or damage to the drone (other than scuffed up props). I think QuanthonyTran is correct in that I may have started the orbit and caused the crash.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans9f5c5cd1 Posted at 2017-9-8 03:51
The drone isn't damaged as far as I can tell. No error messages coming up or damage to the drone (other than scuffed up props). I think QuanthonyTran is correct in that I may have started the orbit and caused the crash.

It's lucky that the drone not been damaged. Take care when you test the performance. Please come back to us if you have more questions.
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules