Confused about Spark battery levels
1977 9 2017-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goathearder
lvl.1
United States

Hey Everyone,
With lipo batteries I am used to keeping the unloaded voltage per cell at 3.7 min and flying to around 3.3 or 3.4 v per cell min before landing.  With the Spark, I see a battery % instead of voltage so I am confused how it relates.  Is 30% remaining equivalent to 3.7v per cell and that is why the low battery warning comes on or is 0% 3.7v per cell?

I have seen a number of videos where people are flying the spark well below the 30% battery warning so I am just curious what the right thing to do for the batteries is.

Thanks,
John
2017-9-7
Use props
WickedWingman
lvl.3
United States

I'm also curious. Coming from miniquads.
2017-9-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

30% is about what I fly mine considering I used to run RC cars with lipo no less than 20% I would say is a safe zone.
2017-9-7
Use props
ASEPK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35515 ft
Indonesia

I same too... which after fly battery levels is under 10% (the led 1 is blinking), and then i recharge the led 1 is on and the led 2 is blinking... is this the battery levels is more than 10%?
2017-9-7
Use props
Goathearder
lvl.1
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-7 16:41
30% is about what I fly mine considering I used to run RC cars with lipo no less than 20% I would say is a safe zone.

I'm going to continue doing this until someone from DJI verifies what the actual % means.  I see so many videos of people flying with even 10% left that I feel like I am short changing myself but I don't want to ruin the batteries.
2017-9-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Guys, please remember that we have "intelligent flight batteries". They switch off themselves before getting to a damaging low level. Theoretically you can always fly them until they switch off. But if you love your copter, you better return it back to you before it happens {:4_181:}
2017-9-8
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Intelligent or not i go by the voltages per cell. Dont really trust the software.....so 20 to 25% mark it is for me
2017-9-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I do not think, you will come close to 15 minutes flight time with 25% juice left. Even flying around in P only, for the max flight times it is more needed, to be in the one digit area there
2017-9-8
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I'm confused as well.  

What is the good percentage to stop flying at?
What % should a battery be stored at?
What % + Time will a battery go into Hibernation?
When should I charge my battery?
     - before flight if it's not in use often,
     - after every use? knowing it's not being used for a few days.
2017-9-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Good points, Sparky_17

Thinking on the DJI suggestion, to decharge the batts down to 5% for flights IN airplanes, I do think that DJI has set the % of the batteries to the "usable" range
Cause all I ever read about, mainly from smartphone batteries , down to 5% would stress the battery enormously.
And that would be intelligent, in my eyes.

And to OP, for the volt look in the app:
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules