4562 31 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fortnight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5403383 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can not get the CrystalSky 5.5 to work very well on my Phantom 4 Pro.  It resets often.  It works perfect on my Mavic and works ok on my inspire with very limited range then I will loose my feed.   My p4p plus never really worked well with the built in screen so I purchased the standard controller and it works perfect with the iPad pro but terrible with the CrystalSky.  All firmwares are up to date and reset many times..  I even sent my p4p in for repair and received a referbished unit that was still logged into the last owner and had a broken UV filter on it.  Still the same problem.    I have also returned the CrystalSky for a replacement and have tried 3 different mounts.  I have turned wifi off and no cell phone near by.  I tried the online support  with not mush help.  
Any feed back would be great.  

Videos  show the resetting.

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ra3vwo0beh46jh0/CrystalSky%201.m4v?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bh6dlkwiyp8u2n5/CrystalSky%202.m4v?dl=0

2017-9-8
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Two things to at least try for the P4P.
Test while using a USB to micro USB on the side of the CS.
Downgrade the firmware on the P4P if possible.

For my Mavic it seemes that the quality of the cable does not matter.
2017-9-8
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks.  I will try that.
2017-9-8
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don't see that I can downgrade the firmware in DJI Assistant.  I will most likely just cancel my CrystalSky Ultra order and sell the 5.5 CS and just use the iPad Pro.   Bummer
2017-9-8
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Fortnight Posted at 2017-9-8 14:09
I don't see that I can downgrade the firmware in DJI Assistant.  I will most likely just cancel my CrystalSky Ultra order and sell the 5.5 CS and just use the iPad Pro.   Bummer

Can you refresh the current firmware?
Maybe a firmware update on either the P4P or the CS could resolve the problem.
Then again if you are happy with the ipad, stick with it and save some money.
2017-9-8
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have refreshed everything many times.  The iPad is fine but has limitations.   Thanks for the advise.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

I am sorry, I am unable to open the file. Can you relink the videos on this page? Try to embed.
2017-9-9
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-9 09:53
I am sorry, I am unable to open the file. Can you relink the videos on this page? Try to embed.

ChrystalSky on youtube

Thanks

2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the experience with our products, please post the screenshot of all firmware version here, including the system version of CrystalSky, DJI Go 4 and firmware of aircraft.
We would report this issue to our engineers, appreciate your assistance.
2017-9-11
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-11 03:30
We are sorry for the experience with our products, please post the screenshot of all firmware version here, including the system version of CrystalSky, DJI Go 4 and firmware of aircraft.

Let me know if you need more.

Thanks
Screenshot_2017-09-11-18-15-04.png
Screenshot_2017-09-11-18-15-51.png
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Fortnight Posted at 2017-9-8 14:09

Perhaps in the future, downgrading will be available. What is suggested below is the best case scenario, refreshing the firmware.
2017-9-12
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-12 07:01
Perhaps in the future, downgrading will be available. What is suggested below is the best case scenario, refreshing the firmware.

I have reset both CrystaSky monitors I have had and still a no go. The CrystalSky works fine on my Inspire 2 and Mavic but is real bad on the Phantom 4 Pro.  I think it is a connection issue so I am going to remove the USB board on the back of the controller and barrow one from a friend and test that.  I will let you know.
2017-9-12
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-11 03:30

Had a CS on order but NOW having second thoughts!

DJI...get your stuff together.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fortnight Posted at 2017-9-12 15:18
I have reset both CrystaSky monitors I have had and still a no go. The CrystalSky works fine on my Inspire 2 and Mavic but is real bad on the Phantom 4 Pro.  I think it is a connection issue so I am going to remove the USB board on the back of the controller and barrow one from a friend and test that.  I will let you know.

Really appreciate your assistance to do the troubleshooting, the case has already been escalated to our engineers for analysis, will keep you updated too.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

As you have stated that the connection is bad, always make sure your firmware is up to date. Check the USB cable. Also, review the monitor's manual as it talks about configuring for a Phantom 4 Pro. Perhaps it is not configured properly: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/C ... uide_v1.2_multi.pdf
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Also, please be careful about removing anything. You don't want to do anything that may void the warranty aspect of the product.
2017-9-13
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

with my Mavic and CS devices, I have tested 2 cable before find a cable without problem. Now it's perfect.
maybe a way for those who have some problems...
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Mountaindrone Posted at 2017-9-13 06:39
with my Mavic and CS devices, I have tested 2 cable before find a cable without problem. Now it's perfect.
maybe a way for those who have some problems...

Cable is usually one of the more overlooked part involving monitors. Glad you found one that works.
2017-9-13
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-13 07:34
Cable is usually one of the more overlooked part involving monitors. Glad you found one that works.

It's not the cable.  I have tried 3 DJI CS mounts and 4 cables.  That is why I think it is the Output Module of the controller or the controller it self.  This is my second CrystalSky and my P4P+ was in for repair and I received a refurbished item.  I sent my P4P+ in for repair because the Plus controller never worked very well that is why I bought the standard controller.  The only thing that has not been replaced is the standard controller.  by the way when I got the refurbished p4p+  the UV filter was broken and still logged in to the prior owner.  
2017-9-13
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-13 07:34

Can I take the Output Module from the Plus controller and put it on the standard controller?

Thanks Mark
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Fortnight Posted at 2017-9-13 15:08
Can I take the Output Module from the Plus controller and put it on the standard controller?

Thanks Mark

Not advised, especially if you are concerned about warranty of the product.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Fortnight Posted at 2017-9-13 14:53
It's not the cable.  I have tried 3 DJI CS mounts and 4 cables.  That is why I think it is the Output Module of the controller or the controller it self.  This is my second CrystalSky and my P4P+ was in for repair and I received a refurbished item.  I sent my P4P+ in for repair because the Plus controller never worked very well that is why I bought the standard controller.  The only thing that has not been replaced is the standard controller.  by the way when I got the refurbished p4p+  the UV filter was broken and still logged in to the prior owner.

Please contact Customer Service about having this product serviced.
2017-9-14
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-14 06:58
Please contact Customer Service about having this product serviced.

Did that 5 to 6 weeks ago about this issue.  If I need to buy  the standard controller again thats what I will do.  I am just installing a different output module to see if it works better.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Fortnight Posted at 2017-9-14 09:03
Did that 5 to 6 weeks ago about this issue.  If I need to buy  the standard controller again thats what I will do.  I am just installing a different output module to see if it works better.

Part of the fun of owning these products is the ability to do what you are doing. We just have to put out that gentle reminder of the warranty. Let us know how everything goes.
2017-9-14
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-14 09:05
Part of the fun of owning these products is the ability to do what you are doing. We just have to put out that gentle reminder of the warranty. Let us know how everything goes.

I know.  Thanks
2017-9-14
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It works with a loaner from a friend.  How can I just buy a replacement Output Module.   I tried the HDMI upgraded Output Module DJI sells and I still had the same problem.  Will I have to go through support again?
2017-9-15
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

Fortnight Posted at 2017-9-13 14:53

I also received a defective unit after sending my drone in for repair.
It is unbelievable but sadly DJI has no incentive to change their manners since you keep buying their stuff.
As for me I have decided to postpone all purchases, there are just too many problems and no customer service to speak of.
2017-9-18
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

Oh yes it would be so much less fun if the products worked!
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Fortnight Posted at 2017-9-15 07:44
It works with a loaner from a friend.  How can I just buy a replacement Output Module.   I tried the HDMI upgraded Output Module DJI sells and I still had the same problem.  Will I have to go through support again?

Fortnight, sorry to have kept you waiting for the response from our engineers.
Since this issue never happens before, could you please try Android tablet to see if the problem persists, if so, maybe there are some problems with the RC or aircraft rather than CrystalSky.
If not, the RC, aircraft and CrystalSky all need to be sent in for analysis, please post the case number here when you get it. Thanks.
2017-9-19
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-19 21:36
Fortnight, sorry to have kept you waiting for the response from our engineers.
Since this issue never happens before, could you please try Android tablet to see if the problem persists, if so, maybe there are some problems with the RC or aircraft rather than CrystalSky.
If not, the RC, aircraft and CrystalSky all need to be sent in for analysis, please post the case number here when you get it. Thanks.

I know what is wrong.  I have a bad Output Module on the back of the standard controller. I took  one from a friends controller and it worked fine.  I also purchased a HDMI Output Module and it had the same problem.  Can I Just buy the Output Module that the standard controller has?
2017-9-20
Use props
High Flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 944642 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-13 04:27
Really appreciate your assistance to do the troubleshooting, the case has already been escalated to our engineers for analysis, will keep you updated too.

I am getting increasing frustrated with my crystalsky 2000nit. DJI go 4 keeps freezing on me mid flight and the picture just freezes follow by go app not responsing message. I just started the CS at home and it opened in a frozen state (see pic). Even when navigating through the CS generally things can be delayed or unresponsive such as a "back" button totally unresponsive until eventually it decides it will work. I'm totally losing confidence in this very expensive device. To have my P4pro in the air with a frozen CS is unaceptable. Ipad runs flawlessly compared to CS, very dissapointed indeed  
2018-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

High Flyer Posted at 2018-5-13 03:40
I am getting increasing frustrated with my crystalsky 2000nit. DJI go 4 keeps freezing on me mid flight and the picture just freezes follow by go app not responsing message. I just started the CS at home and it opened in a frozen state (see pic). Even when navigating through the CS generally things can be delayed or unresponsive such as a "back" button totally unresponsive until eventually it decides it will work. I'm totally losing confidence in this very expensive device. To have my P4pro in the air with a frozen CS is unaceptable. Ipad runs flawlessly compared to CS, very dissapointed indeed  [view_image]

Sorry for the unpleasant experience and the trouble caused, are you running the latest firmware and have you restored the device to factory default to have a try?
2018-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules