Bad video quality when sedning video over iMessage/Messenger
1567 5 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CEk
lvl.1
Norway

So recorded a short video with my Mavic (1.30 minutes) and edited it quickly in DJI Go 4 and sved it on my phone. Before when I've sent it to my friends over iMessage/Messenger the qualtiy has been good but today it's really pixled my friends say. Anyone know why? When I look at it in our conversation it looks fine, but guess it's because the source in on my phone.
2017-9-8
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

That's not an issue of the mavic that's an issue with your phone phones usually can't send large video files you will have to upload it to Dropbox or something
2017-9-8
Use props
CEk
lvl.1
Norway

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-8 05:10
That's not an issue of the mavic that's an issue with your phone phones usually can't send large video files you will have to upload it to Dropbox or something

Yeah, I figured. But since I have been able to send them before with good quality I wonder what suddenly could have changed.
2017-9-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

CEk Posted at 2017-9-8 06:05
Yeah, I figured. But since I have been able to send them before with good quality I wonder what suddenly could have changed.

Was your last video longer or higher-res than the successfully sent vids? Maybe there's a size/resolution threshold the most recent video passed.
2017-9-8
Use props
Sparkie81
New
United States

Is it a group text?  If it is and somebody doesn't have an iPhone it'll be distorted.
2017-9-8
Use props
CEk
lvl.1
Norway

Sparkie81 Posted at 2017-9-8 19:33
Is it a group text?  If it is and somebody doesn't have an iPhone it'll be distorted.

No group chat. Sorted the problem by setting the video recording to .mp4 instead of .mov and lowered the resolution to 2.7k.
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules