Air field permission pop up every 2 minutes.
656 5 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7aeea8bd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128445 ft
United States

I fly near an airport on occasion, I follow the FAA  rules of contacting the FCT prior to flight location, time of flight etc.. My screen keeps popping up permission notification every 2 minutes through out the entire flight after initial verification. I changed locations but no luck. Any input?
2017-9-8
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have found that if you are at or near the edge of the notification area (like an uncontrolled airfield), while it won't have you do the check box verification part again, the warning box WILL pop up and disappear again and again as you go in and out/near the notification area.
2017-9-8
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

These pop-up messages are a huge hazard while flying the drone!  There should be a way to shut them off in GO somewhere.  Some continuous yellow ones are pointless like "Press the right roller for camera control," etc.

Somewhat like texting while driving, and then you hit something (ahem!).
2017-9-8
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It's constantly reminding you, lest you forget.
2017-9-8
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Agreed!
Two major issues with these popups:
1) They come & go fast and one right after the other, if there are multiples...they are too many at times for me to read WHILE flying.  If I want to check them I have to stop hover and go in to the app to see what they were, which takes away from the experience.  Solution: have them remain on screen until they are acknowledged/closed out...however, major downside to this is still a major distraction and does not solve the overall problem.  Warnings should only be real hazards that mean a danger to people &/or property to include the UAV.
2) The reverse of the above...too many are not critical to safe flight, for example reminder that a dirt strip is near by and in one case for me has not been used in years.  That one warning alone was so annoying, and I could not agree more, there needs to be a way to shut them off and any others that are similar in importance.
This big brother approach is so distracting, I get it, there are morons out there that don't fly using their brains and should not even be in the air.  However, dumbing down what are some of the most advanced RC aircraft on the market, ever, is not an answer.  We, the owners, should have far more control over our property than we get at times, there is no allowance for judgement or experience, everyone is a newbie who has never flown before, not ideal, but safe for DJI.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The reminder will pop up near NFZ. Please contact the Flysafe Team for further assistance: flysafe@dji.com.
2017-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules