Cannot access quickshot modes when flying with RC
3460 16 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Billtuber23
lvl.1
Australia

I cannot access quickshot modes when flying my spark with RC. I initially paired the RC to the spark by connecting to the sparkrc wifi and then holding the battery button on the spark for 3 seconds and then the three buttons on the controller to pair them.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I have watched every video I could find as well as searched the forums for answers but can't see anything.

Will quickshot modes be displaced when connecting to the remote via wifi? I cannot seem to get them to display unless I disconnect the sparkrc and reconnect with my phone directly to the spark wifi.

What am I doing wrong? Is this only possible via OTG cable?
2017-9-8
Use props
Billtuber23
lvl.1
Australia

"displaced" should read "displayed"
2017-9-8
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

Make sure that you are not in sport mode.
2017-9-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ar you flying in "S" with the RC?
2017-9-8
Use props
Martin Lines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19147 ft
United Kingdom

Do you get any messages on the screen, I have a problem with all Intelligent flight modes due to erroneous no fly zone messages

https://forum.dji.com/thread-110937-1-1.html
2017-9-8
Use props
Goathearder
lvl.1
United States

Jr 5542 Posted at 2017-9-8 06:27

I second this.  Make sure the switch is not in sport mode.  All intelligent flight modes are disabled when you are in sport mode.
2017-9-8
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jr 5542 Posted at 2017-9-8 06:27

Been there, done that, took a bit to figure out!
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Agree with 3#. Please keep us posted.
2017-9-8
Use props
Billtuber23
lvl.1
Australia

I'm definitely not in sports mode when trying to access quickshot modes.

I am close to the airport so I'll try somewhere else and see if that makes a difference
2017-9-9
Use props
Billtuber23
lvl.1
Australia

So, I have tried numerous times and still not working. This video shows the RC is connected. I am not in sports mode. Yes, i am in a no-fly zone but I get the same result anywhere so ignore that for now. The only thing I notice that is different to anyone else is that when I look at other videos online where they pair the RC and the spark, once connected it says "RC COnnected" and not just "Connected" like it is doing for me.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

2017-10-5
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

What phone do you use?
I ask because I use an old phone (LG G3) and it overheats pretty quickly, which means the GO4 makes it work too hard (makes sense on such an old phone), and when I tap the quickshot icon it just goes back to the main screen. But in my case, I put the blame on the phone, at least until I try a newer phone and prove otherwise.
2017-10-6
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I have experienced that quickshots also are unavailable if there is no sd card in the spark, when using the rc controller.
I did not try without the controller.
2017-10-6
Use props
Billtuber23
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-10-6 00:01
What phone do you use?
I ask because I use an old phone (LG G3) and it overheats pretty quickly, which means the GO4 makes it work too hard (makes sense on such an old phone), and when I tap the quickshot icon it just goes back to the main screen. But in my case, I put the blame on the phone, at least until I try a newer phone and prove otherwise.

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge. Doesn't overheat so no issues there.
2017-10-6
Use props
Billtuber23
lvl.1
Australia

heliman Posted at 2017-10-6 02:21
I have experienced that quickshots also are unavailable if there is no sd card in the spark, when using the rc controller.
I did not try without the controller.

Quickshot works fine when the rc is not connected. I have an SD card  (64GB) in the Spark with plenty of free space on it.

When you connect to the Spark RC does it say 'RC COnnected' or just 'connected'?
2017-10-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Billtuber, please ensure that the firmware and version is the latest one. Did you solve the problem? Please keep us updated.
2017-10-13
Use props
fans1fe4299f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34029 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem - having linked my Spark and RC, and connected to the Park, via the RC, with my OnePlus 5 phone, I am unable to see the Quickshot. Odes in the DJI GO 4 app. All other functions seem to be working pretty much as they should (now, after I discovered that my phone needs to be in 'Flight' mode for the GO 4 app to work!).
2018-4-22
Use props
Billtuber23
lvl.1
Australia

@fans1fe4299f I spoke to an authorised DJI repairer and he thought it was a software problem and not a hardware problem (because it flies perfectly in every other way). Suggested I roll back remote firmware version. I have not been able to try that yet so I still cannot access while using the RC
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules