Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Repair and Customer Service (Lack of)
1392 10 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JerryEdwards
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59698 ft
Spain

I received my Phantom4 Pro + and was delighted with it but before I could fly it I was advised to update the software/firmware first to the latest version. This I did. But something went wrong and the camera ceased to function and the RC light was flashing red/green continually. I wa sadvised by DJI Support Holland to return the drone to them which I subsequently did. This was done on the 16th August and duly sent.  After about 30 e-mails I have been trying to not only get my drone returned to me but to get details of the problems and what repairs were being done. As this machine cost me almost 2000 euros, I was getting particularly concerned, and still am, that I was being fobbed off with excuses but no concrete reasons why my drone has taken almost four weeks to be repaired. It is now September 8th and still no results of any of my mails to DJI Support. The customer service just does not exist and I am seriously considering contacting my international lawyers now to help me resolve this impasse which seems to have developed. I am still without my drone. I am a professioal photographer and film maker and needed this drone for a shoot in Saregna next week. The Phantom was my standby drone just to cover in case of incident. But I have been very badly let down by the lack of response and oinformation from DJI Support, which to me has been a complete lack of support. I use the term support very loosely. I was wondering if anyone else has had or having similar problems with DJI Holland
2017-9-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Why doesn't DJI go ahead and update repaired drones that are in for repair before returning to customer ?  This happened to me also.  I couldn't even fly mine straight out of the returned
box until I updated.  
2017-9-8
Use props
MrRobert5823
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

DJI's drones are the best!  They have awesome software, great control, the pics and vids are more awesome that I thought possible.  Their support..... sigh... that is a different matter.  I too had to send a part in for repair.  Their support staff (chat support) are friendly, but not as informed about the specifics.  The phone people are a little better, but even though they were friendly, they were surprisingly slow and unresponsive.  I had a defect... they knew it... they told me.... and it took 8 weeks to get it replaced, when I could have replaced it for $60!  All they had to do... was take the part... put it in a box.... and ship it.... It wasn't until it was 8 weeks that they finally moved on it.  

Like I said the drones really are as awesome as they get... They really do amazing things and I could NOT be any more pleased with this... but their customer support isn't quite there yet.  All I can give you is sympathy....
2017-9-8
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

You know I've read a lot about this problem, it also seems hit and miss.  Some have great quick fixes and sing their praises for it, then you have these type of horror stories, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, that I can see.  
Why do you think this is the case?  Is it because of their growth rate?  They put too much emphasis on production and did not anticipate the back shop support needed to service their customer base?  Is it a communication problem or maybe cultural?  I think it is a little of all of the above...
2017-9-8
Use props
MrRobert5823
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-8 09:07
You know I've read a lot about this problem, it also seems hit and miss.  Some have great quick fixes and sing their praises for it, then you have these type of horror stories, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, that I can see.  
Why do you think this is the case?  Is it because of their growth rate?  They put too much emphasis on production and did not anticipate the back shop support needed to service their customer base?  Is it a communication problem or maybe cultural?  I think it is a little of all of the above...

Yeah... I get the feeling it's a supply chain issue.  They have a demand of new drones that MUST get out the door asap, so the parts for repairs are always lagging.  I don't think it's malicious, I don't think it's incompetence... I think it's just demand is greater than they thought (even over a long term) and their suppliers struggle to keep up.  
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble you’ve been caused, could you please provide me with your case number so I can help? Sorry again for this case.
2017-9-8
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-8
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I try to buy everything of value, that I can, from Amazon. If I find a defect, I can order another and send the bad one back at no penalty or shipping charges. Even if you fly the drone and find a problem, they will take it back!
2017-9-9
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jerry what is your case number.  I will see if I can help.
2017-9-9
Use props
JerryEdwards
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59698 ft
Spain

Its sorted now but thanks anyway sorry for the delay but I have been out of the country. Wish me luck I'll be flying the p4p+ next week in France, so keep watching the news ........
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

JerryEdwards Posted at 2017-9-29 02:35
Its sorted now but thanks anyway sorry for the delay but I have been out of the country. Wish me luck I'll be flying the p4p+ next week in France, so keep watching the news ........

Glad to hear the problem got sorted out, hope you have good time on flying.
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules