Gimbal Yaw Lock
5629 20 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ruffelyfe
New
United States

Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly,

But took my Inspire 2 out of the box, charged everything, set it all up.

Put it up in the air and noticed right away the gimbal seems to have locked onto its take off position.... so if I took off looking at a building, the drone won't rotate, it just goes up/down forward & backward.

Then I hit the free mode on the tablet, through the app, and now the drone rotates left and right, but the gimbal still locks on to the inital start position.... I have to reset my Gimbal Yaw everytime I want a new position...

Does anyone know how I get the Gimbal to rotate when the drone rotates?

so it stays with the movements I'm flying?
2017-9-8
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Rather than "Free" mode, I think you need to be in "FPV" or "Follow" mode. This is true for I1, I'm not sure about I2.

Mark G.
2017-9-8
Use props
Ruffelyfe
New
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-8 07:33
Rather than "Free" mode, I think you need to be in "FPV" or "Follow" mode. This is true for I1, I'm not sure about I2.

Mark G.

Yes that worked... Cheers
2017-9-8
Use props
fansd1a8abef
New

United States

So I had the same thing as I did my first test flight today. I saw this post and gave it a try. What I have is in free mode, my aircraft will yaw but the x4s stays in the same place. When I put it to follow mode, the aircraft will no longer yaw. That is not what I am looking for. What do I need to do to make the aircraft able to yaw while the x4s "follows" the yaw movement of the aircraft. I am a single operator and flying in free mode does me no good if the camera does not go with the aircraft yaw. But, like I said, in follow mode I no longer have aircraft yaw. Advice / fix?
2017-9-8
Use props
fansd1a8abef
New

United States

fanse186c04e Posted at 2017-9-9 10:29
Reed The F....ing manual

Wow buddy, no need to be a jerk. I happen to have read the stupid manual twice. I bet your so proud of yourself for your awesome advice.
2017-9-9
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

fanse186c04e Posted at 2017-9-9 10:29
Reed The F....ing manual

Dude! I have read some of your posts before, with questions that you would obviously not have asked, had YOU read the "f...ing manual". If you have nothing helpful or friendly to say, please stick to the Facebook groups. Maybe you shouldn't drink if it makes you like this. My profile says "Jersey" but I can see you from my window, I'm waving!

Mark G.

2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Here is the explanation of the gimbal mode, hope it will be helpful.
Follow Mode: The angle between the gimbal's orientation and aircraft's nose remains constant at all times. You can control the pitch of the gimbal.
FPV Mode: The gimbal will lock to the movements of the aircraft to provide a first-person-view flying experience.
Free Mode: The gimbal's motion is independent of the aircraft's orientation. You can control the pitch of the gimbal.
Re-alignment: Tap to force the gimbal orientation to re-align with the aircraft's orientation by panning from gimbal's current orientation. Pitch of the gimbal will remain unchanged during the re-alignment.
2017-9-9
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Hello Mindy,

In January, I was able to set follow mode from slave remote and adjust tilt angle from slave remote. Now it's impossible. From .0240 update firmware we can only be in free mode from slave remote.

Some of us need to be in follow mode with free tilt from slave remote. Please can you say something about this removed function ?

If I remember it was possible with .0135 firmware
2017-9-10
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

FVP Posted at 2017-9-10 04:18
Hello Mindy,

In January, I was able to set follow mode from slave remote and adjust tilt angle from slave remote. Now it's impossible. From .0240 update firmware we can only be in free mode from slave remote.

Can you not just set the mode from the master RC?
2017-9-10
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-10 07:31
Can you not just set the mode from the master RC?

Yes but the slave remote can't play with tilt command.
2017-9-10
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

FVP Posted at 2017-9-10 08:37
Yes but the slave remote can't play with tilt command.

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here. Do you not use the stick on the slave to control the gimbal? If you are standing next to the pilot who has the master, can he not switch modes for you?

Mark G.
2017-9-10
Use props
FVP
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

I just want control the Pan with the Inspire2's yaw and let the slave remote control the tilt
2017-9-10
Use props
drjavier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3307700 ft
United States

I have a brand new Inspire 2 and I am having this exact issue as you described.  I called tech support 4 times and each time they told me to perform a different calibration/reset process and call them back. The fifth time I called the told me to send the Inspire 2 back for a replacement/refund.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

drjavier Posted at 2017-9-10 13:21
I have a brand new Inspire 2 and I am having this exact issue as you described.  I called tech support 4 times and each time they told me to perform a different calibration/reset process and call them back. The fifth time I called the told me to send the Inspire 2 back for a replacement/refund.

Sorry, if you have the same problem with OP, please change gimbal mode.
2017-9-11
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-9 23:19
Here is the explanation of the gimbal mode, hope it will be helpful.
Follow Mode: The angle between the gimbal's orientation and aircraft's nose remains constant at all times. You can control the pitch of the gimbal.
FPV Mode: The gimbal will lock to the movements of the aircraft to provide a first-person-view flying experience.

It would be nice if it could be centered and remain there..
2017-9-11
Use props
drjavier
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-11 01:38
Sorry, if you have the same problem with OP, please change gimbal mode.

I only have/see the Follow and Free modes. Where can I select the FPV mode?
2017-9-11
Use props
drjavier
lvl.1
United States

drjavier Posted at 2017-9-11 12:45
I only have/see the Follow and Free modes. Where can I select the FPV mode?

Has anybody else experienced an issue like this before? I would hate to send my new Inspire 2 back and have to wait to get a replacement if all I needed to do was a simple setting change that I just cannot find.

Thank you!
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

drjavier Posted at 2017-9-13 12:49
Has anybody else experienced an issue like this before? I would hate to send my new Inspire 2 back and have to wait to get a replacement if all I needed to do was a simple setting change that I just cannot find.

Thank you!

No worries, there are only three modes in Inspire 2, Free, Follow and Recenter.
Since there is FPV camera in aircraft, you can check FPV window on the bottom right corner.
2017-9-14
Use props
fansd1a8abef
New

United States

drjavier Posted at 2017-9-10 13:21

drjavier, I wanted to check to see if you mean you have the issue I am facing. I understand the follow / free modes. My problem is in Follow mode, I can not rotate (yaw) the actual aircraft. No one has been able to answer my question, including DJI Tech support. I know it is supposed to fully function (fly just like a phantom where the gimbal stays in line with the nose) as I have seen plenty of videos of the inspire 2 operating. I am trying to determine the same. Is there some specific setting or do I need to return this.
2017-9-14
Use props
drjavier
lvl.1
United States

fansd1a8abef Posted at 2017-9-14 10:48
drjavier, I wanted to check to see if you mean you have the issue I am facing. I understand the follow / free modes. My problem is in Follow mode, I can not rotate (yaw) the actual aircraft. No one has been able to answer my question, including DJI Tech support. I know it is supposed to fully function (fly just like a phantom where the gimbal stays in line with the nose) as I have seen plenty of videos of the inspire 2 operating. I am trying to determine the same. Is there some specific setting or do I need to return this.

I just found out what causes this issue and how to fix it. Did you return your Inspire 2 already?
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd1a8abef Posted at 2017-9-14 10:48

I'm so sorry for the late response, the post was missed.
This issue is caused by setting a higher value for Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode under Advanced Settings. Please  the value and check whether the issue persists, or tap ''Reset Settings'' to solve the issue.
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules