Choppy videos
1333 7 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TGoedde
lvl.1
United States

While I am in experimentation mode, I notice that my videos, while super clear and in focus, are choppy and have gaps in the feed. As if they pause during flight and pick back up a few feet later. Not what I am looking for of course. I am using the latest firmware and iPad Pro app. The issues are persistnat when previewed in the latest Quicktime app as well. Am I missing a setting combination in the app?

2017-9-8
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Phantom 3s or P3a or so on..??
2017-9-8
Use props
fansefef1a2f
New
Flight distance : 8402 ft
United States

I had the same problem with QuickTime. Determined that it was my computer's processing speed not keeping up. Maybe try using an iPhone or android phone to fly then review your video in movie editor option on the DJI Go app. See if it smooths out. Could be processing speeds can't keep up.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please upload the original videos from SD card and send us the link, I'd like to look into it.
2017-9-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Too many questions to ask here, but here goes: Are you looking at the videos cached to your iPad during the flight, or off the SD card in the aircraft. The cached videos may contain transmission errors, so do not rely on them. To properly view your footage, remove the SD card from the aircraft and copy the video onto the hard dive of a capable computer. If it is still giving you problems, then your computer is too slow and not up to the task of displaying the videos.
2017-9-8
Use props
TGoedde
lvl.1
United States

P4A. New batch of video and stills to review today. Geebax I think you are on to something with the ipad video being the culprit. I dropped a couple testers onto my hard drive and they seems better. Only a little latency but that could be from having one too many videos open at a time. Each is about 2 gigs and are ram hogs. Thanks for the tips gang!
2017-9-11
Use props
TGoedde
lvl.1
United States

OK, so I have reviewed all of the videos via Quicktime and they play with jerky and gapped playback. But if I convert them to hd 1080p they play very nicely. Can this be that 4K is just too much for Quicktime? What do you all use to save the videos so they are viewable for the masses without any special programs or settings? The videos I will be taking are generally for new housing communities to show the progress of them to potential builders and buyers.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

fansefef1a2f Posted at 2017-9-8 08:21
I had the same problem with QuickTime. Determined that it was my computer's processing speed not keeping up. Maybe try using an iPhone or android phone to fly then review your video in movie editor option on the DJI Go app. See if it smooths out. Could be processing speeds can't keep up.

If you are using 4K, it can tax a computer's processing power. Try filming in a smaller rate to see if this helps.
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules