MicroSD Card Compatibility Issues Spark / Mavic Pro
4681 9 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans06f3df75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162408 ft
Australia

Many people have reported having issues with formating 64GB Micro-SD cards (etc) in either their Spark or Mavic. In general they receive a message on the display "NO CARD INSERTED". I had this problem and in my case I discovered that the problem lay with the card itself (which otherwise worked perfectly with my mobile phone, tablet and PC - and this card was fully tested prior to use using 'Flash Drive Tester v1.14'). I inserted another identically labeled SAMSUNG 64GB microSDXC UHS-1 card into both of my drones and that was recognised and formatted correctly. Conclusion:- some cards are not 100% compatible as they are most likely not genuine Samsung even though in most other applications they work well and outwardly appear to be genuine. Moral:- buy from a trusted local supplier to whom they can be returned if necessary. Also check the packaging to see 'country of origin'. Fortunately the cards, once a genuine article is installed, in general will remain in the drone.
2017-9-8
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Thanks for sharing this.  I just bought a 64gb Micro-SD and have not tried it yet.  Got a larger card to replace the 16gb on i got with the fly more combo
2017-9-8
Use props
Christ Daniel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 883606 ft
Indonesia

My MVP comes with 16gb Sandisk and i plan to upgrade with the same brand with larger capacity, suddenly i found Extreme Pro, or Extreme Plus, or Extreme?  Ultra Plus or Ultra?  but Sandisk's website doesn't really explain the difference in these lines.  But within each line there is a range of different read/write speeds from which to choose. any suggestion which one is good ?

2017-9-8
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

I also had a GoPro 3 Black and a similar thing happened - I took it on a trip overseas and only got half of the 64GB recorded. I later found out that the GoPro was fussy and didn't like 64GB cards and it was safer to restrict the camera to 32GB cards only. Based on my experience with the GoPro (lost half of our trip to Disneyland) and the fact that when you lose that much data it is a disaster, it may be better to just use more than one card (that is, 2 x 32GB) to reach the 64GB and not have all your data stored on one card and risk losing it. Just a thought.
2017-9-8
Use props
fans06f3df75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162408 ft
Australia

Christ Daniel Posted at 2017-9-8 11:31
My MVP comes with 16gb Sandisk and i plan to upgrade with the same brand with larger capacity, suddenly i found Extreme Pro, or Extreme Plus, or Extreme?  Ultra Plus or Ultra?  but Sandisk's website doesn't really explain the difference in these lines.  But within each line there is a range of different read/write speeds from which to choose. any suggestion which one is good ?

DJI recommend Sandisk, Lexar, and Samsung. What is most important is that the card you buy must be:- microSDXC UHS-1 standard and at least Class 10 if you intend to record in 4K, this will be written on the packaging. Buy from a reputable retailer as this is a fundamental item. All the best.
2017-9-8
Use props
Christ Daniel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 883606 ft
United States

fans06f3df75 Posted at 2017-9-8 17:49
DJI recommend Sandisk, Lexar, and Samsung. What is most important is that the card you buy must be:- microSDXC UHS-1 standard and at least Class 10 if you intend to record in 4K, this will be written on the packaging. Buy from a reputable retailer as this is a fundamental item. All the best.

Thank you for your help
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The specs of this SD card might be helpful: http://store.dji.com/product/san ... rd-64gb?from=search
2017-9-8
Use props
Baron Karza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93593 ft
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-8 22:34
The specs of this SD card might be helpful: http://store.dji.com/product/sandisk-micro-sd-card-64gb?from=search

Hi,
in my mavic all all recordings stop after 9 minutes.. Why?
The SD card is the original Sandisk 16 GB
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Baron Karza Posted at 2017-9-10 07:43
Hi,
in my mavic all all recordings stop after 9 minutes.. Why?
The SD card is the original Sandisk 16 GB

How about resetting the camera settings or changing to another SD card?
2017-9-11
Use props
scorpionro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211355 ft
United States

I used both normal Extreme and Extreme Plus (both 64Gb) with no issues. Both are more than fast enough to cope with the Spark's maximum bit rate (which is 24 Mbps).
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules