Aircraft disconnected
942 10 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DustMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 973373 ft
United States

Was flying just a little bit ago and my iPad went blank and it was saying aircraft disconnected. It stayed like this for about 20-30 seconds which felt like 2 hours, in triggered RTH and it said something about 2 flight modes , can't really remember the exact words. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again.
2017-9-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's difficult to decipher your post.  You say the iPad went blank but it was saying AC disconnected.  How can this be?  

Keep it close and aim your antennas correctly and you shouldn't lose your signal.   
2017-9-8
Use props
DustMan
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-9-8 13:24
It's difficult to decipher your post.  You say the iPad went blank but it was saying AC disconnected.  How can this be?  

Keep it close and aim your antennas correctly and you shouldn't lose your signal.

Yes no picture, everything from satellite to gps to controller says N/A,
2017-9-8
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds like all your telemetry just stopped.      How far were you out?
2017-9-8
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Geomagnetic storm.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The aircraft disconnected means that the AC and RC lost connection. Please make sure there is no interference such as buildings and trees to block the signal.
2017-9-8
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

if you flew yesterday there was a geomagnetic storm yesterday hear in the news yesterday here so i dident go out to fly even if the weather was good
2017-9-9
Use props
DustMan
lvl.4
United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2017-9-9 06:24
if you flew yesterday there was a geomagnetic storm yesterday hear in the news yesterday here so i dident go out to fly even if the weather was good

Dang, well maybe that's it was the problem. Thanks
2017-9-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I hate to contradict, but there's never been even scant evidence that a geomagnetic storm has any influence on a drone flight.  It's a great theory and it makes wonderful sense, but history shows it never happens.  
2017-9-9
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Mark,  you're raining on our magnetic storm here lol.
2017-9-9
Use props
DustMan
lvl.4
United States

Well I've been trough four batteries since my experience from the "blank screen" and it hasn't happened again.
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules