My Mavic was repaired under warranty BUT....
840 14 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

I cannot get anyone to tell me what went wrong.  I had the crooked horizon issue and no matter what I did it was constantly going out of alignment.  I sent it in, DJI confimred it was repaired and tested under warranty and it is being sent back.  Is it an unreasonable request to want to know what the issue was?
2017-9-8
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

I send mine in for barometer disconnected error. DJI replaced the MP, without any  notice to my reseller. They asked repaircenter but got no answer.
2017-9-8
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
United States

I was just told that there was damage to the main controller of the mother board...whatever that means.
2017-9-8
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Good luck with the Crooked Horizon most of them have it in fact most DJI drones have it I don't think it's something they can fix
2017-9-8
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

This is why in the DJI go 4 app you can adjust gimbal roll it is for this very issue so they know about it.....lol that really sucks that you sent yours in because of that it might still have the same exact issue
2017-9-8
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Most times you don't get told what is actually wrong because they don't initially know. In most cases, the repair centre just confirms that there is an issue as described and then send back a replacement. This is done to save time. The faulty one is then repaired and it is only then that all the faults are found and fixed.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

col4bin Posted at 2017-9-8 13:17
I was just told that there was damage to the main controller of the mother board...whatever that means.

It seems like a hardware issue. Have you got the drone back now?
2017-9-9
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-9 00:18
It seems like a hardware issue. Have you got the drone back now?

Not yet. It's on it's way. I live in Florida on the gulf coast and Irma is coming right for us.  Not sure when I will be able to get my drone.
2017-9-9
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-8 13:30
This is why in the DJI go 4 app you can adjust gimbal roll it is for this very issue so they know about it.....lol that really sucks that you sent yours in because of that it might still have the same exact issue

The gimbal roll adjustment never worked for me. It would only stay level until I took off. Once flying it would be crooked again.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

col4bin Posted at 2017-9-9 06:10
Not yet. It's on it's way. I live in Florida on the gulf coast and Irma is coming right for us.  Not sure when I will be able to get my drone.

You can provide me with your case number so I can help to take a look at it.
2017-9-11
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-11 00:10
You can provide me with your case number so I can help to take a look at it.

Just sent it to you via PM.  Thank you.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

col4bin Posted at 2017-9-11 09:31
Just sent it to you via PM.  Thank you.

Hi, had checked you case. The drone was sent  on 9/9, had you received the tracking number? Think you will get the drone back very soon. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-11
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-11 22:34
Hi, had checked you case. The drone was sent  on 9/9, had you received the tracking number? Think you will get the drone back very soon. Appreciate your patience.

I live in an area impacted by hurricane Irma so any packages coming to me will be delayed.  Were you able to determine what was wrong with my drone? It does not look a replacement was sent to me so I assume mine was repaired.
2017-9-12
Use props
SG70
lvl.2
France

col4bin Posted at 2017-9-12 05:41
I live in an area impacted by hurricane Irma so any packages coming to me will be delayed.  Were you able to determine what was wrong with my drone? It does not look a replacement was sent to me so I assume mine was repaired.

IMO they probably have a standard "just replace the MB" policy for these kinds of problems so chances are they do not really know what the exact problem was, it makes more sense to take 30 minutes for a technician to simply swap out a board then for an engineer to go hunting for hours for a bug on a cms infested MB...
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

col4bin Posted at 2017-9-12 05:41

Your case is a replacement as you can see the serial number has changed. And according to the evaluation, there are no manual operations should be responded to the drone, so it is a warranty case. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules