DJI Support, Assistant 2 and Flight Data
2560 9 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

I've been a happy Mavic owner for a couple of months now, and I consider the ups, downs, problems and successes all part of my new hobby.  My Mavic has performed almost flawlessly as have the Apps.  

I've also been impressed with DJI Support via email, they've answered quickly and put my mind at rest over a couple of issues.

Since the last Mavic firmware update I've been unable to access Flight Data, which is another aspect of the Mavic which I enjoy; I find the data enables me to understand my Mavic and fly better. DJI Support has been quick to confirm that it is a compatability problem between the new firmware and DJI Assistant 2.  

I updated DJI Assistant last night to the new version 1.1.6. However, I was still unable to correctly access the Flight Data. DJI have emailed me  and informed me that they are still having issues (See extract from email below).  

Well done DJI Support for excellent communication. I also sympathise that with such a cutting edge piece of tech like the Mavic, we are going to have teething issues.

Keep up the good work.
Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to inform Mavic Pro still not be able to exported the data from DJI Assistance 2.

Our engineer still keep rolling up to fix this issue.

We should shortly update the software again to enable again the data viewer.

Thank you for your patience and we deeply do apologize for any inconvenience may have caused.

Kind regards,

Calvin Chow

2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience and thank you so much for your understanding and your kindness towards this case and your support of our work. Our engineers are aware of and working on it. Hope we will get it work soon. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-9
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

There are allready several topics about this problem... since .1000 FW version DJI Assistant 2 is no longer able to read flight data. DJI allready told that there will be an update of DJI Assistant 2 soon.

In my opinion they should have made the DJI Assistant 2 update first, then release the FW version where the update of DJI Assistant 2 is needed for... If they had posted in de FW-release thread that DJI Assistant 2 is no longer able to read flight data, they probably hadn't have to answer many question about it.
2017-9-9
Use props
Jahislove
lvl.1
France

same probleme here with my brand new mavic pro :

I spend hours trying to make this flight data working  ( no SD card available as soon as i start DJI assistant)

but it seem that finally it's not my fault

dji assistant 2 v1.1.2-2
firmware v01.03.1000

2017-9-9
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

So while we're waiting for a fix for this, does anyone know how to get the left and right side panels in the flight data viewer back if you've closed them?   I've tried everything I can think of and can't get them to reappear.

LP
2017-9-9
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

When you start DJI Assistant 2 (version 1.1.6) and select your MP, you will get an error message about the SD-Card in the MP, ignore this message...

You can find your flight data under "data upload". Only flight data since your update to FW .1000 can be found there. You can select them and safe them local.

When you then go to "flight data" you will get  the same error message about the SD-Card, ignore it again... open "Data viewer" and open one of the saved DAT-files... Don't know how "Data viewer" works, so I don't get any data on the screen. But when I open the same saved DAT-file wit CSVview I can view my flight data.

Opening of the side panels is easy... on the bottom of the screen you see "name:"... etc. just click with your right mouse buton and a popup menu will appear...there you can select which side-panels you want to see...
2017-9-9
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Mari!

LP
2017-9-9
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

You're welcome... maybe you can tell me how to view data with Data Viewer, I only get empty screens....
2017-9-9
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

Mari Posted at 2017-9-9 14:43
You're welcome... maybe you can tell me how to view data with Data Viewer, I only get empty screens....

Thanks Mari, that looks like a good work around.  I used to use Data Viewer all the time. However, there is still problems with it in 1.1.6 version, so I doubt we'll see any data until they fix it.  I liked Data Viewer because I could overlay multiple .dat files and compare them.  I'm going to see if I can do the same with CsvView;  and I'll perhaps stick with it if it works.   
2017-9-10
Use props
Jahislove
lvl.1
France

still not work with Assistant 1.1.6 and mavic v01.04.0000

thx Mari , your method work
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules