Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Rookie question re controller stick
1013 12 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, this may sound like a dumb question but I've just unbowed my P3S and the left stick locks in the down position when pressed all the way down, is this normal and why does it do it.
2017-9-8
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

May sound like a dumb answer, but just push them back up to neutral.
2017-9-8
Use props
MrRobert5823
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Is there tension in the sticks?
2017-9-8
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

The sticks work ok, I was just wondering why it locks down when pushed all the way, I've been able to google the answer, it's a decent Lock. My first search didn't find the answer.

Now I'm praying for some light winds so I can go out and play, forecast is not looking good for the week ahead here in wales.
2017-9-8
Use props
WD9EON
Captain
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2017-9-8 12:36
The sticks work ok, I was just wondering why it locks down when pushed all the way, I've been able to google the answer, it's a decent Lock. My first search didn't find the answer.

Now I'm praying for some light winds so I can go out and play, forecast is not looking good for the week ahead here in wales.

Don't lock it down to land, you will not like the results.  After it lands, you can lock it down to prevent it from starting back up.
2017-9-8
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Take note that if you leave the throttle stick locked down, the Remote will start to beep after a couple minutes or so.
It's a good feature because tip-overs when landing can occur when the CSC is used to stop the motors.
2017-9-8
Use props
Michgolden
First Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

You can use the lock for rapid decent but remember to allow enough height for the bird to slow down to normal speed well before it hits the ground. I've had a close call before because when locked down it drops quick!
2017-9-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is normal for the P3 Standard, and no-one has ever found a rational answer as to why it was provided as a feature.
2017-9-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Betamace Posted at 2017-9-8 14:06
Take note that if you leave the throttle stick locked down, the Remote will start to beep after a couple minutes or so.
It's a good feature because tip-overs when landing can occur when the CSC is used to stop the motors.

Never ever use CSC to stop the motors, just hold the left stick down on landing to stop them.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It is a feature of P3S Controller. No worries.
2017-9-8
Use props
Epicdoom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

didn't like it on mine so I tweeked it so it cant lock down.
2017-9-15
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

This lashed position is for safety to turn on or off the aircraft without insuring your fingers and so on. This feature helps you avoid the start over  again the system after landing (end flight / change battery)
It´s not a Combination of Sticks Commands.(CSC) You can use it from high altitude to a lower one. Do not land with left stick lashed.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

I wouldnt' be alarmed. That is part of the functionality of the remote. It is to make the landing easier of the Phantom 3 Standard.
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules