4354 21 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
talha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199419 ft
Germany

Hi guys,
i have a question about physics. I apologize in advance but i want you to know that i was never good at physics.

The question is:
Am i able to fly out the window with my spark on the 3rd floor? Or will it immediately loose height because of the ground?

I can't figure out how the aircraft is staying at the same altitude. Does he have to give the propellers more power to hold the current altitude?

The same question is if i fly in through a window...

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid to you but it would be a pleasure for me if one of you could explain me the physics of holding and gaining altitude so i can understand this...

Thank you very much
2017-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The biggest problem you might have flying out your window is lack of gps, so if you don't have sufficient gps indoors which is quite normal , once your Aircraft reaches outdoors it will revert to Atti mode so Control maybe very difficult unless you can lock sufficient gps quick enough.

Flying back in the window same effect as soon as you get undercover you are likely to lose gps and go to Atti mode.
Remember when taking off indoors with lots of interference i.e. Wifi metal objects concrete you also run the risk of compass interference.
But hey it's your drone try it and let us know how you get on.
2017-9-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Please see page 46, paragraph 5. of the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.4.pdf
If you are not an experienced pilot, you might consider not trying this.

2017-9-8
Use props
E3M6N3S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121713 ft
United States

Fly out my balcony window with no issues.
2017-9-8
Use props
talha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199419 ft
Germany

Thank you for your help
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would not suggest to try this as it is very dangerous and may cause devastating disaster.
2017-9-8
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

As I have tried you can , but indoors height is being controlled by distance from floor, so it will climb a bit as you pass over windowsill. If you suddenly are over 25 ft or so height will gauged by air pressure.
2017-9-8
Use props
haloXG_Sr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645522 ft
Finland

I have also fly out from 3rd floor balcony window without issues using palm launch.  I extend my arm outside and waited for GPS fix before launch. Spark will hover on that 3rd floor level.
2017-9-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

If you have GPS signal, it is of course more likely to work. But there have been other cases that ended up in a crash. The warning issued by DJI remains valid in my opinion and it is definitely not a maneuver for beginners.
2017-9-9
Use props
mirkl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145482 ft
United Kingdom

I'm sure I read a thread on here about someone who did just this, and when the Spark did a RTH, it landed on the roof of his block!
2017-9-9
Use props
Ace Flysome
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37671 ft
Canada

The physics of why it would work is this. The propellers are pushing down. There doesn't need to be a surface beneath it for the push to hold it up. The force of air being pushed down against more air will hold the drone in the air. This force will also push it up when going through the window frame as there is a surface to push against, and could cause you to hit the top of the frame even if you have obstacle avoidance disabled. Definitely not recommended.
2017-9-9
Use props
djiuser_1j0fKwk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54042 ft
Israel

Leaving in the 5th floor, I test it myself, just made sure I opened the window to the full extent...
It was sure nerve racking... but it worked as if spark was used to get thrown out of the window
2017-9-9
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

The propellers do not push down . They draw air from above which causes a redution in pressure above them, and an increase in pressure below, creating lift. They are more efficient when close to the ground since the air forced down underneath is impeded from escaping, known as ground effect.it climbs over the sill because the visual system is still working at that point.
2017-9-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It should work with GPS lock, but with all the variables (Steel / metal construction, Wind, ATTI mode etc) I am not sure how the Spark will react in every situation.
2017-9-9
Use props
Quantum_Star
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9150 ft

Argentina

DO NOT DO THIS ! ! !

This seems like it would be so fun, right? No. It's a stupid way to crash your drone, and totally not worth it.

Maybe with the right settings and understanding, it is possible, but I just crashed my drone after only getting to enjoy it a few times by trying to fly it out of my 7th story apartment building window. Basically, like another person said, it didn't get proper GPS lock, but I thought it would be fine just flying manually, as long as I kept it in sight. I had to turn off obstacle avoidance to get it to fly out of my window, and as soon as it got outside, it went crazy. I tried to fly it straight up so I could just land it on the roof and retrieve it from there, but it smacked into the the building and crashed about ten stories to the street below. By some miracle, it didn't smash into a million pieces, and I was able to glue the torn plastic where one of the arms meets the body back together. I haven't even tried to fly it again though, so no idea if it works or not.

Totally not worth it. I knew it was stupid at the time, but I really hoped it would work, so I tried it anyway, and I really regret it.
2019-3-23
Use props
gibsonia
lvl.1

United States

Ace Flysome Posted at 2017-9-9 06:15
The physics of why it would work is this. The propellers are pushing down. There doesn't need to be a surface beneath it for the push to hold it up. The force of air being pushed down against more air will hold the drone in the air. This force will also push it up when going through the window frame as there is a surface to push against, and could cause you to hit the top of the frame even if you have obstacle avoidance disabled. Definitely not recommended.

Bernoulli's principle
2019-4-5
Use props
gibsonia
lvl.1

United States

Bernoulli's principle
2019-4-5
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

This guy will either frighten you or put your mind at ease!

2019-4-5
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

This video is just crazy!!!  It is flown by a highly skilled and lucky pilot.   Do not try this at home!!!
2019-4-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I mean, when we started flying "FPV" we didn't have anti-collision systems at all lol

Technology has some a long way but they've scaled it down and it looks like this.

People started getting good before so they started flying in garages.

This is actual drone footage not sped up.

Flying through a window in sport is possible but I'm not entirely sure because I think the Spark "delays" the input to think.  With racer quads there is Zero delay on the feed and the input so everything is direct.
2019-4-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

2019-4-5
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The safest way to put it is, fly out the window in 3rd person,  then when you are outside use the screen.  When are you coming back stop when you are close like a garage door then fly in w/ 3rd person slowly.

You can prob lean out the Window so the antenna is outside then when it gets GPS press the RTH positiono where the drone is at on the screen.

You may have to disable anti-collision when coming out or it will not go out.  You can do this with Sport mode or in the screen.  It's safer to disable it then fly it in normal out as Sport mode is too fast at times.  It's not the same feel as an FPV racer quad as there is input lag.
2019-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules