Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
An accessory switch on the phantom sure would be nice..
1111 15 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cameracollector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

On my home built DJI quadcopters I have put strobon green and red strobes on that I assigned to a spare switch on my radio.  That was if I lost orientation and did not have home lock enabled, I could flick the strobe on soon find out the orientation. Also very handy when it was a long ways out.

I wish the Phantom 4 had a way to do this. Twice now I have had the app disconnect from the bird, and would not reconnect no matter what. It was 800 meters away. The last time after 10 minutes of staring at the sky I finally spotted it and brought it in.  Both times if I could have flicked on a strobe it would have been a great help. Even when everything is working it would be nice to be able to do this so you can visually check where it is.

It would be great if the P4 had a receiver accessory plug that you could plug in something like a strobe, headlight etc. and assign it to one of the rocker switches.
2017-9-8
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

I think many people would have liked something like that but the P4 is now an obsolete product so I'm sure there won't be any changes to it. There are some third party devices that are triggered via the front led lights being turned off and on. You may want to search for some of those.
2017-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can always buy a set of Lume Cubes with mounts for your Phantom 4.
They are controllable from your device through Bluetooth with their free Go app.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-8
Use props
cameracollector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 807133 ft
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-8 22:05
You can alway buy a set of Lume Cubes with mounts for your Phantom 4.
They are controllable from your device through Bluetooth with the free Go app.

that sounds intriguing, but if they are controllable through blue tooth from the tablet or phone, I would think the range would be very limited - which kind of defeats the purpose..  
2017-9-9
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

JockC Posted at 2017-9-8 19:59
I think many people would have liked something like that but the P4 is now an obsolete product so I'm sure there won't be any changes to it. There are some third party devices that are triggered via the front led lights being turned off and on. You may want to search for some of those.

What 3d party device gets triggered by the front leds?
2017-9-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

cameracollector Posted at 2017-9-9 07:48
that sounds intriguing, but if they are controllable through blue tooth from the tablet or phone, I would think the range would be very limited - which kind of defeats the purpose..

Yes, I'm afraid you are correct. Short distances, are definately the one drawback of most BlueTooth connectivity. It is something that has been discussed and certainly being looked into. To have a much longer direct connection would be ultimate. Hopefully this small drawback gets addressed in near future app updates.
Once that connection has been lost, is doesn't come back automatically, when you return to closer proximity.
All though thee is no real reason to desire that, once the drone takes off to complete its mission.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-9
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Australia

Wpgubaru Posted at 2017-9-9 08:02
What 3d party device gets triggered by the front leds?

I believe that devices like the fishing line dropper (see link below) use the lights to trigger an event. I don't know which particular sensor unit they use but it may give you some clues to track it down. Link is http://www.riseabove.com.au/fish ... anism-for-phantom-4
2017-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JockC Posted at 2017-9-9 16:08
I believe that devices like the fishing line dropper (see link below) use the lights to trigger an event. I don't know which particular sensor unit they use but it may give you some clues to track it down. Link is http://www.riseabove.com.au/fish ... anism-for-phantom-4

Wow, that thing is expensive, especially when you can do it quite simply using just a clothes peg. Nothing electronic required.
2017-9-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-9-9 16:19
Wow, that thing is expensive, especially when you can do it quite simply using just a clothes peg. Nothing electronic required.

LOL....You and I are on the same wavelength, Geebax
2017-9-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-9 16:50
LOL....You and I are on the same wavelength, Geebax

I am not really into fishing, but I watched a guy using the clothes peg technique to get his line out past the breakers from a beach, and it worked brilliantly.
2017-9-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-9-9 16:51
I am not really into fishing, but I watched a guy using the clothes peg technique to get his line out past the breakers from a beach, and it worked brilliantly.

I thought that was what live minnows were for. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-9
Use props
repairman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

does anyone know what voltage goes to the front lights?
2017-9-10
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-9-9 16:51

I agree but it's difficult to get a clothes peg to turn on some green and red strobe lights which is what the OP was after. I don't know what light sensor they use on the fishing line release but it may help him find a suitable product.
2017-9-10
Use props
FredAstra
First Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

Been there, done that.  DJI take note sounds like a great idea..
2017-9-10
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

Train horn on a drone haha. jk.
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_7SJCSSv
Banned

Vietnam