Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera And Gimbal
1407 16 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Squeaky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 885440 ft
Australia

Please Help...... I have now done 85 flights with my new Mavic pro and have had no issus. Its never crashed and has been flown with caution all of the time. However today was like no ordinary day. First two flights no problems then on the 3rd flight took off as normal and all stats were correct and good. Signal was good and GPS was fine. Home point was updated so took off with perstion take of. Well about 2 or so min into the flight and taking pictures switching from pictures  to video. Then all of a suddern the Gimbal and camera start going balistic. Also the contraler becomes unresponsive. I mean what ever movement i did it was like the opposite. I manage to land as it was very close to me but now worried to fly incase it does it again. Any ansawrs or fixes would be good

Thank You
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide us with a video for this case if possible? I would like to check more.
2017-9-8
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks for your response DJI Thor. i have looked through todays footage but am unable to find any recordings of this strange event. Is there any other way i can see what when on like a systems log or something like that. i have the flight record in DJI go 4 app if that helps

Kind Regards

Darren
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Squeaky Posted at 2017-9-9 05:37
Thanks for your response DJI Thor. i have looked through todays footage but am unable to find any recordings of this strange event. Is there any other way i can see what when on like a systems log or something like that. i have the flight record in DJI go 4 app if that helps

Kind Regards

For the gimbal camera issues, it will be better if you could provide a short video about it. Have you tried to calibrate the gimbal? Please have a try, and make sure the firmware is up to date.
2017-9-9
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2
Australia

Hi DJI Diana.

After reading some notes on the forums about this issue i have since today reset the Camera setting and done a gimbal calibrate! However the first Gimbal calibrate failed and said to keep the Aircraft still which may i add was not being touched and was a metre away from me on a flat service. But the second time it seemed to have completely reset correctly. As the weather is a bit rubbish ATM i will endeavour to test it again this week. As you can understand it absolutely freaked me out as i thought i was going to loose my Mavic because i didn't realise that when its doing the Gimbal reset (MID FLIGHT) that you loose all control of the drone
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Squeaky Posted at 2017-9-9 22:36
Hi DJI Diana.

After reading some notes on the forums about this issue i have since today reset the Camera setting and done a gimbal calibrate! However the first Gimbal calibrate failed and said to keep the Aircraft still which may i add was not being touched and was a metre away from me on a flat service. But the second time it seemed to have completely reset correctly. As the weather is a bit rubbish ATM i will endeavour to test it again this week. As you can understand it absolutely freaked me out as i thought i was going to loose my Mavic because i didn't realise that when its doing the Gimbal reset (MID FLIGHT) that you loose all control of the drone

Looking forward to your feedback and hope everything works properly. I think the control of the drone would not get lost when there is only a gimbal question. Please kindly stay calm and control it smoothly.
2017-9-10
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

It is good to read you managed to reset your gimbal settings.
I am with the "system heating crazy freaking" thing and don't manage to calibrate my gimbal.
I am glad you could.
2017-9-11
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2

So its Happening again?

I'v had my Mavic pro for just over a year and have had this issue 3 times now. Once last year after about the 80th flight and twice this week with over 100 flight with no problem.
so the problem is when in flight the image on my screen looks like the drone is rocking side to side as if its falling out of the sky or being attacked from below or by birds etc. It's quite frightening as you think your drone is going down and your going to lose it?  i have re-set the Gimbal and have done Gamble calibrations many times. I also calibrated the drone before first take off of the day. The Mavic Firmware is up to date and for the record THE DRONE HAS NEVER HAD ANY DAMAGE OR CRASHES with a clean flight history. Also when the gimbal does its thing in mid flight, if im recording it stops so i don’t catch any footage of it doing this strange thing. I did catch about a millisecond of the footage which ill upload.

2018-9-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10279997 ft
Canada

video is not available to me, would have liked to see it.
2018-9-9
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-9-9 04:07
video is not available to me, would have liked to see it.

Sorry made the video public now so you should be able to watch it now.

2018-9-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

seems to me that you should adjust the gimbal, or have you tried that?
2018-9-9
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

w

Hi,

I would try and recalibrate your gimbal.

Someone I know had this and he did a IMU recal also and for some reason this fixed his issues.

Hope this helps.
2018-9-9
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2

Mini-G Posted at 2018-9-9 05:34
Hi,

Fortunately I have done both on a few occasions. Something just does not sit right with me about my drone. it fist happened about a year ago. the gimbal went berserk in flight and I had no control of the drone until it had finished doing a gimbal celebration in mid fight. the the other day after 100 more flights the gimbal stared going off centre as if the drone was falling or being knocked of centre. I brought it home straight away. the yesterday I took it up and within minutes it did it again. May I add it wasn't as server as the fist time but still. when the gimbal does this glitch it automatically stops recording just before so I don't get any footage
2018-9-9
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.2

Hi,

Fortunately I have done both on a few occasions. Something just does not sit right with me about my drone. It fist happened about a year ago. The gimbal went berserk in flight and I had no control of the drone until it had finished doing a gimbal celebration in mid fight. The the other day after 100 more flights the gimbal stared going off centre as if the drone was falling or being knocked of centre. I brought it home straight away. Then yesterday I took it up and within minutes it did it again. May I add it wasn't as server as the first time but still. when the gimbal does this glitch it automatically stops recording just before so I don't get any footage
2018-9-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

Hi,

Hey Mini-G I had the same problem and I followed your advice, as it turn out you are right on the button my friend, problems have been resolved, thanks for your input.
2018-9-9
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-9-9 15:37
Hey Mini-G I had the same problem and I followed your advice, as it turn out you are right on the button my friend, problems have been resolved, thanks for your input.

Glad to help!
It’s funny how one thing works for some and not others...
2018-9-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

Mini-G Posted at 2018-9-10 05:52
Glad to help!
It’s funny how one thing works for some and not others...

certainly worked out good for me friend,  thanks again
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules