1844 14 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roy C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4692 ft
Philippines

Hi everyone,

So we have bought another Inspire2 for mapping projects cause the other one has an off centered camera (maybe after updating firmware, I'm not sure) and we dont have the luxury of time to wait for DJI support which is 5 days already but still no response from DJI.

My question now is, should I just leave the defualt firmware in controller camera and aircraft?

Thanks.
2017-9-8
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

The quick suggestion is that do a couple of test flight and verify any deficiency and irregularities. It is all good then load you app and do another test flight. For all intent and purpose when it does it supposed to do, you don't need update.
Just wondering, what FW version on AC and RC for your I2. If still 1 version behind, anyone has a problem with the latest FW may buy a new one for a temporary fix. Don't disrrupt your earning activities.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization to the previous one, but that depends on you. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright. Besides, could you please provide me with your ticket number so I can check more details for you? Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-9
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Philippines

Hi Thor,

I will ask our supplier tomorrow for the ticket number.
2017-9-9
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Philippines

@DTK

That's what we did, bought a new one so not to disrupt our project. I think it is 1 version behind. both the controller and aircraft since it is asking me to update firmware when I activated it this morning.
2017-9-9
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Roy C Posted at 2017-9-9 06:35
@DTK

That's what we did, bought a new one so not to disrupt our project. I think it is 1 version behind. both the controller and aircraft since it is asking me to update firmware when I activated it this morning.

Roy C

I suggest you leave the working firmware at 1 firmware behind ..
2017-9-9
Use props
Ale Reynoso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-9 01:17
We always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization to the previous one, but that depends on you. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright. Besides, could you please provide me with your ticket number so I can check more details for you? Appreciate your patience.

Clearly the latest updates are NOT an optimization. DJI should clear all this
Why the latest firmware is affecting negatively so many i2? mine inclusive
Why there is not the chance to offcially roll back?
2017-9-9
Use props
fanse186c04e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hahahaha, do not talk nonsens, my god, we did not update from the start we did buy the machine.
it fly stil like a dream and the camera gifs us unbeleaveble pictures and video.

Everyone that did updates are now grounded and can not do there job!, or have other problems!!!

Stop talking nonsens.

Every update did make the machine more bad! wy?  DJI needs us to buy the Inspire 3, when the inspire 2 keeps fling like a dream, they wil not buy the inspire 3.
2017-9-9
Use props
Microchips
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3348051 ft
United Kingdom

I must be one of the lucky ones..I have done every firmware update and have had no problems whatsoever the i2 flys like a dream and takes awesome pictures and videos. The range I get is over 3 miles and still sends back 4K video in perfect quality along with raw stills, my only gripe is the rattling props..apart from that I think the quality of the i2 build is pretty good to say it comes out of China lol .
2017-9-10
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fanse186c04e Posted at 2017-9-9 10:56
hahahaha, do not talk nonsens, my god, we did not update from the start we did buy the machine.
it fly stil like a dream and the camera gifs us unbeleaveble pictures and video.

No kidding are these DJI guys in dreamland because the BS is getting deeper with every day of not fixing the problem "they" created..
Gettin thick so put on your rubbers..jpg
2017-9-10
Use props
Roy C
lvl.2
Philippines

Hi Thor,
Can you pm me your e-mail add so we can exchange proper e-mail regarding this matter and what assurance can you give us if the firmware update cause any problem?
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Roy C Posted at 2017-9-10 17:22
Hi Thor,
Can you pm me your e-mail add so we can exchange proper e-mail regarding this matter and what assurance can you give us if the firmware update cause any problem?

Had received your PM and checked your case, the related department had replied to you, please check. If you have any further questions, you can also reply them and we are all willing to help.
2017-9-11
Use props
SBX8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734442 ft
Germany

Hi Roy.

Like it has been said before, don't update before you went flying.

When I got my I2, the app also told me to update the firmware from 01.00.0330 to 01.01.0010. But as it turned out, the bird performed well, so there is no need for me to update.
It's recommended by DJI to always update. But have a look around this forum (or any other). There are loads of complaints about flight stability, crappy video feed and many other issues after having updated.

So, if it flys as you want it to, don't update.

Cheers
Chris
2017-9-13
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I'd agree with this.

Just because the app tells you to update doesn't mean it's a good idea. I have my ipad on airplane mode when connected to to DJI Go4 so that it can't interfere with my I2. You can also turn off auto updates to make sure that the app stays the same release.

Basically my I2 flies great and I'm very worried about updating because of the issues I've been reading about for the past couple of months.

If it isn't broke then why try to fix it.

You could wait for your original I2 to come back from repair and see how it performs with the new firmware then decide if you ever need to update your new one.

The only reason I'd update is if DJI finally release POI or if I want to buy Cedance or CS, which I do want to do.

Even then though I'd wait for a few months to see if there's any issues.

Good luck!
2017-9-13
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Altitude Drones Posted at 2017-9-13 10:18
I'd agree with this.

Just because the app tells you to update doesn't mean it's a good idea. I have my ipad on airplane mode when connected to to DJI Go4 so that it can't interfere with my I2. You can also turn off auto updates to make sure that the app stays the same release.

Now that the Hurricane Irma Passed My Home in Florida, I have  QUESTION for any one who give me an honest answer and is not scared to answer back!!

Why would DJI take away the firmware rollback as promise when we purchased our Inspire 2!!!

why are customers purchasing multiable drones then?
If it is not broken , Leave it alone.

2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules