Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is this a Joke? We can't turn the FAN OFF on the Osmor Pro?
2689 6 2017-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TokyoStreetView
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Just to be clear, there is no freaking way to turn off the FAN on the Osmo Pro like I can turn it off on the Osmo???? How on hell I am able to record sound when the only thing we can hear in the background is the fan noise?!?!?

2017-9-8
Use props
hungry cup
New

Germany

I have the same problem. The raw is even louder. If you have sound postproduction you can eliminate the backround noise quite good.
2017-9-9
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

Sorry. If the fan is turn off at any time, the camera bursts into fire. It is really too hot to handle. Separate sound recording is really the only way. Plus the sound recording in osmo is not up to pro standard anyway.
2017-9-9
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.3
  • >>>
Japan

hungry cup Posted at 2017-9-9 03:19
I have the same problem. The raw is even louder. If you have sound postproduction you can eliminate the backround noise quite good.

Any tips on how you would do so?
2017-9-9
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.3
  • >>>
Japan

DTK Posted at 2017-9-9 13:18
Sorry. If the fan is turn off at any time, the camera bursts into fire. It is really too hot to handle. Separate sound recording is really the only way. Plus the sound recording in osmo is not up to pro standard anyway.

The Osmo pro is somehow a GH4 shooting at 60mbps instead of 100 and crammed in a small form factor. Now I am not sure if you ever used a GH4 (I owned 3 of them), but the heat dissipation is not that all rocket science and there are no annoying fans in the camera. Yet I could record up to 256GB worth of video without the camera melting, I am sure that at DJI they could have done something that could drastically decrease the noise of the fan. Just by designing correctly the case and flow of the air you could decrease the noise while still having the fan on. Or even better you could have the fan set on variable speed. 20 to 40% speed decrease when recording and 100 or more when on idle, as well as returning to 100% before overheating, like on the X3.

Now, recording separately, sure, in an ideal condition when you have a bunch of guys with you and a boom mic, but then why would I want a cheap Osmo when I could do better with the GH4/GH5 A7SII... mounted on a Gimbal??
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DTK is right about the fans in Osmo Pro, it cannot be turned off at the moment in order to protect the camera and lens to ensure footage quality.
We will keep improving our products to make you have a good experience with it, we are sorry for the inconvenience that has been brought.
2017-9-10
Use props
adamjeal
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, can anyone tell me if they have had a satisfactory resolution to this?
2019-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules