Should have left it alone.....
1592 19 2015-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Getting everything charged up, calibrating the Phantom 2 and RC. I was using the RC assistant and noticed a firmware update. V 1.0.2.26. So I updated it. Ran calibrations again. Noticed the gimbal wheel was acting different. When rolling down, the calibration cursor would go all the way to the left to 1000 then shoot to the far right to -1000. When I rolled the wheel up, the cursor would move to the right normally and register -1000.
When trying to tilt the gimbal it did not want to tilt down. If I barely roll the wheel down, the gimbal will tilt down. Wish I had the old firmware. I don't even know what version it was. CRAP!!!
2015-4-2
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Ray,
If it is only the RC you think you Fubarred, try the manual calibration...
Remote Calibration.gif
2015-4-2
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Thank you Northofthe49th!! That worked beautifully. Saving that attachment.
2015-4-2
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-3 08:50
Thank you Northofthe49th!! That worked beautifully.

Glad to help, i picked that off here from Gerry a while ago and saved it...
Thanks G!
2015-4-2
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Thanks G!
2015-4-2
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

and thanks Gerry! You both got me out of a bind!
2015-4-2
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-3 08:44
Ray,
If it is only the RC you think you Fubarred, try the manual calibration...

One minor glitch came to light after going out and getting ready to fly. Started up the motors, went to throttle up......nothing. Motors revved up some but not near enough for takeoff. Went down to detent to cut motors off...nope. Got it shut down with CSC. Tried again....same thing, no throttle. Hooked up the laptop to run RC assistant and found RC was in Mode 1. Switched to mode 2, calibrated and everything was normal. Not sure if the manual calibration caused this or I accidentally did it prior to the manual cal. Anyway, all is good and had a good flying day. Thanks again. I don't know what I would do without this forum. The wiki and documentation doesn't have all the answers.
2015-4-4
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Ray,

Where's the video????

Jerry
2015-4-4
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-4 20:55
Ray,

Where's the video????

Lol....haven't had time to even look at them yet Jerry. Right now is coffee time. Don't know if I'll be flying today....gusty front blowing in this morning.
2015-4-4
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-4 21:04
Lol....haven't had time to even look at them yet Jerry. Right now is coffee time. Don't know if I'l ...

That'll give you plenty of time to process some vids/pics! Yeah, the wind here has been awful for the past week 20-50mph. I get windows of opportunities every now and again to get through a battery or two. Seems like most of the time I'm looking out the window to see if branches are moving! Enjoy the morning Joe.

Jerry
2015-4-4
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Going to Houston to spend Easter with my big brother and his wife on Sunday. Hopefully I'll have some good weather so I can show it off to him. When I was around 8 I got a Cox model airplane with an .049 engine for Xmas. I had a cold at the time and mom would not let me go out and fly it. My brother snuck it out without me knowing and crashed it into pieces. I will remind him of that if he wants to fly my Phantom....
2015-4-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-4 20:12
One minor glitch came to light after going out and getting ready to fly. Started up the motors, wen ...

Ray,
Thanks for the update and good catch for sure, the Switch to Mode 1 during the upgrade is bizarre and may be something to mention to others to check in the future when upgrading. This is the second instance I have heard of this happening but definitely not the norm.
Happy Flying and Happy Easter!
2015-4-4
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-4 21:21
Going to Houston to spend Easter with my big brother and his wife on Sunday. Hopefully I'll have som ...

Better yet, stop on the way and pick up a Husban X4 ($50). When you pull out the Phantom hand him the X4. Tell him he has to learn with that first! Have a great Easter.

Jerry
2015-4-4
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

You too Jerry. I do have a Syma x5-c I am thinking about taking. Pure manual mode...he'd crash that for sure..
2015-4-4
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-4-4 21:23
Ray,
Thanks for the update and good catch for sure, the Switch to Mode 1 during the upgrade is biz ...

I thought I had all the updates until I looked at the RC assistant software. I was hesitant to update but did it anyway. And when it went wonky, I ran the update again. I think it threw some bad numbers into the gimbal control because the software would not calibrate it. After the manual cal, the RC assistant works normally now.
2015-4-4
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-4 20:55
Ray,

Where's the video????

Managed to get out yesterday evening after the wind died down.....

http://youtu.be/NfVpieuC4Vk
2015-4-5
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-5 20:48
Managed to get out yesterday evening after the wind died down.....

http://youtu.be/NfVpieuC4Vk

Neat vid, Ray! Dig the Church. I think we're a few of the lucky ones with a little room to fly. I'd hate to have to fly these things in a suburb. Have a Happy Easter with your Brother and Family.

Jerry
2015-4-5
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-5 21:10
Neat vid, Ray! Dig the Church. I think we're a few of the lucky ones with a little room to fly. I' ...

Thanks....I am still a little hesitant about flying in the area knowing some of the neighbors I have. I can hear it now, "Ethel! Get the shotgun! There's one of them spy drones flying around the house".
2015-4-5
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-6 10:09
Thanks....I am still a little hesitant about flying in the area knowing some of the neighbors I ha ...

Yeah, I know the feeling. I actually went out and talked to a few of my nieghbors first just because they might really do it!

Jerry
2015-4-5
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-6 10:09
Thanks....I am still a little hesitant about flying in the area knowing some of the neighbors I ha ...

Yeah, I know the feeling. I actually went out and talked to a few of my nieghbors first just because they might really do it!

Jerry
2015-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules