Using Google Map
1979 4 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike_flight1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
United States

Has anyone figured out how to use Goggle Off Line Map on a Ipad with the goggles. At our flying field a pilot lost his plane in the trees. It would have been nice to put a pin when we located it. I don't have WIFI out there but don't want to was the money getting it for just a once in a while thing......Suggestion???
2017-9-9
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

He lost his plane or his Mavic?
You can get the last GPS coordinates from the flight log or even better, if there is still juice in the battery: You take a photo now with the Mavic's camera and then look at the GPS coordinates in the photo.
These GPS coordinates you type into Google Maps.
Or you install a nifty GPS app on your mobile device and then go chasing for the GPS coordinates of the aircraft.
But without Internet out there, I don't know how you want to locate the aircraft.
Otherwise you ask someone on this forum to analyze the flight data in your mobile device, to locate the exact crash site of the aircraft.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Internet is helpful to confirm the location of lost drone. You can check the last GPS coordinates of flight records. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the support: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i kind of understand what is happening here!   you want to have google maps integrated into the app so you can drop a pin on locations that need investigating and collaborate your efforts in recovery, basically right?

i am very hopeful that dji will give us all google maps offline, on both platforms, but it seems dji for reasons that baffle me and most people, don't want to use a free api service...google totally allows it, apple even allows use offline google maps and api's and resources across apps..andriod most definitely allows it..    but it seems dji have decided they want to be RETARDED and use apple maps on iOS (which is not that great!) and here maps on android (the single worst in the world)
2017-9-17
Use props
BrentPeter
New

Nigeria

consider downloading the area in advance while connected to Wi-Fi and then use it offline to mark the location with a pin when needed.

2023-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules