BRICKED SPARK CONTROLLER!!!
3914 29 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

This is so so so ridiculous.  A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE HAD THEIR $150 CONTROLLER (FOR THE SPARK) BRICKED (BE MADE UNRESPONSIVE) during a firmware update. Including me!!!! And the responses from DJI in these forums to each instance is very pretensive because in each case they are replying as though  it's the first time they are hearing about this particular issue. IF DJI RECEIVED messages from at least 50 DIFFERENT customers about the EXACT SAME PROBLEM why are they acting as though they never heard about that problem and replying to each person as though their case is an usual one?? THIS BRICKED RC PROBLEM IS NOT UNUSUAL!! SO ADDRESS CUSTOMERS AND LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM, DON'T PRETEND LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!! I live in the Caribbean, sending my RC back for repair or replacement is not as easy as if I lived in the U.S.
2017-9-9
Use props
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

They just keep responding with these STUPID IRRELEVANT VIDEOS. This bricked RC problem is a very big problem that many many people are experiencing. And DJI's response in these forums is so very poor and pathetic!!! ARE THEIR RESPONSES AUTOMATED OR SOMETHING?? -___-
2017-9-9
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Wileantz Posted at 2017-9-9 06:46
They just keep responding with these STUPID IRRELEVANT VIDEOS. This bricked RC problem is a very big problem that many many people are experiencing. And DJI's response in these forums is so very poor and pathetic!!!  ARE THEIR RESPONSES AUTOMATED OR SOMETHING?? -___-

Man this is know issue try that link is the solution for your problem...
2017-9-9
Use props
rmd610
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85200 ft
United States

If your trying to update with an Android you may need the older version of DJI GO 4 app ...available on akmairror website (search my older posts). If you can, update with an Apple device.
2017-9-9
Use props
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

You guys are addressing a DIFFERENT ISSUE. The problem is I am talking about is that the CONTEOLLER's wifi in NOT showing up at all. That is the problem. I am not talking about having difficulty updating the firmware. The problem here is about the CONTROLLER BEING IN A BRICKED STATE because of issues with a previous firmware update. The wifi signal for the CONTROLLER in now nowhere to be found for MANY PEOPLE.
2017-9-9
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Did you try to reset the wifi by holding down the power button for 9 seconds?
2017-9-9
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Also the term "bricked" is being thrown around a little too loose. Essentially a bricked remote wouldn't even turn on or show any signs of life, hence bricked. Also try to reset it to factory firmware maybe.
2017-9-9
Use props
Tim1985
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32641 ft
United States

Rawsome Posted at 2017-9-9 10:45
Also the term "bricked" is being thrown around a little too loose. Essentially a bricked remote wouldn't even turn on or show any signs of life, hence bricked. Also try to reset it to factory firmware maybe.

Just sent mine back in. Firmware made the remote lose its wifi broadcast. Should of went mavic. At least most of the bugs are worked out.
2017-9-9
Use props
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

Yes, I agree. I know the term 'BRICKED' means TOTALLY UNRESPONSIVE. So I know it's not being used absolutely accurately. But honestly and technically, it's actually as good as bricked with this problem because it is totally useless with no access to the wifi. And that is why the term BRICKED is essentually being used because the RC is good for NOTHING at this point. And what do you mean "try to reset it to factory firmware" ??? HOW? HOW?? How can that be done? None of us know... We have been asking DJI over and over and all they keep doing is posting links to videos of how to RESET THE DRONE (NOT THE RC). We are looking and searching and asking and begging for a solution and NOTHING!!! :/
2017-9-9
Use props
Wileantz
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

Rawsome Posted at 2017-9-9 10:43
Did you try to reset the wifi by holding down the power button for 9 seconds?

YUP! Still nothing.. All you get is the triple beep and that's it.. Doesn't make a single difference... Problem still exists. And again, I am totally not the only one.
2017-9-9
Use props
truong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16680 ft
Singapore

I have the same problem with the RC after the firmware upgrade failed. It seems there is no solution for now and the RC needs returning back for checking and repairing.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Wileantz Posted at 2017-9-9 21:03
YUP! Still nothing.. All you get is the triple beep and that's it.. Doesn't make a single difference... Problem still exists. And again, I am totally not the only one.

Are you able to power it off/on? What is the light status of the RC? If the light in the left is blinking red, please wait about 2-3 minutes, then check the light status again. Try to search the WiFi again if the light turns into solid red or solid green.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Tim1985 Posted at 2017-9-9 18:22
Just sent mine back in. Firmware made the remote lose its wifi broadcast. Should of went mavic. At least most of the bugs are worked out.

Sorry to hear that, we'll take care of it after it arrives, hope everything goes smoothly, should you have any further questions about this case, please provide us with your case number, we'd like to check it for you.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

truong Posted at 2017-9-9 21:56
I have the same problem with the RC after the firmware upgrade failed. It seems there is no solution for now and the RC needs returning back for checking and repairing.

Hi, there, please try to press and hold the power button for 9 seconds to reset the WiFi,  and check the light status of the RC, wait about 2-3 minutes if the light on the left is blinking red. See if it can turn into solid red or not.
2017-9-9
Use props
truong
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-9 22:36
Hi, there, please try to press and hold the power button for 9 seconds to reset the WiFi,  and check the light status of the RC, wait about 2-3 minutes if the light on the left is blinking red. See if it can turn into solid red or not.

I already tried 9 seconds reset. already waited for more than 30 mins, the led light kept blinking in red forever. My RC was sent to Hong Kong several days before. It arrived on Sept 06 according to UPS but no update from DJI so far. Please let me know when it would be repaired?
2017-9-10
Use props
fans7e71b58d
New
Germany

Same problem here
2017-9-10
Use props
fans7e71b58d
New
Germany

Android device installed the latest version of dji go4 app,  RC firmware was downloaded, Android device re-connected with RC, firmware upload started. Halfway through the connection was interrupted. After that the RC WiFi was dead, never came back.

I tried the 9 sec reboot several times, to no effect. When the RC is switched on, the red light blinks but nothing more.

No connection of the RC with my spark, too, since then.

Help would be appreciated.
2017-9-10
Use props
Reliable Joe
New
South Africa

Hi there, so i spent 3 days figuring all of this out but it is fairly simple when you get it all right. So assuming that you are using the latest DJI GO 4 app. this is where it all went wrong. use the app to update your drone and batteries. then delete the app. download the APK mirror of the old apphttps://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/ . use this version to fly the drone as per normal with your remote. it will prompt you to update the app and it will tell you that there is a firmware update for your RC but ignore it and just GO Fly. if you struggle to enter your device, clear the Cache on your app and it should come right. hope it works, after 3 days i finally nailed it and could fly my drone for the first time.
2017-9-10
Use props
truong
lvl.2
Singapore

Reliable Joe Posted at 2017-9-10 13:02
Hi there, so i spent 3 days figuring all of this out but it is fairly simple when you get it all right. So assuming that you are using the latest DJI GO 4 app. this is where it all went wrong. use the app to update your drone and batteries. then delete the app. download the APK mirror of the old apphttps://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/ . use this version to fly the drone as per normal with your remote. it will prompt you to update the app and it will tell you that there is a firmware update for your RC but ignore it and just GO Fly. if you struggle to enter your device, clear the Cache on your app and it should come right. hope it works, after 3 days i finally nailed it and could fly my drone for the first time.

I think your problem is different from ours. You can still connect to the RC but not be able to upgrade its firmware. Our problem is that the WIFI of the RC disappears so there is no way to connect to it.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

truong Posted at 2017-9-10 04:21
I already tried 9 seconds reset. already waited for more than 30 mins, the led light kept blinking in red forever. My RC was sent to Hong Kong several days before. It arrived on Sept 06 according to UPS but no update from DJI so far. Please let me know when it would be repaired?

Could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it and escalate it?
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans7e71b58d Posted at 2017-9-10 06:48
Android device installed the latest version of dji go4 app,  RC firmware was downloaded, Android device re-connected with RC, firmware upload started. Halfway through the connection was interrupted. After that the RC WiFi was dead, never came back.

I tried the 9 sec reboot several times, to no effect. When the RC is switched on, the red light blinks but nothing more.

In this case, you may need to send the  RC in for diagnosis and repair. Please refer to the link below to contact the Support to start a repair case. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-10
Use props
truong
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-10 22:13
Could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it and escalate it?

My case number is: CAS-946328-W7N7V1. The UPS tracking number is 1Z2F35900429017201.
2017-9-10
Use props
djiuser_6wTB0zd
New
Germany

How can the dead Wifi be repaired? Will it be absolutely necessary to send in the defective RC, or do the people at dji have a fix that can be applied by the customer?
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

truong Posted at 2017-9-10 22:50
My case number is: CAS-946328-W7N7V1. The UPS tracking number is 1Z2F35900429017201.

Thanks, I've forwarded it to our appropriate team to escalate it, hope it can be sorted out shortly.
2017-9-10
Use props
djiuser_6wTB0zd
New
Germany

Is there a fix which can be applied by the individual spark RC user or does any bricked RC controller have to be sent in?

Please, dji, react and respond!
2017-9-11
Use props
fans6c65823b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wileantz Posted at 2017-9-9 06:46
They just keep responding with these STUPID IRRELEVANT VIDEOS. This bricked RC problem is a very big problem that many many people are experiencing. And DJI's response in these forums is so very poor and pathetic!!!  ARE THEIR RESPONSES AUTOMATED OR SOMETHING?? -___-

that's true about the videos thing! they done that to me too even though i told them i've already done that...
2017-9-11
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Hope you are able to resolve your RC issues and get flying again.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

truong Posted at 2017-9-10 04:21

Did you try relinking the remote after this step? It is worth while trying to complete that process before sending in for a repair.
2017-9-19
Use props
truong
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-19 07:02
Did you try relinking the remote after this step? It is worth while trying to complete that process before sending in for a repair.

Hi,

I tried already, after 9-second reset, nothing changed to the RC. It wouldn't connect to the Spark (relink didn't work). Resetting Spark's WIFI before linking didn't help.

My case is already solved. Got a completely new RC as a replacement after DJI inspected the faulty one I sent.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJ Russell
New

Canada

Also the term "bricked" is being thrown around a little too loose. Essentially a bricked remote wouldn't even turn on or show any signs of life, hence bricked. Also try to reset it to factory firmware maybe.

My Spark controller is Bricked!!. It was working fine a week ago and now does not show any signs of life.  Nothing happens when I try to charge, no lights come on at all.
2019-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules