Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera? gone haywire mid flight
2275 19 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Quadfather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,

This just happened - dont seem like the Mavic moved - just seems like the Gimbal resetted or whatever it did just after getting severly out of focus for some reason - i was just flying in a straight line:

2017-9-9
Use props
The Quadfather
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

ALso pressed RTH so there seemed not to be anything wrong with the connection and a bit windy but no warnings at all - But it was my 99th flight so wonder whats gonna happen in the next one...  scary stuff!
2017-9-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

These dji quads are basically flying computers, and computers randomly reboot, freeze up,ect.ect. Reboot everything and try a couple of low level flights. It looks like a hiccup to me?
2017-9-9
Use props
BumblerBee
First Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Yes, it is a camera/gimbal calibration procedure following a camera platform reboot. Commonly known as "gimbal gone wild". Strange that you managed to record it - reboot usually stops recording.
2017-9-9
Use props
Krevvy
First Officer
Flight distance : 77493 ft
United Kingdom

What firmware is that? (This was supposed to be fixed in the latest)
2017-9-9
Use props
The Quadfather
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Krevvy Posted at 2017-9-9 08:33
What firmware is that? (This was supposed to be fixed in the latest)

01.03.1000 so no its not fixed
2017-9-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

The Quadfather Posted at 2017-9-9 08:36
01.03.1000 so no its not fixed

Great, this is fun with the goggles on. Have barf bag at the ready.

Mine always stops recording & then it'll usually disconnect. It disconnects with BOTH the goggles and DJI GO 4 on several Android devices.

READ:  DISCONNECTS WITH DJI GOGGLES also when this gimbal BS occurs.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Try to refresh the firmware, then calibrate the gimbal, see if it is better. Besides, how often does this issue happen?
2017-9-9
Use props
The Quadfather
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-9 20:39
Try to refresh the firmware, then calibrate the gimbal, see if it is better. Besides, how often does this issue happen?

One time and I really hope it won't happen again - flew today and no issues - and today was my one hundred flight - calls for a cold one
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The Quadfather Posted at 2017-9-10 10:17
One time and I really hope it won't happen again - flew today and no issues - and today was my one hundred flight - calls for a cold one

Hope so, should you have any further questions about it, please feel free to let us know.
2017-9-10
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

BumblerBee Posted at 2017-9-9 07:59
Yes, it is a camera/gimbal calibration procedure following a camera platform reboot. Commonly known as "gimbal gone wild". Strange that you managed to record it - reboot usually stops recording.

You are right, but I've seen another video like this one. Recording while getting crazy!
Really weird.
2017-9-11
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

It's been happening for sure and regardless of FW version.
If you haven't experienced it yet it's coming and don't panic.
2017-9-11
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I've had this happen to me once so far (35 flights). I was able to catch the whole procedure on camera as well and the gimbal seemed to calibrate a bit off center when it settled. I agree that this appears to be a random bug that seems to not interfere with the actual control of the drone (thankfully). But yes, I was wearing Goggles and it kind of freaked me out when it happened. Thought at first it was a bird strike.
2017-9-14
Use props
Tigersnail
New
Panama

My brand new Mavic did the same after maybe ten flights (0 crashes), only it did not recover. I flew home with the compass and landed safely. A little later it went into Gimbal Motor Overload Error. Since I'm not living in the country where I bought it nobody feels responsible for the warranty.  Has anybody experiences with either of the problems?
2017-9-22
Use props
UAVXTC
New
Flight distance : 31217 ft
United Kingdom

Got the same problem with my 4 day old MP, it's been with DJI for two weeks for analysis. It's been a nightmare.
2017-9-22
Use props
UAVXTC
New
Flight distance : 31217 ft
United Kingdom

My 4 day old MP done the same thing but violently shook so bad, the gimbal mount broke in flight and the cable smoked!  Dji now had it for 2 weeks, no progression. Last DJI product I buy. I should of just burned the £1100. Thread running on the MavicPilots dot Com Forum
2017-9-22
Use props
YouserName
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185892 ft
United Kingdom

Tigersnail Posted at 2017-9-22 10:49
My brand new Mavic did the same after maybe ten flights (0 crashes), only it did not recover. I flew home with the compass and landed safely. A little later it went into Gimbal Motor Overload Error. Since I'm not living in the country where I bought it nobody feels responsible for the warranty.  Has anybody experiences with either of the problems?

My Mavic has had the gimbal reset every flight since it was unboxed. On the same boat as you, bought from China. I did however get offered a replacement or refund but I would have to cover the shipping costs which is about £45/50.

Hopefully doesn't end up like yours and not recover. Hoping for a FW update to fix the issue.

I have a thread on here where DJI have said that they're aware of the problem and are currently working on a fix.
2017-9-22
Use props
Tigersnail
New
Panama

YouserName Posted at 2017-9-22 12:09
My Mavic has had the gimbal reset every flight since it was unboxed. On the same boat as you, bought from China. I did however get offered a replacement or refund but I would have to cover the shipping costs which is about £45/50.

Hopefully doesn't end up like yours and not recover. Hoping for a FW update to fix the issue.

Let's hope they'll find one - soon.  Some say it helps to change the gimbal ribbon cable. But on a brand new device?
Anyhow,  I'd be a step further if DJI US would recognise my case.
2017-9-22
Use props
andry_shin
lvl.1
Indonesia

YouserName Posted at 2017-9-22 12:09

i use mavic since firmware .700/ .800..? mine also get that issue.. i think quite a lot video showing this issue.. should be noticeable by dji.. yet its already firmware .1000 not yet fixed...

update again firmware, recal gimbal n pray to randomness n hope it would happen again..
2017-9-23
Use props
YouserName
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185892 ft
United Kingdom

Gimbal resets at exactly the same point?
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules