Download high res copies of dji go 4 mini movies
1852 9 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sparkylee
New
United States

Hello,

I love the 10 second mini movies that are created in the DJI Go 4 app when you use the preset flying modes in the app while flying (helix, dronie, etc) - however when I insert my SD card into my computer the video files from those shots aren't edited and are simply regular video shots without the slow motion effects.

Is there a way for me to download high resolution EDITED copies of these 10 second videos? I can only seem to access them on my phone and when I download them to Google Drive they are very poor quality. I'd really like to use the edited versions from the app in a compilation video.

Thanks!
2017-9-9
Use props
Burak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49731 ft
Turkey

Good question. Can anybody answer that?
I also wonder if the 10 second clips are done using cached and lower res phone files or the original ones from the drone (sd card) itself?
2017-9-9
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Once the video is edited I believe you can download it with the original clips from the sd card - just takes some time.
2017-9-10
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

I tried uploading my short clips on YouTube that's from the Djigo and quality is not so great.
2017-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

These are only cache recordings. Only the original files stored on the SD-Card inside the Spark can provide the full quality.
2017-9-10
Use props
sparkylee
New
United States

Thanks everyone. The only issue is that the original copies on the SD card are not 'edited' - simply the regular format videos of the aforementioned AI flight modes. I'd love to be able to save full resolution copies of the edited versions but it doesn't sound like that's possible today

Feature Request??
2017-9-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

sparkylee Posted at 2017-9-11 07:54
Thanks everyone. The only issue is that the original copies on the SD card are not 'edited' - simply the regular format videos of the aforementioned AI flight modes. I'd love to be able to save full resolution copies of the edited versions but it doesn't sound like that's possible today  

Feature Request??

Sorry for not being able to give advice on that since I don't know how the App editor works and what it saves where. I always use the original FHD files and a more sophisticated Video editor on my PC.
Others here might know better and can help you.
2017-9-11
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

would creating the 10sec video from the Original files work?  

You download the original file (from spark via go4 app) and create the 10sec video from that file?  
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The 10 second clips are made of the video cache, instead of the original videos of SD card. Professional editing software is recommended to edit the quality files.  
2017-9-17
Use props
Alanzalander
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93009 ft
Germany

I was very happy in the beginning seeing the video editor functions in the go4 app. But I got disappointed when I learned that the edited video is saved only in reduced resolution. I don't know if you all use this editor or the album. Anyway, at the point where I wanted to download the original file from the AC I was disappointed again in how slow the transfer over wifi is. The average rate for me is ~700kB/s and thus it takes 5 times the playing time of the clip to transfer it.
So, what transfer speeds do you achieve, and do you use it at all?
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules