Osmo Pro lens tests
3222 14 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Osmo lover
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone tested any other lenses than the ones listed on the DJI website?

I know Dji says to only use the ones they list, but one would think that any lens 137g or less should work, right??

I am most intrested in
PANASONIC LUMIX G FISHEYE LENS, 8MM, F3.5
Rokinon RMC9-MFT RMC     
YI 42.5mm F1.8
     Thanks.

2017-9-9
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

To me within a week Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 UMC Fish-eye Micro 4/3 will come by mail. He has a lot of weight (197 grams), but I want to take a chance and check it out. By the result I will report to everyone who is interested.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We still suggest to use the lens in our compatible list, it is not about the weight, but also the balancing, gimbal stabilization and footage quality.
Hope other users with rich experience could provide more valuable suggestions.
2017-9-10
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

Hello,

Here a list from Inspirepilots.com.

This is very helpfull.
2017-9-10
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-10 01:00
We still suggest to use the lens in our compatible list, it is not about the weight, but also the balancing, gimbal stabilization and footage quality.
Hope other users with rich experience could provide more valuable suggestions.

Today I received by mail a Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 lens. The weight of it without both covers 175 grams, balancing is normal without additional settings. As if he was specially made for this camera. The sharpness of this lens is good. I'm satisfied.
2017-9-10
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

Lepi Posted at 2017-9-10 04:27
Today I received by mail a Samyang 7.5mm f/3.5 lens. The weight of it without both covers 175 grams, balancing is normal without additional settings. As if he was specially made for this camera. The sharpness of this lens is good. I'm satisfied.

True, there is one important nuance. The lens is installed in the bayonet in the wrong position. The blend overlaps part of the image, because the camera's bayonet is rotated 90 degrees, unlike Panasonic or Olympus. Who came up with this position of the bayonet in the Osmo X5 camera? It remains to be surprised at the inventiveness of JI engineers. Well done! Make it inconvenient to install lenses from another manufacturer - this is a worthy occupation! If Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14‑42mm 1:3.5‑5.6 EZ PANCAKE installation of the lens does not cause any special problems, because the lens hood is missing, then on the SAMYANG MF 7.5 mm f/3.5 lens, the lens hood becomes 90 degrees relative to the norm. Thanks to the manufacturer of the camera for additional troubles. I had to change the mount of the bayonet and the attachment of the lens hood, so that the lens would fit into the camera's bayonet correctly. And how others will install the lens? Or this camera for folk craftsmen like me? Great!
2017-9-10
Use props
Svarteld
lvl.2
Sweden

The Laowa 7.5/2 is wonderful and works, if you start up with a compatible lens and switch it.
2017-9-10
Use props
MenSch0r
lvl.3
Switzerland

I have the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14‑42mm with the balancing ring and it works. But, for installing, it is very very very high two not the best. Because, you will have scratches on the X5. Problem is the width from the Olympus.
2017-9-10
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

MenSch0r Posted at 2017-9-10 22:31
I have the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14‑42mm with the balancing ring and it works. But, for installing, it is very very very high two not the best. Because, you will have scratches on the X5. Problem is the width from the Olympus.

I bought myself such a lens M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14‑42mm 1:3.5‑5.6 EZ PANCAKE. It is perfectly installed and does not create any problems with its dimensions. Pancake obviously better suited to our cell. Balancing is achieved by adapter rings and filters.
2017-9-10
Use props
Osmo lover
lvl.1
United States

I also found this. It is the PANASONIC LUMIX G VARIO LENS, 45-150MM, F4.0-5.6 ASPH
So I guess the hebrew trinity for the Osmo Pro/Raw/,  X5 S/R would be

PANASONIC LUMIX G VARIO LENS, 7-14MM, F4.0 ASPH
Olympus 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 EZ
PANASONIC LUMIX G VARIO LENS, 45-150MM, F4.0-5.6 ASPH
2017-9-12
Use props
Osmo lover
lvl.1
United States

On a I1P

On a I1P

2017-9-12
Use props
Osmo lover
lvl.1
United States

Lepi Posted at 2017-9-10 08:06
True, there is one important nuance. The lens is installed in the bayonet in the wrong position. The blend overlaps part of the image, because the camera's bayonet is rotated 90 degrees, unlike Panasonic or Olympus. Who came up with this position of the bayonet in the Osmo X5 camera? It remains to be surprised at the inventiveness of JI engineers. Well done! Make it inconvenient to install lenses from another manufacturer - this is a worthy occupation! If Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14‑42mm 1:3.5‑5.6 EZ PANCAKE installation of the lens does not cause any special problems, because the lens hood is missing, then on the SAMYANG MF 7.5 mm f/3.5 lens, the lens hood becomes 90 degrees relative to the norm. Thanks to the manufacturer of the camera for additional troubles. I had to change the mount of the bayonet and the attachment of the lens hood, so that the lens would fit into the camera's bayonet correctly. And how others will install the lens? Or this camera for folk craftsmen like me? Great!

Wow. so did you rotate the lens mount 90 degrees? Or the lens hood?
2017-9-12
Use props
Osmo lover
lvl.1
United States

Bump, Bumping up his post.
2017-9-16
Use props
Lepi
lvl.4
Russia

Osmo lover Posted at 2017-9-12 13:34
Wow. so did you rotate the lens mount 90 degrees? Or the lens hood?

First I turned the lens mount on the lens by 120 degrees. It is mounted on three screws, so it will not work otherwise. Then I removed the decorative washer on the front side of the lens and under it I found 4 screws for attaching the lens hood. Drilled in the blend new holes and turned it 30 degrees back. And it turned out as a result of 90 degrees.
2017-9-16
Use props
fansb5ad5e1b
New

Peru

Lepi Posted at 2017-9-10 04:27

Hiciste alguna modificacion al lente o simplemente lo coloco en el dji osmo y funciono?
2022-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules