DJI go4 app shows connected, no ssid
999 8 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Metoleous
New
United States

Okay I turn everything on, the Drone, the controller, start the DJI go 4 app(samsung tab E)and it shows connected. Everything works fine, video,sensors, gps... everything. But there's no acft ssid in the tablets Wi-Fi settings page. This started after the latest go 4 update. I'm not too worried about it as everything works wonderfully, flies great. Great pics and video. Just wonder if anybody else has had this happen
2017-9-9
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

So you were seeing an SSID before?
It could be that with the latest update DJI has chose to not transmit the SSID.  From a security standpoint it makes hacking the WiFi a bit harder if you don't know or can't see the SSID.  Either way, it's my understanding that the connection is between the RC and the UAV not your phone/tablet.  The connection to the mobile device is made through the USB connection from the controller, I could have that wrong but I believe that is the case.
Bottom-line I don't think this is a problem, unless you were doing something with the system beyond the standard.
2017-9-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

What aircraft do you have?
2017-9-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Geebax, probably the P4P since he's in GO 4
2017-9-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-9 16:16
Geebax, probably the P4P since he's in GO 4

Yeah, that's why I asked the question, becuase the P4P does not use WiFi, so therefore there will be no SSID.
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

The P4P does not use WiFi, are you referring to your P3S and DJI GO? If yes, please try to reset the WiFi.
2017-9-9
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-9 19:02
The P4P does not use WiFi, are you referring to your P3S and DJI GO? If yes, please try to reset the WiFi.

In use with Go app 3.1.xx and not with the Go app 4.1.xx ? or can i use the Go app 4.1.xx with the P3S too? i think i can not.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-17 11:27
In use with Go app 3.1.xx and not with the Go app 4.1.xx ? or can i use the Go app 4.1.xx with the P3S too? i think i can not.

Can't, the P3S isn't compatible with DJI GO 4.
2017-9-18
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

...then i was correct,thanks Diana. Can anybody of the software engineers can implement active track to the P3 series ? FW and Go app?
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules