Can't take off in NFZ, but on old firmware
760 6 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill Drones
lvl.4
United States

I'm sure this was covered somewhere before, but the search on this website is not working with me. Here's the deal...

I am on a firmware version from the end of last year, and have not upgraded since, as I was concerned about not being able to take off in a NFZ. Now, before you Nancys get on my case about flying in a NFZ, I have permission from the airport....

My questions is, if I have not upgraded my firmware since they started this rule, is there something in the DJI Go app that is preventing me from taking off? I was using a non-internet-connected device before, and never had issues. Now, I am using my phone on LTE, and it prevents me from taking off at all in red zones. My other question is, if I have permission from the airport, how long does it take to get the no take off allowed, overridden by DJI, if I contact that flysafe email? Is it instant, or do they get back to you after X number of days/weeks/months. I have another trip coming up that I have permission for an airport, and I don't want to be stuck waiting for DJI to get back to me on this, before my trip ends.

Any input is greatly appreciated!
2017-9-9
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

I'm in a NFZ area and I can fly after the latest updates. It's even easier than before actually. Now, all I do is check off a couple of boxes and away I go. I think not updating is causing problems for you? I also use my LTE-only device but that should not be a hindrance since flights can be made in Airplane mode.
2017-9-9
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... use again a non-internet-connected device!  Or simply switch phone to airplane mode...
2017-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Up to 24 hours.
2017-9-9
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

What app version? You'll need to logon to Dji Go4 and you should be able to fly again, it's a one time activation.
2017-9-9
Use props
Bill Drones
lvl.4
United States

Ah, ok! I'll try these suggestions. Thank you all very much!

So you guys all think it is safe to just update to the latest firmware too?
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Normally, the Fly Safe team will your email within 2 working days. Have you sent email to flysafe@dji.com? If yes, please provide me your ticket number, I'll escalate it.
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules