No thrills. being told my new drone is used.
12Next >
1828 42 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfb71df30
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United States

so bought the mavic refurbished 3 or 4 days ago had it 2 days. cant fly it since my iphone and ipad cant run the new dji go app. so it lives in a box waiting. then i try to buy the dji care refresh online and it tells me i cant because i alredy activated it. i told the guy on chat i cant even run or install the app cant fly it. litterally. he leads me to the page to activate after 48hr. im like seriously dude i cant turn on app or do any of that. common sense really escapes him. now im supposed to wait on reply from customer service. any one else having this problem? or had? at this point ive had so many problems before i can even fly it im ready to return it and go else were.
2017-9-9
Use props
fansfb71df30
lvl.1
United States

o forgot to add i get a message that the gymbal and drone is alredy registered. so am i getting someone elses broken drown from care refresh as refurbished ?
2017-9-9
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Basically Yes, a refurbished unit is one that has been used and sent back for repair or replacement.
I don't think you will be able to buy Care Refresh on it.
I did not think DJI sold the Mavic as a refurbished unit yet, did you buy it from them ?
2017-9-9
Use props
el pelo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

Good luck. I am having a terrible time with customer service myself.
2017-9-9
Use props
fansfb71df30
lvl.1
United States

el pelo Posted at 2017-9-9 16:12
Good luck. I am having a terrible time with customer service myself.

great. it sounds to me like its asia based customer service and they only know basic responses and we apologize very well.  what happend to you?
2017-9-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfb71df30 Posted at 2017-9-9 16:22
great. it sounds to me like its asia based customer service and they only know basic responses and we apologize very well.  what happend to you?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the refurbished unit?
2017-9-9
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-9 17:15
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the refurbished unit?

800 dollars
2017-9-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks......
2017-9-9
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

is customer service always this bad. every were i look its the same thing being said by everyone.
2017-9-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

De Anda Posted at 2017-9-9 17:23
is customer service always this bad. every were i look its the same thing being said by everyone.

I heard some good ones and more bad ones.  For such a big company you'll think customer service would be a priority.
2017-9-9
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-9 17:31
I heard some good ones and more bad ones.  For such a big company you'll think customer service would be a priority.

right. i just want to get the dji care refresh before i fly it. and for it to work fine. i dont think i ask much. im doing my part reading and gona train when i get a compatible phone or ipad
2017-9-9
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

Well I hope they handle it, and it's note a bad omen for refurbished
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

De Anda, could you please PM me the serial number of the aircraft, we will help to look into, thanks.
2017-9-9
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-9 18:48
De Anda, could you please PM me the serial number of the aircraft, we will help to look into, thanks.

awesome thank you. i was hopeing your profil hero pix ment something
2017-9-9
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

So if you can't run the DJI GO 4 app, how are you going to activate and fly the Mavic?
2017-9-9
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-9 22:17
So if you can't run the DJI GO 4 app, how are you going to activate and fly the Mavic?

im gona buy new phone or ipad. sucks more expense thanks dji and apple. rally deciding if i should keep it could use some encouragement.
2017-9-9
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

De Anda Posted at 2017-9-9 23:41
im gona buy new phone or ipad. sucks more expense thanks dji and apple. rally deciding if i should keep it could use some encouragement.

Where did you buy the Mavic? This all sounds rather odd.
2017-9-9
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

De Anda Posted at 2017-9-9 23:41

Not sure why it’s Apples fault. With the objective of proving performance, efficiency and security the only thing they doing is phasing out 32bit apps. Most if not all other major software vendors have dropped 32bit support or plan to imminently.
2017-9-10
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-9 23:52

I agree! How back level are your iphone and ipad that neither will support DJI Go? Seems like you might have checked the prereqs before dropping $800 on a drone you haven't seen fly!
2017-9-10
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

That's why I go with State Farm Refresh !!
2017-9-10
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-9 23:52

dji website
2017-9-10
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-9-10 01:54
Not sure why it’s Apples fault. With the objective of proving performance, efficiency and security the only thing they doing is phasing out 32bit apps. Most if not all other major software vendors have dropped 32bit support or plan to imminently.

i can run my go pro 5 on it idk see why i cant run my drone. its not like im using a inspire
2017-9-10
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-10 06:08
That's why I go with State Farm Refresh !!

yea i was reading about it. how much you pay for it if you dont mind me asking
2017-9-10
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-9-10 01:54

I totally agree with you.  This problem has nothing at all to do with Apple or their products.  It seems like a problem of not doing due diligence as far as “Will my current equipment support the DJI equipment?” and jumping at a discounted Mavic.

I hope the OP will get this straightened out for his sake.
2017-9-10
Use props
Landjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61496 ft
United States

De Anda Posted at 2017-9-10 06:45
yea i was reading about it. how much you pay for it if you dont mind me asking

There are some threads about it - average quote seems to be $60 for $1000 of coverage per year.
2017-9-10
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-9-10 06:54
I totally agree with you.  This problem has nothing at all to do with Apple or their products.  It seems like a problem of not doing due diligence as far as “Will my current equipment support the DJI equipment?” and jumping at a discounted Mavic.

I knew I needed new phone not the issue. My issue is when I haven't used it for obvious reasons and being told it's alredy activated or used
2017-9-10
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

Landjet Posted at 2017-9-10 07:08
There are some threads about it - average quote seems to be $60 for $1000 of coverage per year.

Seams good
2017-9-10
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-9-10 06:54

And like I said before I hope I can buy refresh. I don't see why refurbished makes a difrence. Bad sign if it does. But they reached out hopefully it does resolve. I take this serious in time I get phone I've read manual and reading up on Faa requirements
2017-9-10
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is the compatible devices from the DJI web page

Capture dji.JPG
2017-9-10
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

De Anda Posted at 2017-9-10 07:34
I knew I needed new phone not the issue. My issue is when I haven't used it for obvious reasons and being told it's alredy activated or used

I think this problem will become more and more pervasive as these drones are sold and hit the used market. DJI doesn't seem to have thought this through, the need to be able to associate the drone serial number with a new user and email. They don't seem to be able to do it even with refurbed units purchased directly from DJI.
2017-9-10
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-9-10 07:49
I think this problem will become more and more pervasive as these drones are sold and hit the used market. DJI doesn't seem to have thought this through, the need to be able to associate the drone serial number with a new user and email. They don't seem to be able to do it even with refurbed units purchased directly from DJI.

True, maybe and I hope they fix it
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

De Anda Posted at 2017-9-9 20:05
awesome thank you. i was hopeing your profil hero pix ment something

I've checked in our system that the drone hasn't been activated, you may send email to djicare@dji.com with the serial number and screenshot of error message in purchasing page for further assistance, they will check more info and help you out, thank you.
2017-9-11
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

What iPhone do you own that won't work?
2017-9-11
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Sime Posted at 2017-9-11 01:43
What iPhone do you own that won't work?

That is the questions I would like to ask oyu?
What Apple devices are you trying to use?
2017-9-11
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-11 00:26
I've checked in our system that the drone hasn't been activated, you may send email to  with the serial number and screenshot of error message in purchasing page for further assistance, they will check more info and help you out, thank you.

I did email them and they just repeat the same thing to try online things I can't do
2017-9-11
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

I've checked in our system that the drone hasn't been activated, you may send email to  with the serial number and screenshot of error message in purchasing page for further assistance, they will check more info and help you out, thank you.

They just tell me to go online to do it and I've been over that I can't not do the video
2017-9-11
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

De Anda Posted at 2017-9-11 07:29
They just tell me to go online to do it and I've been over that I can't not do the video

im just gona ignore each person that cant read and realize the phone is not the issue its obvious i need to upgrade. its a dji care issue.
2017-9-11
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
United States

so emailed them copy of invoice, screen shots. and just about everything there is to send. and talked to them on phone. they were lost and knew nothing of my case. and promised to call by end of day and take personal responsibility of my case and yet no reply... so whats happening.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

De Anda Posted at 2017-9-11 22:51
so emailed them copy of invoice, screen shots. and just about everything there is to send. and talked to them on phone. they were lost and knew nothing of my case. and promised to call by end of day and take personal responsibility of my case and yet no reply... so whats happening.

Have you got the reply from DJI Care Team? If not, please PM me your email address, I will contact them to reply as soon as possible, thanks.
2017-9-13
Use props
CPTAHAB
New
United States

DJI,

Oddly enough I bought a new drone from a reputable online dealer and received what looked like a refurbished unit. Scratched Mavic and Remote looked clearly used.

I sent that unit back without activating or turning it on.. I should be receiving a replacement "hopefully new unit today".

Question: I purchased DJI refresh service agreement with original unit. How do I switch the refresh agreement Serial # & Gimbal S/N once I receive the replacement unit?

Thanks!
2017-9-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules